Upgradable, Region-free Wii Modchip, oh yes!

PotatoWedgie

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Cheney, WA
http://www.wiikey.cn

Fully upgradable via DVD/disc (future proof, expect cool features to come)
Direct boot of Wii backups (like originals)
Direct boot of GC backups (like originals)
Boots different region GC games/backups
Boots different NTSC region Wii games/backups
Supports multi-disc games
Supports DVD-R and DVD+R
Built-in audio fix (for games using streaming, no patch required)
Stealth mode
4 wires & quick solder interface
Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller
Professional ESD packing

WOO!!!

Exactly what is it and what does it do.Is it a chip that goes inside your wii,or is it a disc you just run in yor wii like a CD.Or could it even be a add on compartment like the DVD rom add on the Xbox 360 has brought out.I ask these questions because I really dont understand the computer talk above.I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain to us non computer experts what all this means.I think I know what it is but Im not sure.Is it a add on you can play dvds on and helps with online play.Oh lord someone please help im dyin here thanks.

Also wonder what it will cost and if ya will have to install the chip(if its a chip which i think it is)and if there will be a download sent to all wiis that you will have to download after the chip is installed.

WiiGirl2006 said:
Somebody posted this before, but I don't know it looks fishy to me.

No, that was the CycloWiz modchip which isn't upgradeable and doesn't allow you to play games from other regions. How is it fishy? :scared:

fewfirstchoice: modchips are installed inside the Wii using a soldering iron. You can do it yourself, but if you want it installed you'll have to call around. It's usually not too expensive...I'm not sure how much the chip itself costs since it's not out yet.

Two main things you'll be able to do with this chip installed:

- Play backups of your GC/Wii games (which most people will use for pirating, though I find it completely stupid. BUY YOUR FREAKING GAMES!)
- Play GC games from any region (Europe, Japan, etc)
- Play Wii games from Japan

It's also upgradeable, meaning more features may be implemented later on. Since I'm not a dirty thief, I personally can't wait to use it for playing Japanese games (imported at full price, mind you). W00t!

Yeah I want to know how much it costs. Also will they have a how to video/ pages of how to put it in your Wii???

I'm undecided on if I should mod my Wii, or leave it as it is. I don't want to get a chip to play burned off games, I consider that stealing, but I would certainly like my Wii to be able to read Japanese import games.

I think the best bet is to hold off on modding your Wii and see which chips are the most reliable. You also have to know that modifying the console will put a bullet into your waranty's head.

I like these modchips because I think the whole region thing is a bad idea - it never worked for DVD's (at least not here, since the law was never passed to make region coding in players enforced, and indeed changing regions was expressly allowed under law at that time) and its only going to hurt with games. A large amount of games I am interested in will never make it here in any guise. so I will have to modchip and import them. note that is BOUGHT import not pirate.

this website doesnt tell you anything it looks very suspect to me i wouldnt get one of these not just yet anyway

Back