WaveDash

Well perhaps you could configure L or R....So you could set either L or R to WD. But I just like it the way it is and hope that it stays the same in Brawl, otherwise it will just be really weird and seem...I don't know, empty in a sense.

lol thought I should bump this to introduce newcomers to the vast world of Super Smash Bros Melee that will be even more vast in Super Smash Bros Brawl that will come out for the Wii next year.

In SSB aerial attacks and L canceling were like advanced attacks. Now they are the norm in SSBM. This time I believe for SSBB, wavedashing and SHFFLs will be the norm and some new aspect of fighting will be discovered in SSBB that will own the Advanced techs in SSBM.

Ya, there will probably be more advanced techs in SSBB, but this time I'll be ready. I learned about WD'ing and such late, but this time I'll know the advanced stuff earlier. And Online might force advanced stuff on people, when they see their opponents doing it.

I believe they should keep wavedashing as it was in SSBM. It's not too difficult for an average competitive person to learn, but still a precise technique that a noob couldn't just pick-up and use instantly. It aids so much in mindgames and helps the game be more than knowing combos.

I don't go to any SSBM tourney's or anything (yet), but I've experienced while playing locals how much your game will improve when properly incorporating techniques like wavedashing. It's just one more aspect that helps this game develop a stronger gap between a bad player and a good one. If it was set to a button... it would be way too easy.

Wavedashing is more than that....but I'm not going into detail of what it is. Me and my colleagues have had the same discussion about wavedashing, it's not cheating, it's just an advanced technique that is used by most skilled players. I'll tell you the truth, I didn't even know what the hell wave dashing was, I was doing it from the moment the game first released, I'd even air-dodge into walls and wall jump. I always thought it was just advance dodging which it is. People just "Labeled" advance dodging as wavedashing.

When I went to my first tourney thats how I found out what it was. My opponent said I won because I was cheating by wavedashing, you can't cheat by using the "built-in" mechanics of the game. Using an external device such as a Gameshark, that is cheating..

Interesting... If I had friends to play with consistently we would've stumbled across wavedashing while mucking around in the game.

Wavedashing isn't cheating. Nor is Peach Fthrow or ICs infinite cheating. The move might give the player a huge advantage but it doesn't enable the player to win automatically. Cheating is a method that enables the player to achieve what he wants.

Two completely different concepts and yet noobs say hax or cheat... lame isn't it? I was a noob when I first heard of WD but I didn't say hax or cheat - I tried to learn how it works and now look where it's brought me today.

Nothing's ever black and white in a fighting game. Its all grey.

Back