What on Earth did you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandonMcAuslan said:
Dear Sirs,

I would like to bring it to your attention that certain members of this online forum are not inclined to feel the necessity of learning the correct use of the Queens English. I would respectfully ask that in the event of some person (or persons) posting what I believe is inappropriate language should be removed from this establishment - and declined entry ever again.
Incorrect use of language I define as; incorrect use of capital letters, incorrect use of full stops or commas as well as using broken English etcetera.
This was once a Gentleman's establishment, it was demanded that the correct decorum, language, and etiquette where the only accepted means of communication.
I would ask of you that you take into consideration the sliding standards of this forum. I would also ask that you take more stringent steps in ensuring that the previous standards of etiquette are returned, and that they are held in the esteem that this establishment once aspired to.

Regards
Lord Brandon

Your not a lord
We birts be lords and live in castles
HAVE YOU NOT SEEN USA TV

I generally just read past posts where the language/logic is indecipherable. I understand this is an informal setting, but it's a shame that some users (I have a couple in mind) can't construct more lucid posts - I +think+ some of their underlying ideas +might+ be interesting, but I can't filter them through the "noise".

Frogger said:
You missed correcting one.

And that needs a comma.

I'd say "Also, that needs a comma, although it's iffy. UK grammar rules are a bit different sometimes, most notably businesses and bands being pluralized.

Wii > You said:
Greetings,

I may leave a stale taste in your mouth, but I feel this is something I must share. I have looked all over the Internet for a Wii Forum that had a nice look, a big community, and so forth. What kills me is when I read some of the threads/replies. Do some people not think before they post? Are they too eager to add to their post-count that they neglect punctuation, grammar, and normal speech? I can't understand half of the stuff said on the forums because they read like this: "yeah i would go with SMG its better and is going to be the best game ever so its ur money man don say i didnt tell you lol." That was just a sample of a run-on sentence with no punctuation. Notice the text-style writing. I may get banned from this forum, but please think and write normally.

Sincerely,

Wii > You

Oh you couldn't understand that huh(My question mark key doesn't work, nor does Fslash or the last letter of the alphabet). Its the bloody internet, heh, theres worse, much worse. Ever heard of *gasp* l331! OMFG No n01 l33t n0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!!!!!!!! @hhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cr@p n0w 1m $7uck 1Ik3 7h1$!! h31p m333333333333!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Brawny said:
It should be "were". Hahahahaha.

SUCH INSOLENCE!!!

I shall have you flogged at noon in the town square tomorrow for this! (After I have had elevenses with my good friend His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh of course.)

One should learn to display approprate respect and manners towards one's betters! It is extremely contemptuous and disrespectful to correct a person of higher social standing than one's-self!

BrandonMcAuslan said:
SUCH INSOLENCE!!!

I shall have you flogged at noon in the town square tomorrow for this!

How much for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back