Whats a fanboy?

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Ive been hearing a lot of fanboy this and fanboy that recently. Is fanboy the new trend? What exactly is a fanboy? does being a fan of something make a person a fanboy? are there fangirls, fanwomen, and fanmen?

Fanboy is someone who likes nothing but a certain brand. ie people who go on about Nintendo but will not entertain any other console.

En4Neo said:
Kinda obvious, a boy or person that's an extreme fan of something.

I'm an extreme fan of Final Fantasy because its music and graphics pushes the consoles limits on quality. Am I a fanboy because I'm an extreme fan of Final Fantasy? That makes lots of people I know fanboys.

Fanboy (n): One who blindly defends a company, system, et cetera; usually with ignorant and flagrantly stupid means.
See douchebag.

Gymdawg said:
Fanboy (n): One who blindly defends a company, system, et cetera; usually with ignorant and flagrantly stupid means.
See douchebag.

lol ok im NOT a fanboy. where did you find that definition?

kidtmnt said:
I'm an extreme fan of Final Fantasy because its music and graphics pushes the consoles limits on quality. Am I a fanboy because I'm an extreme fan of Final Fantasy? That makes lots of people I know fanboys.

Sure, being a fanboy doesn't have to be a bad thing. Most gamers are fanboys.

kidtmnt said:

kidtmnt you change your response quick lmao I don't think you want to fall under that definition your smart. But yeah that is the meanig there though. Like if nintendo was to set up bombs in the consoles and millons of people got kill, a person would defend the hell out of nintendo, of why they had bombs in the consoles. and that would make that individual a fanboy

En4Neo said:
Sure, being a fanboy doesn't have to be a bad thing. Most gamers are fanboys.

Fanboys always give biased opinions and typically spend way too much time talking BS about consoles and games they've never tried. What's so great about that?

kidtmnt said:
The Gymdawg Dictionary of Cynical and Condescending Intrarweb Terminology. Duh.

Napalmbrain said:
Fanboys always give biased opinions and typically spend way too much time talking BS about consoles and games they've never tried. What's so great about that?

There are 2 main definitions to the fanboy, that's one of them. I consider myself a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm not ignorant when it comes to the ps3 and 360 like most people here.

DRMARIO said:
sonyfansqx1.gif

- Fanboys

lmfao

Back