Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Toxic over whirlwind all day everyday I'd say... Not sure what attack to throw in but this thingll get killed against a speedy taunt user like Aerodactyl, Infernape, Ttar, common leads like that that abuse their speed with Taunt.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword

Not very familiar with Terrakion... So I cant give a very good and honest opinion of what his moveset is or should be. I just see this thing getting stopped dead in its tracks by something like Dusknoir, Gengar, practically any ghost type doesnt have anything to fear from this beast. No idea really what his moveset is, but if he can learn something like Payback or more importantly, Pursuit in place of Sacred Sword, I think it will do much better in terms of both usability and type coverage.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Another poke im not too familiar with. I do know that this thing can take hits, so I see what you are using it for. But Toxic mehhhhhhh.... At a glance, I think this creature would benefit more from something like Calm Mind to boost that ridiculous defense and make Psychic and Ice Beam strong enough to pose a significant threat, then just Moonlight off the damage with Lefties as backup.

Gyarados (M) @ Cell Battery
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute

I see where you are going with this, but Moxie on Gyara I dont think is a good idea, not with this set. With this set, I would run Intimidate, thus cutting damage done to a substitute if you need one and more time for you to stat up and sweep. Still, you have that Cresselia that can stat up and so can your Latios. All in all your team isnt exactly fast, so why not throw them a curve ball with a less-than-typical gyarados? Have Intimidate, Give Waterfall, Avalanche/Ice Fang, Dragon Tail, and Thunder Wave. Dragon + Water provides perfect coverage, the Ice move is really just the sugar on top. Twave is unexpected on Gyarados most of the time, and being able to paralyze then force a switch with Dragon Tail is not only good, but its obnoxious, and it could help stop potential threats from sweeping out your team. Intimidate will cut attack and make Gyara be able to take more punishment, then maybe even throw on a Leichi berry for when he has crippled enough of the team and gets an attack boost, fire away with STAB Waterfall?

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

No problems with the moveset, but why a timid nature if you are making him a special attack slammer?

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unnerve(?)
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

I have problems with this Ttar... First, why have EV's in Special attack, if none of his moves are Special Attack moves? Crunch and pursuit are redundant for the most part, SR you can keep, same with Aqua Tail, but id say throw on either Stone Edge or Earthquake cuz if not the other Ttars are gonna laugh at you.... Maybe even a Focus Punch to deal with Blissey in case Terrakion goes down?

Just slapped this together. What should be done to it?

I dunno. First review ive done in a long time. Not much else to say till some changes are made, but my point is moot it depends what CK thinks.

I get the feeling that J meant Attack, and not Sp. Attack, with Tyranitar. Probably just a typo.

I'm the only one who's familiar with Gen 5 on Wiichat... blaaaaaah

Team rate for J's team coming soon.

Well, I do have a problem with one of Storms suggestions.

For Gyra, don't use Dragon Tail. I personally think it's a bad idea, thanks to the negative priority. Especially if you wanna abuse Dragon Dance.

And for Skarm, maybe you don't need Taunt since you already have Whirlwind to get rid of setup Pokemon. I would replace Taught with Toxic.

Edit: I take that back, Dragon Tail would likely work well on a defensive Gyarados. Depends what you're going for.

Last edited:
Completely forgot to rate J's team... Again. Christ alive. ;_;

NOT FORGETTING THIS TIME!

I have experience! Just not as much as CK....

Jokes on you, since I have no experience besides metagaming! xD

Nick's experience: 0 To next level up: 9,001

Sorry for the delay, bro. ;_;

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Sturdy is actually useful now yay. :D What are those 24 Spd EVs for outrunning? I'm very unfamiliar with Skarm, 'cause, y'know... It ain't hyper-offensive material. >_>;

You'll really want an offensive move, though. Not much is slower than a 24 Spd Skarmory that would hate a Taunt, so you'll want Brave Bird instead (drill peck is 60 Base Power weaker; you need that extra BP to do damage off of Skarm's piss-poor uninvested Atk).

Also, since quite a few physical threats in OU are fighting types, Skarm isn't in the best position in the OU metagame. Roost means it'l get mauled horribly by CCs, and unless an uninvested Brave Bird OHKOs, things like Terrakion and Bulk Up Conkeldurr are going to ruin it. I'm not saying Skarm is worthless, it really isn't, but this is without a doubt the least useful it's been for the four generations it's existed.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword

As has been said already, dual-STAB on Terrakion is not useful. Sacred Sword is hardly useful of a move anyway, since boosting one's defenses is almost unheard of; and what few threats might actually do it probably aren't hurt badly by Terrakion anyway... Problem is, what the **** else can be put in the moveslot? ._.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Now that fighting types are trolling EVERYWHERE, Cresselia knows how to take a STAB Swords Danced CC like no other. The only problem, is that weather is WAY more common in Gen 5, so Moonlight's already situational usage is even worse than last gen.

Since all this thing does is try to toxi-stall, I'd imagine you want this to stop fighting types and other non-boosted threats like scarfers. Problem is, most fighting types (if not all) can still muscle through Cresselia with a non-STAB move. It hits laughably weak too, so that Ice Beam isn't going to kill any Multi-scale Dragonite or Latios'. Psychic won't be OHKOing fighting types either, meaning Cresselia won't want to switch in to take those big hits. Cresselia is a wall meant for lower tiers; which is to say, you really want this off your team IMO. You've already got a Psychic type in Latios anyways, so you won't be forsaking a hard-stop to fighting types via resist.

Gyarados (M) @ Cell Battery
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Let me guess; you want Cell Battery to activate through your sub, right? I'm not entirely sure it works that way... And even if it does, your moveset needs changing. Moxie and Cell Battery are a bit unnecessary together on a DD set; yes, I said that power is amazing during Nick's review, but I was also accounting Cell Batteries' absorb effect I believed existed. Without intimidate, Subs are much more easy to break; just as Storm said. Lowering damage in any way also helps you make more subs. Speaking of making more subs, you don't have a bulky Gyara or lefties; Substitute needs to go. And if sub goes, so does the Cell Battery unfortunately.

You don't need to change your set much, though. Just swap Substitute for Ice Fang/Stone Edge (trust me, you want Ice Fang. With Latios knocked out, you aren't stopping any Dragons) and get a Life Orb. Then your offensive DD set is ready to go.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Life Orb > Expert Belt since you're using Dragon Pulse. I know from experience that even with a Soul Dew D-Pulsing everything gets pretty much no OHKOs, and throwing it out vanilla without a Modest nature (Timid is better for anything not scarf'd anyway) does laughable damage. Speaking of which, since Terrakion could easily mop the floor with a team late-game by muscling through with Banded Close Combat and that blistering speed, Draco Meteor would be much better for this set, regardless of the item. Latios may get Pursuit'd off early game and isn't physically bulky at all to begin with, so I'd say it's better to let it smash things early on rather than have a third late-game sweeper. But D-pulse or Draco Meteor, Latios is still a great Poke. Draco is just my personal recommendation; and I would go as far to say Draco is necessary if you keep your Expert Belt.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unnerve(?)
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

Fixed to Atk EVs. :p

Mixed attacker EVs, but without the special attacks... lolwut? This moveset ain't ideal to say the least. Low Atk investment and lefties means you ain't doing much damage to anything, and are just setting up rocks. Without Sandstream, Latios, Reuniclus, etc. lol heartily at your Pursuit attempts as well since they can just destroy you with their nasty SpA. Which brings me to two points; you need new EVs or a new moveset for this TTar, and you need to decide whether or not you'll use it at all.

As I mentioned Cresselia is poor for OU, there's no real reason to not use Sandstream as your ability. TTar needs it to take special attacks, and can't run a specially defensive set without it. If for some ungodly reason you keep Cresselia, you need to replace TTar. So yeah, that's an ultimatum you need to decide. Cresselia, or TTar? And if you keep TTar, make sure ya replace it's set with somethin' more specific and better.

Or you can tell me the reasoning you used to come up with the moveset and the EVs, since I don't quite see it. >_>; So if this isn't just random ****, do explain, 'cause I don't want to just brush off any ideas ya've got.

Just slapped this together. What should be done to it?

General team review will consist of the Pokes without Cresselia.

The typing of your team is relatively good, but you're lacking ANY Ice resists... That is a huge problem. You aren't going to see any hail teams to often, but Ice Beams are being thrown everywhere, and plenty of anti-dragon pokes will be throwing HP Ice and other various moves too. You probably won't need to be worried 'bout STAB and boosted Ice move, but you could really use an Ice resist to lessen incoming Ice moves aimed at Latios. A random Mamoswine would love to throw Banded shards/fangs at your team. So yeah, one Ice resist would be nice.

Your fighting weakness is covered even without Cresselia, but be warned; an enemy Terrakion you can't stop may just CC it's way through your team. Gyara lacks intimidate and Latios is not bulky at all, so that could very well happen, especially if they get 'Rocks up. You need a wall that can stop boosting fighting types, which is why I was a tad skeptical 'bout Skarmory. Another fighting resist/immunity which is a bulky Pokemon would be a great anchor to the team. A Ghost type would fit nicely, since Dark and Ghost attacks aren't horribly common as is, and you have them covered anywho. Not to mention your Ghost might be able to block the occasional rapid spin; and teams that do rapid spin tend to be weak to both of the hazards you want up, which could easily be the difference between a win and a lose. Of course, only defensive Ghosts can spin block since spinners will carry a hard-hitting move(s) so ghosts that sweep don't ruin their day, so it's up to you if you want more sweeping power or a bulkier team with your Ghost of choice.

As for synergy, I'm not seeing an incredible amount of it aside from type cores. But what synergy is there is very important. Your hazards let Latios, Gyara, and Terrakion finish up the opponent after one or two of them tore some nasty holes open in their defenses. You only have one stat-up sweeper, but are more than capable of pulling a sweep out of your hat since your offenses aren't lacking.

And while you aren't running a full offensive team, your entry hazards make up for it quite well, meaning you have deadly sweeping potential without sacrificing defensive bulk.

However, you do have a single somewhat prominent weakness: your team is not slow what with Gyara (after a DD), Latios, and Terrakion, but it lacks at least one Pokemon with dangerous speed. The Pokemon in the last slot needs to have a Scarf/very high speed to alleviate this deficit, or very bulky so that incredibly fast Pokemon aren't such a threat. I'd aim for the later in all honesty, since having 5 attackers and 1 odd defender is the middle ground between a balanced team and hyper offense team; and in this case, the middle ground is not good. A 4-2 ratio is the definitive of a balanced team, and I'd think this team would do quite well as being balanced.

But yeah, patch up this "weakness" with your last Pokemon without opening up any others, and you've got a great team I'd say.

my point is moot it depends what CK thinks.

That ain't true at all, Storm. D: It's obvious you aren't familiar with the 5th gen metagame, but you're still a dangerously good battler. Raw skill coming from a different standpoint; your gen 4 mindset; certainly brings good info to the table. Any review is helpful to a team's development, so long as there are other reviews to contrast and compare with. I better'd my own review by reading yours first, in fact.

Completely forgot to rate J's team... Again. Christ alive. ;_;

NOT FORGETTING THIS TIME!

Jokes on you, since I have no experience besides metagaming! xD

Nick's experience: 0 To next level up: 9,001

I know more about the lower tiers than you. >:l

Back