What's your pokemon team?

I think it'd be a bad idea to drop Salamence if you're going to drop Z and Empoleon, dragon types really help this team. Salamence has a ground immunity, fire resist, and fighting resist. Salamence also works wonders with Metagross, and so does Dragonite. They compliment each other's resists, weaknesses, and typing, so I highly recommend keeping Salamence and adding in Metagross instead of Empoleon. That right there makes your team much better, mainly due to the great synergy.

Also, I personally wouldn't recommend Honchkrow. He adds another Ice weakness, which is a bad idea with 'Mence on your team, and an electric weakness as well. He's nuetral to fighting too, sort of defeating the purpose of having a flying type on the team.

Honchkrow also adds a third rock weakness, which is pretty much a bad idea. Also, just to note, not counting Aerodactyl, you have two water weaknesses, meaning bulky waters can hamper you badly since they can ice beam your Salamence, and smack Infernape/Gliscor around with water moves. Rather than add in Honchkrow, you may want a powerful special wall with Ice/Water resists, or atleast something nuetral to them both and can hit back hard in return.

If you don't want a special wall, you could simply put in a sweeper/support poke that has a water resist, and is nuetral to ice. I wouldn't support Weavile either, seeing as he's fragile and adds on another rock weakness, just like Honchkrow. He's a good poke, but I wouldn't say so for the team.

Well, taking a quick look at some OUs, Blissey instantly comes to mind... but that's shallow and simple. You can definatly use her if you want, she goes great with Gliscor and in general is good for the team, but there are more original things out there.

While not necesarrily a Special Wall, a support Umbreon could be useful. It can definatly take most special attacks (bar Focus Blast/Aura Sphere), and support at the same time. Didn't you want an Umbreon on one of your other teams? Umbreon isn't all that good, though.

I'm not too good with walls... I never use them. >.>;

Yes, yes I did want an Umbreon. But that would reinstate the fighting weakness right? What about Espeon? It has pretty good Special Defense, great Sp Atk, and fighting resist.

Espeon has crap HP though, and it's defenses are just as terrible. Espeon as a wall is just.. a bad idea. It also doesn't have the movepool to function as support OR a wall, besides baton passing and wishing.

... Oh, and Umbreon would be the only poke on your team weak to Fighting, so that's perfectly fine. It's the only poke weak to Bug on your team as well.

Ok, so as far as this goes, right now my team is as follows:

Aerodactyl
Gliscor
Metagross
Umbreon
Dragonite
Magnezone

I put Magne in bc i thought it could use another steel type, as well as something to counter water. Ill post sets in a sec, but first CK, how does this team look just as it is? Defence and resistance wise?

With Magnezone, you're adding a fire weakness and losing a resist, as well as adding a fighting weakness. Your ground weakness is still there, but now with a 4x, which is no good. With Infernape gone, your team has no speed either, switching 'Ape out for Magnezone is a pretty bad idea IMO. Countering water types is important, but Magnezone doesn't really counter them - he's too slow, and bulky waters can CM up against him if they've maxed, or close to it, their sp. def.

I'm making a team for Double Battles only.
this is what i got so far.

Tyranitar
-Crunch
-EQ
-Thunderbolt/Fang
-Ice Beam/Fang

↑teams with↓

Torterra
-Giga Drain
-Wood Hammer
-Crunch
-?????

Empoleon
-Surf
-Roost
-Drill Peck
-????

↑teams with↓

Spiritomb
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-????
-????

Charizard
-Heat Wave/Fire Fang
-Arieal Ace/Air Slash?
-Dragon Claw/Pulse?
-????

↑teams with↓

Salamence
-Blizzard
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse
-????

help with movesets please

After I finish with Storm, I'll get right on your's, Shadow. But here's a very important piece of advice - make more team synergy. Pairing pokemon to work perfectly with one other, but average or bad with the rest of your team isn't very smart. The odds of the two paired pokemon being out at the same time are bad, and once any of your poke's faints, your synergy takes a huge blow since the pokemon it was paired with no longer supports the team well.

Ok, so with Ape in instead of Magnezone, hows it look?

Without Magnezone, your ground weakness is bearable now, but you still have trouble with Bulky waters. Still, it's better to have a speedy sweeper than a small chance at hurting bulky waters. Bulky waters aren't all that common in OU anyways, bar Suicune.

Speaking of speed... since D-nite is your only set up sweeper, why not make Metagross an Agiligross? It helps you sweep late game better, and in general just gives you a speed boost for your team. It's not a very expected strategy either, giving a suprise factor.

Oooh, that sounds enticing CK. Whats the set for an Agiligross? Obviously agility, but does he keep Explosion?

well each one can pair with another pretty well. the 'listed' teans are just what i'd hope for. but an exampke is my T-tar. he could pair with Salamence or Charizard well(besides the Sandstrom of course)

well each one can pair with another pretty well. the 'listed' teans are just what i'd hope for. but an exampke is my T-tar. he could pair with Salamence or Charizard well(besides the Sandstrom of course)

Well, would you mind explaining a bit about your team's synergy, besides the two poke pairings, while I help Storm? Gives me a better idea of what you're working to achieve, and how I can improve/fix the synergy.

Oooh, that sounds enticing CK. Whats the set for an Agiligross? Obviously agility, but does he keep Explosion?

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
ThunderPunch / Ice Punch / Explosion

Adamant ofcourse, with a Life Orb is generally perferred, taken right from Smogon. I would personally advise Thunderpunch to you can atleast hit bulky waters, Gliscor with Ice Fang can tackle physical dragons better than Ice Punch Metagross can too. Metagross gets smashed by EQ, after all.

Ice Punch is still viable though, since after an agility, to can hit any dragons that switch in, unless they're scarfed/already dragon danced. So is explosion, since Agility allows Metagross to almost always set it off when he wants to, and gives the set a lot of kick. However, I don't advise killing off your only speedy poke, besides Infernape.

Do I need the Meteor Mash on the set? Usually I stay away from it, cuz my luck with Meteor Mash makes me miss 50% of the time. Id only suggest Explosion when his health drops, and after Agility, it would get priority right?

Back