What Rating Will IGN Give Brawl???

How is that fair to people with more than one console? How are they expected to compare their games?

In my opinion, the con's from the wii's lack of depth are made up by its PRICE, which is immediate satisfaction. XB and PS players payed more for a more powerful console, why SHOULDN'T there games reflect that and be rated higher?

brawldude said:
SSBB online experience is going 2 be compare 2 what the wii is capable of doing with its online feature. It will not be compare 2 the 360 or ps3.

its not really what the wii can do, more of which what nintendo can do. if they place a crap load of servers in each country like microsoft does, then they can be as good as the xbox online in a way.

LevesqueIsKing said:
How is that fair to people with more than one console? How are they expected to compare their games?

In my opinion, the con's from the wii's lack of depth are made up by its PRICE, which is immediate satisfaction. XB and PS players payed more for a more powerful console, why SHOULDN'T there games reflect that and be rated higher?

people have a chioce and they shouldnt buy a console on how powerful it is.

thas said:
people have a chioce and they shouldnt buy a console on how powerful it is.
Exactly, and we CHOSE the wii. Therefore, we must accept the fact that it has its faults instead of masking them with the phrase "...for the wii"

LevesqueIsKing said:
Exactly, and we CHOSE the wii. Therefore, we must accept the fact that it has its faults instead of masking them with the phrase "...for the wii"

i understand what you mean, but if they were to do that then they would have to do it for everything else such as graphics and the wii will always get a terrible score for that.

^How bad Wii graphics are would be totally out of the picture though, since, well, Brawl has great graphics

Great compared to other Wii games, but compared to COD4 for example, just good.
Yet, no matter what compared to it's still looks good.

^Well yea, that was part of my point. No matter what it's compared to, the graphics will still be considered good, or great.

Here's a realistic review I made up:

IGN (Shoko) said:
Presentation

Even more of your favorite Nintendo characters duking it out for the 3rd time, this time with even more features like the stage builder and taking snapshots. This installment in the series even has a deep, side-scrolling, co-op, adventure mode with an actual story, that's actually pretty good.

Graphics

Best we've seen on Wii. Even beats SMG. The cut-scenes are also pretty sweet.

Sound

Absolutely wonderful. This game includes classic sound effects like Mario and Sonic's jump sounds all the way to actual lyrics in some of he music. This title also has more music than expected, and each done skillfully by orchestra's and famous developers.

Gameplay

Like Melee, which is actually a complement. This game takes Melee's system and enhances it with more items and distinguish moves/skills. The inclusion of Final Smash Attacks only made Smash Bros more even more addictive, and the keep the matches going at a very fast pace.

Lasting Appeal

With all the features, even including online, I'm surprised all of these things fit on one disc! From stage Builder all the way to collecting music, this game sure did pack a punch. Brawl will definitely last you....FOREVER!

^That sounds like something IGN would write about Brawl, and something like that I say would deserve no less than a 9.7. What do you guys think?

thas said:
i understand what you mean, but if they were to do that then they would have to do it for everything else such as graphics and the wii will always get a terrible score for that.
What are you talking about? The Wii games I've got have some killer graphics!
And I've got some of the best games for Wii!

Back