Not open for further replies.

Wii > You

World War Wii
Nov 5, 2007
Texas
Wii Online Code
5390-4745-5144-7150
Greetings,

I may leave a stale taste in your mouth, but I feel this is something I must share. I have looked all over the Internet for a Wii Forum that had a nice look, a big community, and so forth. What kills me is when I read some of the threads/replies. Do some people not think before they post? Are they too eager to add to their post-count that they neglect punctuation, grammar, and normal speech? I can't understand half of the stuff said on the forums because they read like this: "yeah i would go with SMG its better and is going to be the best game ever so its ur money man don say i didnt tell you lol." That was just a sample of a run-on sentence with no punctuation. Notice the text-style writing. I may get banned from this forum, but please think and write normally.

Sincerely,

Wii > You

Last edited:
I don't think you'll be banned. I agree with you to be perfectly honest, some posts are just to hard to read.

Thanks for the support. I understand that today's youth have grown up with text-style writing, but that doesn't mean we have to throw the basic rules and understandings of our language out the door. I'm not bashing the young crowd. Heck, I'm 23. I'm not that old. However, a lot of the posters here are young and probably in school. Do what's right for society and the sake of this forum and write so that we can understand what is being said.

I hear what you're saying!
To be honest (tbh;)) I generally combine both types of typing. Sometimes i cant be bothered to write properly, but generally only use the shorthand that I expect most people to understand.
I stay away from the likes of SMG SSBB etc etc as it isn't obvious to everyone what I'm talking about..Often i am included in that!
I'm all for shorthand, as long as it's obvious what is being said (obviously this will be different for each person though).
You will always get the "ZOMG!!! LMFAO u n00b" type people though, whatever forum you go to.
That said, this forum is a great resource and I don't come across threads and psots that are too bad really.
You will enjoy being a part of the community!!

First, the word should be, "normally" in your last sentence.

And yes, we that post with correct grammar and spelling are in the vast majority. Wiichat is slowly but surely getting better. Definitely don't let the idiots get to you so much that you leave.

Brawny said:
First, the word should be, "normally" in your last sentence.
me?? If so, i beg to differ. But hey, (intentional use of but at the beginning of a sentence) like I said, I don't use 100% correct grammar all the time.

I think he was talking to me, bro. I fixed it.

Hey, I'm from Texas. ;)

llol_slim said:
me?? If so, i beg to differ. But hey, (intentional use of but at the beginning of a sentence) like I said, I don't use 100% correct grammar all the time.

He was referring to the last sentence of the original post.

Edit- Wii > You beat me to it

Pointless thread tbh, do you really think you'll change the spelling and grammar habits of others?
The answer is no, although you're correct in what you say it won't apply to other people, so just leave it out.

so I shouldn't be posting here because I am too lazy to punctuate and spell correctly? I'll at least try to help people by replying with what I know. I am typing from my phone so it automatically cap's the I's and adds apostrophes lol. what's wrong with incorrect grammar? this isn't school, it's a gaming forum

Ah no worries you won't get banned :)

Yeah a lot of people on here don't use correct grammer but I don't notice it as much as before, I'm not sure if this is because there's less of it or I'm just used to it.

But yeah, I do agree with you it is annoying, but with so many young people on here it won't stop I guess =/

I wasn't trying to start a flame war. It was simply something to think about. A gaming forum can be semi-professional in speech. I'm not attacking anyone. If this causes a problem, I could easily leave. I don't want to leave, but if I cause a stink, have it your way.

I think those who would be offended may realize others feel the same way as I do about posts. I say nobody will really pay attention to you unless you can properly speak. Maybe I'm just too darn picky about what I read these days.

I'm here for good information, which I do get, as well as some fun chit chat about our love of the Wii. However, I then get bogged down with the thought, "What on Earth did you say?" It's really a matter of how you, the poster, want to come across as: a little teenager who can't or doesn't want to write coherently, or someone who at least has the decency to write in a fashion that others can understand.

It's up to you, really.

Also, feel free to delete or lock this post.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
I prefer poor grammar over stereotypes...

That's cool. I wonder if we'll ever break away from those sterotypes.

You will not get banned because you are simply stating your opinion. :)
On a more serious note, yes, there are people who type in such a way that it is hard for others to understand, but we can't tell them to change their style. I agree with you that it is difficult to understand, but they must do so for themselves, not for others. Anyway, enjoy your stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back