What Rating Will IGN Give Brawl???

SkullKid said:
What are you talking about? The Wii games I've got have some killer graphics!
And I've got some of the best games for Wii!

yes i know that the wii has great graphics, but we were talking about comparing it to 360 and ps3. if you dont count the lighting affects and the pace the graphics is basically the same. i dont count how real it looks, just how sharp and smooth it looks. either way the wii is not about graphics, but i still believe that this game will get a 9.8 -10.:yesnod:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
How Bout We Wait For IGN To Do This... Eh?
It's just speculation.

If they give it under a 9.5, they fail horribly. I think anyone who gives this game under a 9.5 will get huge criticism, which is enough reason to give it a high rating.

thas said:
yes i know that the wii has great graphics, but we were talking about comparing it to 360 and ps3. if you dont count the lighting affects and the pace the graphics is basically the same. i dont count how real it looks, just how sharp and smooth it looks. either way the wii is not about graphics, but i still believe that this game will get a 9.8 -10.:yesnod:
oooohhhh, i see... yeah the ps3 does have some good graphics, along with 360. Much better than Wii, i guess. idk

thas said:
But they don't compare it to other systems, if they did then all wii games would be in the 6 - 8. they compare it to the same system. if they did compare it to other systems wouldn't all 360 games (halo assassins creed bioshock etc) recieve 10 for graphics.

Thats a rather good point, Tyler. I had never really put 'saving face' into the equation...

balrogs.pa said:
But they don't compare it to other systems, if they did then all wii games would be in the 6 - 8. they compare it to the same system. if they did compare it to other systems wouldn't all 360 games (halo assassins creed bioshock etc) recieve 10 for graphics.

thats what im trying to say. my words just some how got really twisted.

can someone please tell me if IGN has ever given a 10?

Last edited:
Meh, according to that, I'm giving Brawl a very low chance at a 10. Definitely a 9.7.

manred said:
The amazing part about those 10s is that 16 of them are from Nintendo.

WELL they r the longest game company out 2 day.i wonder if my gamestop manager would ket me connect my classic 2 wiimote when we get da demo

I think a 10 is actually fairly possible, seeing as melee got a 9.7 and this improves upon it in nearly every way.

I was under the impression that Matt and Bozon said themselves in a Mario Galaxy podcast that they don't compare games to other games (except for Game Of The Year).

How they give games ratings with a completely fresh mind.

So instead of rating,

"Super Mario Galaxy was this awesome, but since Halo 3's graphics were better, we need to give the graphics a 7."

They rated the Graphics great because it's the best we've seen on the Wii.

Brawl should have the best Online we've seen on the Wii unless MOHH2 takes that title.

Back