What Video Game Franchises Do you dislike and/or hate?

Arcadium said:
lets see...

HALO... NateTheGreat dont ask me why I already told u...:)
THE GODFATHER... Bad graphics, bad story line and bad gameplay
MARIO KART 64... The Game play is so boring...

And more that I dont remember.

I dont like Mario Kart 64, but I hate HALO and THE GODFATHER

You hated mario kart 64?... you must not have played it with alot of friends... that was the funnest game when i was a kid, next to Conkers bad fur day and Bomberman (for multiplayer)

wiiener said:
WOOT someone that likes starcraft! yea, i hate warcraft and World of Warcraft too. Starcraft requires soooo much more skill and is much more cool in my opinion even if it doesnt have as many players or the graphics arent as good. I havent played starcraft in sooooo long, i prolly suck at it now :p

i think im gonna re-install it

I just realized something:

RTS games.
Ugh. Don't even get me started. YOu have to build the units, then upgrade so that you can upgrade another thing so that you can build a unit so that you can build a building so that....its all a chain. Its annoying for me.

I also don't like MK64. The turn response was sort of slow, and it was harder to stay on track then i remembered from the last time i had played it. MKDD or MKDS are definitely better bets for me.

Tony Hawk Series.
They are all the same. And then they add a story with TH:Underground.Then they make a sequel for that. Then they make a downhill RACING game. omg. Just give up already.

Somebody already mentioned the pokemon franchise - I agree with him. Although I've played all versions (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Fire Red) and I found that all they do is make each version almost a carbon copy of the older version. Pokemon has already run its course... STOP!!!

Mario Franchise?? IMO its the games that were after Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 that went downhill. Mario for DS was very much like a copy of Mario 64 but with the 'added' feature of new characters. Big Deal. I still enjoy playing Mario Kart 64 with some friends every now and then.

GTA franchise - I agree with you Homicidal Gamer. Those games were already following a path similar to Pokemon. Played it at a friends house and got very bored with it after 5mins as it didn't give much storyline at all. Just drive around all day finding your target. Similar to Driver.

Tomb Raider - Man I enjoyed this game. I played 2, 3, 4 and then got bored with 5. So no more TR games anymore - same complicated pathways and storylines. The only TR game I want to play and still cannot find is TR 1.

Splinter Cell - good concept but they didn't do well with the storyline and the controls IMO. Too long winded and some of the missions required complicated jiggling of the joystick just to get through a door. Very similar to Mission Impossible and I've played that game from start to finish. And I get sick of any game that has a load bar that goes on for like 1min just to load a start game menu screen. Hence why I hate PS games. Load bars drives me crazy!

Snowboarding/Skating games - same old ****. Just do many tricks as possible within the course or time limit and you'll win the game. Very basic, no dynamic landscapes etc or interaction apart from points resulted from doing tricks.

RTS games - I played Age Of Empires. Good game when I first played it but got bored with the same old repeat building in almost every quest. Every other RTS is based on that concept/mission and so becomes very time consuming and boring.

Racing games - Driver, Burnout, Need for Speed, Gran Tourisimo, etc etc. Only ones I liked was Mario Kart (different racing game). I just don't like hardcore racing games. Maybe I would if I had a steering wheel instead of joysticks and pedals to replace accelerator/brake buttons so that I would be feeling like I'm driving a car. My dad agrees with me on this one and that's pretty much the only type of game he likes.

archie said:
Please say more than one word when you post lol...Atleast tell us why you dont like it!
But its true, Turok suck...I mean, what the hell!, dont make puzzle where you have to jump, when you cant even see your foots! WTF!

I played turok on 64 and yeah it was bloody hard on the 3rd stage where you had to jump from platform to platform and you couldnt see where you were landing exactly and you had to get used to the jumping through estimation and experience. So thats y I gave up on that game. It had a very good atmosphere to it and the levels had the right feel to it but the controls were a bit awkward and the gameplay was almost repetitive in every level.

!panic said:
Please say more than one word when you post lol...Atleast tell us why you dont like it!
But its true, Turok suck...I mean, what the hell!, dont make puzzle where you have to jump, when you cant even see your foots! WTF!

yeah i was eating and typing with one finger so i decided to just say "turok"

linkzeldagame said:
GTA franchise - I agree with you Homicidal Gamer. Those games were already following a path similar to Pokemon. Played it at a friends house and got very bored with it after 5mins as it didn't give much storyline at all. Just drive around all day finding your target. Similar to Driver.
How do you expect to get any kind of story if you just watch your friend play at their house once or twice??? This game has a somewhat good storyline, but the real story is told by the player. It's about what you do and what missions you take or deny. It takes you back to interesting time periods, like the early '90s when rap music was big, along with the gangster scene. You have to play it yourself for more than a couple hours to feel the massivness of the world around you and all the differnt things you can do.

linkzeldagame said:
Splinter Cell - good concept but they didn't do well with the storyline and the controls IMO. Too long winded and some of the missions required complicated jiggling of the joystick just to get through a door. Very similar to Mission Impossible and I've played that game from start to finish. And I get sick of any game that has a load bar that goes on for like 1min just to load a start game menu screen. Hence why I hate PS games. Load bars drives me crazy!
Actually, it's many people's opinion, including mine that the Splinter Cell Series has had a very interesting story. If your someone who watches the news, like CNN or MSNBC often, you'd probably appreciate it more. Also, did you really think the lock-picking was difficult!? Seriously, you just had to turn the joystick a few times and it was done. It's not some wannabe-stealth game franchise like Metal Gear Solid, where you just bust doors down and kill everyone with an AK-47. It's realistic and the point is to do your job (which is a pretty cool job; trying to keep contries from going to war) without ever being discovered. It's about suspense and changing your plan when someone (inevitably) notices you. If you've only played it on the Gamecube, however I can understand your point. It really should have stayed on Xbox and PC (although a keyboard and mouse for that game would be overkill) because the Gamecube and PS2 just can't handle the graphics. It wasn't even the graphics so much as there really weren't many textures in the Gamecube and PS2 versions, which would make it feel very flat and dull. Gamecube also doesn't have true 5.1, so there's another problem because a lot of the game is about listening for footsteps and people talking. I really hope Splinter Cell comes to Wii things like lockpicking would be done with the nunchuk, like how in Metroid Prime 3, you open certain doors by motioning forward and then turning the nunchuk.

linkzeldagame said:
Snowboarding/Skating games - same old ****. Just do many tricks as possible within the course or time limit and you'll win the game. Very basic, no dynamic landscapes etc or interaction apart from points resulted from doing tricks.
Gosh, haven't you ever played SSX: Tricky or SSX3? There are some amazing looking levels with huge jumps, ice tunnels, and avalanches and the time changes from day to night, with neon lights turning on and it's just spectacular!!

linkzeldagame said:
Racing games - Driver, Burnout, Need for Speed, Gran Tourisimo, etc etc. Only ones I liked was Mario Kart (different racing game). I just don't like hardcore racing games. Maybe I would if I had a steering wheel instead of joysticks and pedals to replace accelerator/brake buttons so that I would be feeling like I'm driving a car. My dad agrees with me on this one and that's pretty much the only type of game he likes.
Oh man, are you serious? First Driver is not a racing game, it's an adventure game (or atleast Driver 3 was, although not a very good one; sort of a GTA clone). Need for Speed is not realistic. It's got pretty good controls and lets you sup up your car sort of to a fault. Burnout is completly unrealistic and is soo amazingly fast and the crash mode is a lot of fun, so I can't believe you don't like that game. As for Gran Tourisimo, I've never played it but it sounds like Project Gotham Racing for the Xbox, except harder. I totally agree with you about Gran Tourisimo because it's basicly the same game every single time, or so I've heard from reviews. You seriously sound like you've only had Nintendo consoles which isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't give a lot of variety. Mario Kart 64 was great, really great, but come on, you must like some other racing games.

Last edited:
I Hate The Ty The Tasmanian Tiger Games! The First One Was Okay, The Second One Tried To Make A Clone Of A GTA Enviorment And Ty 3 Is Just Number 2 All Over Again With New Levels.

Back