What Franchise is better : Mario or Zelda?

If you'd asked me BW (before wii) I'd have said Mario but after getting hooked on Twilight Princess (and investing in Wind Waker) I'd have to say Zelda.... I'm a new convert!!!!

Mario!

Biggest selling games franchise of all time! PROVEN!

A report on the 20 top-selling videogame franchises of all time has pinned Nintendo's Mario at the number one spot, with a total of 193 million sales worldwide.

Published by The Independent, London, the report has put Pokémon in second place with 155 million sales during its lifetime, Final Fantasy following with 68 million. Popular series like The Sims and Grand Theft Auto also appear in the top 10, the former with 54 million sales worldwide and the latter 50 million.

The full top 20 list, with sales figures, is as follows:

Mario, 193 million

Pokémon, 155 million

Final Fantasy, 68 million

Madden NFL, 56 million

The Sims, 54 million

Grand Theft Auto, 50 million

Donkey Kong, 48 million (centre)

The Legend of Zelda, 47 million

Sonic the Hedgehog, 44 million

Gran Turismo, 44 million

Lineage, 43 million

Dragon Quest, 41 million

Crash Bandicoot, 34 million

Resident Evil, 31 million

James Bond, 30 million

Tomb Raider, 30 million

Mega Man, 26 million

Command & Conquer, 25 million

Street Fighter, 25 million

Mortal Kombat, 20 million

Last edited:
resident evil hellz yah!

i would say mario, even though zelda has a cooler theme i grew up with mario

The Kart games are way too much fun. Mario will always be of the highest standing in my mind.

scots wii said:
Mario, but only just, especially after Mario Sunshine which was a complete disaster.:mad2: :sad:
What is it about that game some people hate so much? Alright, it didn't revolutionise gaming forever like Mario 64, but it was still a good game (at least in my opinion).

Mario of course.

Don't get me wrong but Mario started it in a way. Zelda came along as did Donkey Kong, etc. Toad's list is probably pretty damn accurate. I still love my Zelda games though.

Mario for sure. Hes been in way more games and had more cameo appearances then good ol' Link

Well these two happen to be my two favorite franchises. But Zelda is number 1 for me. Especially Ocarina of Time. that game was just a revolution. amazing gameplay, incredible story, awesome puzzles, outstanding music, godly weapons.

Although i love the Zelda series, Mario is right behind it.

I love both but i'd definitly have to go with Mario, just because I grew up playing mario games and their very entertaining. GO YOSHI!!!

Back