What is the overall opinion for having a 'good' game

KNOWN1

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2011
New York
What is the score that makes you want to go rush get your camera and take a pic of it, because you're never going to get it again?
I think getting a flawless (0 deaths) is pic-worthy, but would you guy consider something such as 32-12 (I just did that) a "good, pic-worthy" score?
I'm talking kill/deaths here.

Also which is better? 12-2 or 24-4? or would you have have 38-19 or 12-3?
Discuss.

Last edited:
My utterly merit-less opinion is: as the amount of kills gets higher, the more valuable your KDR gets, if that makes any sense. Anyone with skill or not can camp to come out on top of random advantageous encounters with the enemy having their back to you, a good 90% of the time and get an end score of like 12-1. On the flip side, it takes a lot more effort (and a lot more skill) to go 36-3.

The reason I see it this way is because going on the offense requires so much more attention and strategy. Runnin' and gunnin' isn't a highly profitable winning strategy unless you've got dead eye aim, blistering reaction time, a good loadout, and superior map knowledge. Otherwise you'll wander into the wrong area at the wrong time and/or get out-gunned when you're running about.

I think it all depends on the game mode and how strong the field you are playing against is. It also depends on how good you are - each person's idea of a "good" game is probably different based on skill and experience. My opinion is:
- If you are playing regular conflict, then winning with a 2:1 k/d ratio or better is "good" for most people. I know in my regular conflict matches, my goal is first to 30 points with only single-digit deaths, essentially 3-1 or better. If you are playing against a strong field, say 4 or more LEGIT 56ers at one time, then just winning is usually a "good" game.
- In the team games, I would rather have my team win than me be best k/d all around and the team lose. "Good" game there is team victory regardless of k/d ratio, although I still strive for at least 2:1.
- So far as "picture taking" is concerned, I am not one to photograph my TV for all the world to see. There are already enough self-righteous bastardos on youtube that think they are the sh1t. However, to answer your question... 30-0 on conflict is a rare match for anyone since you not only have to be really on with your game, but also lucky. When you think about it, there is a lot of random flack in this game such as snipers, explosions, tubing, mines, nades, stupidity...lots to deal with while killing 30 people in a row! And not to mention that once you hit ~20-0, you become target #1 for the entire field! Nobody wants to be playing on the noob squad that was on the receiving end of a 30-0 massacre!
- Shutting out a golden gun game is also a "good" game, though not as good as 30-0 on conflict.

A couple more definitions of a "good" game:
- Just beating me is a "good" game for anyone (just kidding hahaha)
- A game where the host doesn't quit or leave you stuck with the Wii Freeze with a Beep at the scorecard.
- The first time you win a game after starting a new profile.

Well you get the idea :)

For me it's a good game when i am able to get a nice rythm. When i feel i'm dictating the pace of the game.
Instead off being dragged in and finding myself amidst chaos beyond my control.

Haha I have quite a few pics of 50 & 60+ kill games with 10kdr's and such plus a couple of vids with 50+ kills on YT.....but after reading what Tampo said I don't think I'll post em :p They are my GE memories though !!!

I think my best kdr was partied up with &Minny, I managed a 44 - 1 game on industrial....don't think i'll ever beat that. But I'll keep trying :)

A 44 KDR... Now that's beastly. Can't assuredly say I've ever achieved that (in Red Dead Redemption), or at the very most not more than once.

Haha I have quite a few pics of 50 & 60+ kill games with 10kdr's and such plus a couple of vids with 50+ kills on YT.....but after reading what Tampo said I don't think I'll post em :p They are my GE memories though !!!

I think my best kdr was partied up with &Minny, I managed a 44 - 1 game on industrial....don't think i'll ever beat that. But I'll keep trying :)

In the interest of being fair, from what I have seen out there...&.Minny is definitely one of the better players. When he is playing well, he is a VERY formidable opponent, and a STRONG ally to have alongside you. He's earned my respect the hard way...

If you can end a game with more than 2,000XP without any proficiencies completed, then that's what I would call a GG.

More than 2,000 xp w/o any proficiencies completed...better than a "good" game I think. More like a "massacre of the noob squad." :devil:

What is the score that makes you want to go rush get your camera and take a pic of it, because you're never going to get it again?
I think getting a flawless (0 deaths) is pic-worthy, but would you guy consider something such as 32-12 (I just did that) a "good, pic-worthy" score?
I'm talking kill/deaths here.

Also which is better? 12-2 or 24-4? or would you have have 38-19 or 12-3?
Discuss.

i think 32-12 is an awesome score on Team Conflict but only above average score on Heroes
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/co16le/goldeneye.jpg
besides my 32-0 game on heroes (which i didnt get a pic of), this is the performance im most proud of, despite that there were lots of noobs

A "good game" is when you get to play GE with a bunch of people you like...good friends...who play fairly without hacking or glitching...who don't host quit...who have good internet connections...and who acknowledge good play while helping lesser-skilled players improve.

For me, it boils down to this: A good game should be a "welcoming death fest with friends over an ice cold beer."

...and for those on here not old enough to drink beer, substitute Kool-aid...OH YEAH!

Shameless I know but this is my best ever streak vid. The game ended 65-5 but I had to cut the last the seconds as there was an error on the recording....and the quality is not brilliant but I was happy to start the game with a 40 streak so I uploaded it anyway. Not my highest kill game but darn close :)

[video=youtube;K4mbFqNCrGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mbFqNCrGU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back