What do you plan on buying?

Electivire

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
I forget
Wii Online Code
3768-6401-3963-2604
I can't find a topic like this, so here I go.

What current-gen consoles do you own or plan on buying?
I currently only own a wii, and am planning to buy a 360 very soon, and possibly a ps3 a when more games come out.

~Electivire

Last edited:
I got a wii last week. I'm not buying either of the other two next gen consoles - period. The price point has gone too high and I really haven't liked the direction of console games over the last few years(I'm old . . .32) If xbox came out w/ a keyboard and mouse and added some REAL rpg's or something, maybe, but I doubt it.

We have the wii and the 360. I'm more into the wii and my husband likes the 360. I just wish the wii would have a few of the features that the 360 has, then it'd be perfect.

I've got a Wii, and I'm getting a 360 either this week or the next.

Ive got a wii and thats pretty much the only next gen console im going to get.

My brother in law and most of my friends have 360's, played on them allot and didnt think much of it. Has the same problems as the Xbox, if you like FPS or Racing games then your sorted, but if you get bored of FPS your stuck........so no 360 for me.

Sony's PS3 has priced them out of the market, the thing just costs way too much. Plus i have no interest in it, looks good but its pretty much a beefed up PS2.

Funky Gibbon said:
Has the same problems as the Xbox, if you like FPS or Racing games then your sorted, but if you get bored of FPS your stuck........so no 360 for me.

Amen, the catalogs just keep shrinking in variety. At least the control set of the wii forced publishers to come up with some new concepts.

I bought a Wii a while back. I want to buy Xbox 360 just for halo 3, if its good like its supposed to be. If i do buy a 360 itll be the crappy 300$ one because i have a lot of necesities, if my wallet is empty by then i wont. Unlike some people i Have to work for my money my parents stopped buying me games after i got a job.

TitansATB said:
I bought a Wii a while back. I want to buy Xbox 360 just for halo 3, if its good like its supposed to be. If i do buy a 360 itll be the crappy 300$ one because i have a lot of necesities

You cant have all that many necessities if your willing to burn $300 on a 360 just for the sake of one game.

TitansATB said:
Unlike some people i Have to work for my money my parents stopped buying me games after i got a job.

Welcome to the real world kid. You think its bad now, wait till you move out and have to pay all the bills for your own place, you wont have enough money left over to buy a second hand rubik's cube to keep yourself entertained.

Funky Gibbon said:
You cant have all that many necessities if your willing to burn $300 on a 360 just for the sake of one game.

Welcome to the real world kid. You think its bad now, wait till you move out and have to pay all the bills for your own place, you wont have enough money left over to buy a second hand rubik's cube to keep yourself entertained.

hopefully my job will get better by the time im out of my house :wink:

TitansATB said:
hopefully my job will get better by the time im out of my house :wink:

There are lots of hidden costs that you don't even realize exist, its only when you have your own place and Ma and Pa ain't paying none of the bills that you realize how costly it is.

If I could move back in with my parents tomorrow i would, never had it as good as i did back then. Financially i was better off when i earned less money but stayed with my parents, i earn a lot more money now but am worse off.

Funky Gibbon said:
There are lots of hidden costs that you don't even realize exist, its only when you have your own place and Ma and Pa ain't paying none of the bills that you realize how costly it is.

If I could move back in with my parents tomorrow i would, never had it as good as i did back then. Financially i was better off when i earned less money but stayed with my parents, i earn a lot more money now but am worse off.

hmmmmmmmm i see, maybe i should stay at home until im 40

I own a Wii but don't plan on buying anymore consoles. I just want to expand the library of my Wii as much as possible.

TitansATB said:
hmmmmmmmm i see, maybe i should stay at home until im 40

Seems to be working out so far for my brother-in-law, hes coming close to thirty and is still at home.

Tell you one thing though, the chicks don't dig it if you still live with your mum and dad. If you pull you cant really take them home, kinda turns them off when you say "you'll have to be quiet so you don't wake my parents".

Because of that my brother-in-law is like a newly made house brick, hes never been laid.

Back