What on Earth did you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii > You said:
I may get banned from this forum, but please think and write normally.

Sincerely,

Wii > You

Well first of all I can think whatever I want. I don't understand that part of the request. Secondly have you ever heard of anything called poetic licence? Good writers don't have to write normally to make good use of effective language. If someone writes for example "Redsteel sux boring in fifteen minutes sold it now playing Metroid 3" I applaud them for getting the point across without wasting time. So there :lol:

skidmarx said:
Redsteel sux boring in fifteen minutes sold it now playing Metroid 3

Whoa
They must live close to the shop

yeah this was pointless. and as it was stated, this isnt school...so it really doesnt matter how people type. and i have yet to see anyone type so horribly that i havent been able to make out what theyve said. soooooo its not a problem for me.

JCpackers05 said:
yeah this was pointless. and as it was stated, this isnt school...so it really doesnt matter how people type. and i have yet to see anyone type so horribly that i havent been able to make out what theyve said. soooooo its not a problem for me.

I still want it readable.

I had to quote edit someones post on another forum just to make it readable

Yeah i meant mike wasnt smart, not you prinny, sorry if it sounded like the other way.

JAKE196 said:
die gramma nerds lol omgoshulfragle!

il liek pi & al that.

its a freakin online forum.

LOL 母狗伪善言辞读了这文本。

i am 16 and i get 85-90 in my english class but thats something else. i am here on wiichat to have fun, help people out and get help so it wouldnt matter if there was poor grammer. i applaud your opinion though Wii>You

vashivihan said:
i am 16 and i get 85-90 in my english class but thats something else. i am here on wiichat to have fun, help people out and get help so it wouldnt matter if there was poor grammer. i applaud your opinion though Wii>You

This is killing me.

I generally don't think about what I post, I really won't care unless you have good grammar. I like help in my own language, don't know about anyone else...

One more crusader in the the fight against bad grammar.

Honestly, this thread is just going to make "Bad grammar" people more ignorant and stubborn. Though I agree, as I'm not only a Grammar Crusader, but a Grammar Nazi.

I've gotten to a point where typing out full words, reading over my post, etc. is faster than typing "Internet" slang because I've gotten so used to it.

That is the worst argument I have ever heard for "txt tlk": it's not school.

Why exactly is school so different than the internet? Wouldn't learning ONE system of grammar, spelling, and mechanics be easier than learning two? Text talk is the number one reason, I believe, that many people don't take it seriously.

I also try my best to have my posts look correct at the least. Although I don't mind too much about seeing 'u' sub. for 'you' and 'wut' sub. for 'what', but I will admit it's irritating.

Doesn't take that much longer to type whole things out then to make shortcuts. My two-cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back