What would you change about the Wii?

1) Music/Video Channel. Only being able to play music in the photo channel isn't a great idea. And if a music channel of some sort was released, I'd like a firmware update to be able to plug an MP3 player/flash drive into a USB port and play music straight off it.

2) More Virtual Console games per week. Two or three isn't good enough. There should be at least one game for each of the five represented consoles released each week. One NES, SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis, TurboGrafx, N64. AT LEAST. Between five and seven games a week would make many a retro gamer happy.

Oh, and some sort of try-before-you-buy on VC games. A lot of the VC games are before my time, so I have no idea whether my Wii Points would be well spent. Even a 60 second free trial, just to give you an idea of how the game looks and plays, would be extremely useful.

A very minor thing about the VC, or the Shopping Channel really - more regularly-updated headlines on the welcome page. I hate when things like that aren't kept up to date. There should at least be a headline each week telling you what that week's VC games are, etc.

3) Downloadable demos for Wii and DS.

4) More personal Nintendo involvement. A straight-to-Message-Board monthly Wii/Nintendo newsletter would be a nice feature. Or some sort of weekly 'hello, this is Nintendo. This is what we have been doing, and what we will be doing' message.

1)a faster processor 1Ghz
2)at least 256 ram
3)and at least a 300mhz GPU.
none of that would increase the price drastically

Last edited:
ocdan said:
do you think it would be posible to enable usb data storage through an online system update

i think ive read somewhere maybe this forum that some people already use external hardrives as a storage device needs to be in fat32 format wen you format the drive

yarsmang said:
1. Dolby Digital 5.1
2. 720p
3. Change color on slot illumination.
4. Wii Sports Online

1 and 2 would increase the price of the wii. 3 is possible but will void you warranty. 4... agreed!

play ds and gba cartradge!

A channel to programme the disc slot light to flash and do other fansy stuff

eject from remote

play music while games

read cds and dvds

1. Rechargeable pack for the wiimote
2. Better system of friends not those numbers
3. Online right now

That would be awesome

Back