Twighlight Princess v.s Windwaker v.s Ocarina

Ocarina of Time is among the best games I've ever played.

I think it's MUCH better than Twighlight Princess if for no other reason than the Big Goron Sword, or at least the concept of it.

I really liked that there was a side quest that netted you something actually useful. More than anything it was the lack of this kind of thing that bothered me about Wind Waker, and is even worse in Twighlight Princess.

If Wind Waker's massive world were less irritating to navigate (even after warping it's tedious), and if the many islands had more to freely explore I could have forgiven it's lack of interesting side quests and shot it to the top of the list.

Twighlight Princess feels like a rehash of Ocarina of Time, and with exception of art and graphics it feels like a step backwards in gameplay.

If it weren't for the spinner and the ball & chain I'd have ventured to say that there was almost nothing unique about the game. To add insult to injury there's a perfect opportunity to have made a worthwhile side quest... the Magic Armor. If it worked as described by substituting rupees for hearts while you wore it it'd be a great addition, but the fact that it sucks down rupees while you have it on, not just when you get hit, means that it's almost useless as there's no possible way you could use it consistently even with the 1000 rupee max.

It's a fun game, but after Ocarina of Time really elevated the Zelda franchise to the next level I've felt a little disappointed with it's successors. Wind Waker had a very fun style which set it apart, but Twighlight Princess feels like "more of the same."

Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker

The only thing they missed in Twilight Princess is the Ocarina, they should of put it back Lol, also where is the Kokiri's and the Great Deku Tree???

Last edited:
Kedarshashi said:
i think the 3 day thing got annoying though

yeah sometimes but its storyline was the best...TP's well....its not bad

Link to the Past or the original Zelda are my favorite... I like Twilight Princess better than Ocarina and Windwaker... but then again I kind of like them all.

Am I the only one who didn´t really enjoy the story of Twilight Princess? Don´t get me wrong, is ok.. but not that great! Sometimes it gets confusing and some things come and happen from nowhere. That´s where Ocarina Of Time really blasts TP away.. the storyline in Ocarina was just perfect from the beggining to it´s end and everything.

There other thing that I didn´t really enjoyed in TP was that the world of Hyrule had to many trails and wasn´t a big field like in Ocarina. I tought that was really cool and give a really big sence of freedom.

Another thing that I can´t understand is why the world of hyrule changes from game to game.. that´s so stupid! things that were in the middle go to the south and things from west go to the east.. thats stupid. :x

Other thing I didn´t really like was the absence of some great caracters like the deku tree. And what is navy doing on the screen? that´s just stupid!

And why the hell is the heroe always named link if is not the same link? Nintendo should rethink on every aspect of the game and star to fit everything together.

Don´t ge me wrong, I love Twilight Princess.. but I got the feeling I could loved it more. Ocarina brought Zelda to a new level, TP matches it if the think of it as an independent game, but as a series to many thing just don´t fit and I think that´s it´s main problem.

And why the hell is the heroe always named link if is not the same link? Nintendo should rethink on every aspect of the game and star to fit everything together.

Lol i took the time one day when i was sick to really think in depth about the legend of zelda over all

and in WW they say that zelda is the last heir to the royal fam

same with link

in many of the games he is the same link but he isnt in all of him he has a diffrent generation u know

who gives a crap if he has the same name or if there is game-to-game consistency in the maps. all that matters, ultimately, is gameplay (and graphics to a lesser degree). as long as nintendo gets those things more-or-less, i couldn't give two shits what they call the characters (though for nostalgia's sake, i like when they call him link).

1. Ocarina
2 twilight princess
3 Majoras mask
4 wind waker

By the way Link is a generic name YOU can change it to whatever YOU LIKE!!

didn't you notice????

Last edited:
Flixified said:
Ocarina
Twilight
Windwaker

Simply because I absolutely loved Ocarina.

i agree, OoT is by far the greatest. i found the story/temples/bosses in TP to be too easy, where in Ocarina everything was a mind blowing puzzle.

rindulus007 said:
1. Ocarina
2 twilight princess
3 Majoras mask
4 wind waker

By the way Link is a generic name YOU can change it to whatever YOU LIKE!!

didn't you notice????

true but there are many diffrent generation of link lol

Ocarina of time is my favorite game ever! twilight princess, a close second. didnt play windwaker. I want to try majoras mask. Who all beat ocarina of time? I thought it was pretty easy:)

Last edited:
Back