What's the definition of 'hardcore' game?

I actually believe you are both right. The topic was made "whats the definition of intense" and you are both saying that all games with blood or without can be intense. ssbb_lover you just said Super Mario is intense and brasch said that the nes mario is intense. I think you are both on the same page here.

So when someone posts "why does the Wii have no hardcore games" it should be obvious that one specific meaning is implied.

In that case posting "but what about COD and Redsteel" makes no sense.

Ronald said:
I actually believe you are both right. The topic was made "whats the definition of intense" and you are both saying that all games with blood or without can be intense. ssbb_lover you just said Super Mario is intense and brasch said that the nes mario is intense. I think you are both on the same page here.
I'm having a pain-in-the-ass-time here getting him/her to realize that...maybe he'll/she'll listen to you.
braschlosa said:
So when someone posts "why does the Wii have no hardcore games" it should be obvious that one specific meaning is implied.
That's because they're a dumb noob. They're not taking in what "hardcore" means. In their case, they're talking about one definition, sure. But that doesn't make it so that there's only one. :wtf:
braschlosa said:
In that case posting "but what about COD and Redsteel" makes no sense.
Yes, it does. Damnit, it depends on how you look at it. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

I hate the word hardcore, so many people say it and it pisses me off. imo anyone who says their hardcore, or thinks their hardcore at something is just a complete fag, and putting that stupid word in front of the words video game is just a complete abomination to mankind.

blankconnection said:
I hate the word hardcore, so many people say it and it pisses me off. imo anyone who says their hardcore, or thinks their hardcore at something is just a complete fag, and putting that stupid word in front of the words video game is just a complete abomination to mankind.

If anyone who thinks they are hardcore at something is a complete fag. I would hate to see a hardcore fag.

a hardcore game is usually harder to learn and more challenging than the usual game

ssbb_lover said:
That's because they're a dumb noob. They're not taking in what "hardcore" means. In their case, they're talking about one definition, sure. But that doesn't make it so that there's only one. :wtf:
So the person asking "Why are there no hardcore games on the Wii" is dumb because they used the word properly but it has more than one definition? I guess we are both dumb them because many of the words we've written in this thread have more than one definition.

Enlighten me. How should the question be asked if the word "hardcore" is off limits to you?

Personally, i love hardcore games, but when i think "hardcore" i think games that a lot of people take seriously that you compete in, not blood and guts. Although that can be considered hardcore by others i suppose.

wiizorer said:
allright this is my definition of a hardcore game: a game that is hardcore

A HARDCORE GAME ISN'T HARDCORE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

It has to meet two qualifications:

1. Online FPS
2. Rated "M"

Other than that, I've got no idea what I'm talking about.

Trulen said:
It has to meet two qualifications:

1. Online FPS
2. Rated "M"

Other than that, I've got no idea what I'm talking about.
Was Goldeneye on the 64 hardcore?
Was Super Mario Brothers one or three hardcore?
Were any of the Zelda games hardcore?

Back