tp is overated

I'm nearly 4 hours into the game and I like it, but it's getting a little boring, so I'll start playing again tomorrow. :)

Shoko said:
even if u dont like TP, you can't really find something wrong with it. If you can find something wrong with it, it's not that big of a deal or dosen't matter at all. That's why it always gets 9/10 and 10/10. This is what some companies said about it too
so your saying just cause it didint have that many flaws ur giving it a 9 or 10 i mean u cant just give a game a 9 or a 10 i mean re4 now thats a 9 or a 10, gears of war 9, or a 10 thsoe games are worthy but zelda it is an okay launch game myb 8.3

i dont care im on summer vacation so i can care less i just chill and party and anyways ur a lame u cant even spelll haah lame

kevbomac05 said:
i dont care im on summer vacation so i can care less i just chill and party and anyways ur a lame u cant even spelll haah lame
If you wanna try and dis someone, please try and do it with correct grammer and spelling. Then it just might actually work.

as for TP being overrated, I'd have to say it is slightly overrated. It's a good game, and i'll put it on my favorites list, but it's not exactly, "incredible" by any means.
I'll say Gears of War is an overrated game. It's got all those fancy dancy graphics and such, nice gameplay, but honestly, I could never get into it. Didn't live up to the hype I expected it to be or heard of.
But if I were to say, TP was a great launch title for one of the first games on the Wii, even if it was a GC port....

kevbomac05 said:
so your saying just cause it didint have that many flaws ur giving it a 9 or 10 i mean u cant just give a game a 9 or a 10 i mean re4 now thats a 9 or a 10, gears of war 9, or a 10 thsoe games are worthy but zelda it is an okay launch game myb 8.3
If Zelda were to get an 8.3, do you know how many fanboys would go attack that reviewer(s)? Were you here when, I think Gamespot gave TP like a 8.7 or something? Everyone was freaking out. It was pretty funny though. So Zelda will most likely never get an 8.3. It's your opinion, and in a lot of peoples opinions here Zelda is one of those games that is superior to others no matter what pretty much.

ya i agree with some of the stuff ur sayin but u said gears of war great graphics and gameplay, hmm arent those the elements that make a game great

They do, but I forgot to say it got old relatively fast. I mean i've played a bunch of shooters and stuff and i'll say this much, Gears of War is better than a bunch of those. or whatever you wanna classify that game as, action, adventure, idc. It's a good game, but I just never got into, I never saw myself having a huge amount of fun. I don't know really how else to say it without putting Gears of War down, which I dont wanna do cause it's a good game, just not entirely that fun.

when shoko said you can't find anything wrong with it,he means like that everything is good, i'm tired of people saying it was easy because give it to a 12 year old and i guarantee you he wouldn't be able to get past all the templles, how many times did anyone here got stuck, right now i'm stuck foir the 5th time,(zelda just died giving midna her spirit or whatever and i don't know how to get to the snowy mountains)

it's a nice challenge, fun gameplay, graphics are good, good story, big map

i don't see what's wrong with giving it a good score

Agreed. For reviewers to score a game, they go and make an unbiased decision.
The game is a little challenging at parts (not as challenging as OOT though), it had good gamplay, the graphics were good for a launch title (though it was a GC port and graphical changes weren't made...), it's story is very good like any other Zelda game, and the map is big compared to some other games. So it does deserve a good score.

Shoko said:
even if u dont like TP, you can't really find something wrong with it. If you can find something wrong with it, it's not that big of a deal or dosen't matter at all. That's why it always gets 9/10 and 10/10. This is what some companies said about it too
I can find faults with it.

The puzzles/temples were repetitive and most involved excessive use of the clawshot.. while weapons like the bow, ball and chain and spinner weren't used enough.

Enemies within a temple usually consisted of nothing more than a few jumping spiders and bats with unchallenging bosses and mini bosses.

The onslaught of temples got tiresome.. they needed to space them out with more quests like getting Ilya's memory back.

The story was a bit rubbish.. it focused solely on midna with no character development for Link, Zelda or Ganondorf, who pops out of nowhere at the end.

Hidden skills were mostly left useless.. the game would play much the same if you decided not to learn any of them. Any foe you would feel the need to use a hidden skill on would usually block it anyway.

After the initial excitement of having a follow up to OOT and after realising how repetitive the temples were.. the game felt like a grind more than anything else.

Although still an above average game.. It scored so high simply because there arent many good games about. When you have to give TP a rating and you see games like Mario Strikers get 8.7/10.. What else can you do but give TP 9.5/10?

With average games being rated 7/10 rather than 5/10 all games are being "overated".

powpowpow said:
With average games being rated 7/10 rather than 5/10 all games are being "overated".

that is true, i hadn't put any real thought into that. i think they are just trying to ease up on tearing games apart. i never thought inflation would hit game ratings.;)

Back