Treating your wii like a human

Nick111

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
8249-1363-6620-2544
After reading some forums and seeing the hardware issues.. I have decided to treat my wii like a person. I am now turning it completely off (Red) when i go to bed, trying to cool it off some. I am also giving it time to just refresh itself..
I know this may not help it much and probably isn't the answer to all of the hardware issues lately but I believe it might help :smilewinkgrin:
So does anyone take any other precautions to preserve their wii?

Last edited:
turning it off does not make it more human than my dead cactus. but u may have a point, turning it off like that may have some advantage, although marginal..

And i have noticed that it only gets hot on one side ^_^
i wonder if that little fan can maintain the beastly system :rolleyes:

I try and turn most humans on when going to bed :)

Turning it on and off all the time could possibly limit it's over all life span.

If the power supply is designed to be left on then it may not like being
turned off every day.

Better would be to make sure it is well ventilated and out of direct sun light; in a cool area, etc.

BTW I live in New Zealand, it is summer here, really hot and I've had no problems with my Wii. Apart from the wiimote playing up occasionally.

Good luck.

its a console mate they are tested before they are released etc. Treat it like a console, you dont have to mother it just take decent care of it like not dropping it or anything. Caution dont give it a bath if it gets dirty

lmao.. i mean i don't like kiss it every night.. or spoon feed it.. but i was curious what conditions yours are in.. cause i didn't get the warranty (i don't think) it was a present. i just want to keep it in good shape so i can always play it and never have to hassle with tech offices.
Mine is next to a kinda of big tv... and it seems to get hot on one side.. so i haven't had any problems (even with the wii-mote) so ill just keep doing what i doing...
so far only con for me:
1. in one wii-mote, batteries didn't last to long.. but who cares.. its batteries

you should send it to dr.patterson in wace, TX. he worked miracles on tracy mcgrady :smilewinkgrin: now hes droppin 30 pts every night.

Dont give it a drink

Dont let it smoke

dont take it to bed

and dont feed it vegetables

As long as you treat it following the guide lines you cant treat it like a human

lol good for you toad

Darkprinny said:
Dont give it a drink

Dont let it smoke

dont take it to bed

and dont feed it vegetables

As long as you treat it following the guide lines you cant treat it like a human

Is that seriously in the manual?

Back