Trading star points for wii points

domino-lew

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2008
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems on the nintendo website trading in their star points for wii points, as i keep trying but there is never any in stock! I was also wondering how they can be out of stock when all they are are code, or do they send you a card in the post?

wii points

hi domino.
i heard about swaping stars for points, so i checked it out. only to find i didnt have enough stars for the internet browser and there was 200 cards available. then remembered i hadnt registered my metroid prime 3. so i did that (it took about 3 minutes to do). when i got back to the page where i trade my stars for points they were all gone! :-(
anyway i kept checking for the next few days and i think it was the 3rd day they had them :-D.
they gave me a code that i enter on my wii and the points were instantly there for me to use.

my advise is to look every day and soon you shall find some.
i realy hope this helps you out and that you get your points.

take care and happy wii-ing.

I have been trying for about 3 weeks and managed to get 3 x 100 points, but the last 8 days i can't get any. I keep getting an err-0103 code. Are you getting the same.

paul 69 said:
I have been trying for about 3 weeks and managed to get 3 x 100 points, but the last 8 days i can't get any. I keep getting an err-0103 code. Are you getting the same.

oo thats the error code that i keep getting. I have like 3450 stars but then when I try to change them into wii points it either has none there to click on or lets me get so far to purchase only 100 wii points when i have enough to get way more, then when ive clicked purchase it gives me that error.

why why why>? or wii? wii? wii? heheh

Maybe its new or something and has some glitches. Has anyone tried to get anything else with their stars like a tshirt or anything from the catalogue?:crazy:

i have just emailed nintendo a real bitchy letter about this as i am really pissed off about this error.
i will let you all know what happens.
err-0103 the story of our lives
and dont be conned into buying a smaller card for your stars as you will be getting ripped off.
dont forget they have to honour what the advertise dont they

ghackshaw said:
i have just emailed nintendo a real bitchy letter about this as i am really pissed off about this error.
and dont be conned into buying a smaller card for your stars as you will be getting ripped off.

Do let us know if THEY email you back and what they say.....I really want a virtual game but I wanna use my wii points to buy it, wasn't gunna use my credit card.....:crazy:

I got a Wii for Christmas and saw this thread. Did a little search to find out about Star Points and I understand that it's only in Europe? Or has it been extended to the U.S. and other countries? (I live in the U.S.)

awp69 said:
I got a Wii for Christmas and saw this thread. Did a little search to find out about Star Points and I understand that it's only in Europe? Or has it been extended to the U.S. and other countries? (I live in the U.S.)

Yeah think its only europe coz I go through this site to get to my login page.....

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/index.html

domino-lew said:
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems on the nintendo website trading in their star points for wii points, as i keep trying but there is never any in stock! I was also wondering how they can be out of stock when all they are are code, or do they send you a card in the post?

I think they are limiting the number of cards bought per day (both by limiting the amount of purchases, and forcing each user to only buy one per day)

My advice is just keep checking every day (and at different times too) - I checked once early in the morning and none were available, then once again in the afternoon and suddenly you could buy some.

I have 900 wii points now, what should I get? Mario Kart 64?

ghackshaw said:

:crazy: Don't understand your comment.
About getting ripped off.
whether you purchase small or large they still cost the same
400 stars= 100 points.

Axel16 said:
what are star points and how do you get them? cause if i can get wii points for free that'd be awesome.

Hi Axel, you get star points by registering your nintendo products on nintendo europe site , the link is a couple of posts up.

You know the leaflets that come with your games or consoles, there should be a code in there somewhere, it might have a silver strip on it like a scratchcard, or it might have nintendo-vip written on it somewhere.

type that code into the nintendo europe site in product registration and you will get x amount of stars for each game/console-

Then click on wii points shop and you can exchange your stars for wii points!

Back