What?! Gamestop Wants How Much?!

Dorkfish said:
Gamestop is always a ripoff when you sell games, but i do it anyway cuz ebay has scammers and they blow.

Yeah, Gamestop is just ripping people off left and right, but ebay is the one that blows.....

To hell with brick and mortar stores. If I can purchase something online, I usually will. Before I left to go work overseas, I would buy most of my electronics/comics/software/games online, even after shipping charges I ended up paying WAY less then if I were to go to any store.

Ebay is great.....if you understand how to use it. The feedback system is there for a reason. If someone owns an ebay shop, and they have 1k+ in positive feedback, then you're not going to get burned. Period. All the cases I've come across from people whining about it were from buyers who bought from sellers that had no positive feedback, or negative feedback that was equal to or higher then their positive feedback (both of which shouldn't be done).

Hell, I taught my own mother AND grandmother how to use ebay, and they've NEVER had an issue.

The only time I purchase at a store is if I want it THAT DAY....which I'm usually never that impatient for.
Ebay ftw!

Pantalaimn said:
My local store had a copy of Wii Sports used for $10.

i am pretty sure they don't buy that...

Selling Wii sports doesn't make sense because every Wii owner has it. Unless someone lost it or broke it, but thats a rare thing. Unless Gamestop bought it for like 75 cents.

Notorious said:
the games they sold probably had different values

same number of games but 50 dollars more? then their games musta been damn valuable. of course you might be correct, but i really wouldnt doubt it to be a racist thing either.

T3kNi9e said:
Selling Wii sports doesn't make sense because every Wii owner has it. Unless someone lost it or broke it, but thats a rare thing. Unless Gamestop bought it for like 75 cents.

I sold my used copy of Wii Sports for $45 through Craigslist. I got four offers for it within a few hours... People are more than willing to buy it; half the people that own Wii systems play Wii Sports more than anything, and plenty of them are careless enough to lose the game or let their kids break it, then pay premium to get it again.

Gamestop is terrible, it's rare nowadays that you find any good deals there, the only 'good' deals I see there occasionally are on used Gamecube games; they have some good classics like Metroid and FZeroGX for pretty cheap - 5 to 10 dollars - and on used GC systems/controllers...

If you wanna sell (or buy), direct buyer to seller avenues like Craigslist, Ebay, even Amazon are a lot better.

thats stupid. i never sell games anymore. its stupid- no matter what the game is, even if its some **** like ninjabreadman or something, you ALWAYS want it back eventually. you'll just go "why did i sell that stupid game???" and then you'll end up having to buy it again for more than you sold it for. its just stupid IMO.

Back