What's your pokemon team?

I'd like to add a little to this wuddle and foxy....

I only like aqua tail IF you go
Aqua Tail -or- Waterfall / Fire Punch / Dragon Claw -or- Outrage....

It covers similar to having EQ and other approaches.....
If you take waterfall you CAN have a bit of a flinch move too...

I actually like your set Strype. Ill go with the Waterfall, Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance

This is a team I'm considering. It's not made yet, but it's a draft of what I'm considering:

Infernape - Lead
Naive - Focus Sash
64 Attack / 196 Speed / 200 Special Attack

-Fake Out
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat

LeadApe. Fake Out diminishes Focus Sashers, allowing the KO with Close Combat or Fire Blast. The team seems as if Stealth Rock in general will help out extremely - which is the point of the set. Set up Stealth Rocks, and proceed to go down in glory. If he doesn't get KO'd off the bat, excessive Fake Outs and a Will-O-Wisp immunity surely helps out a lot.

Dragonite - Sweeper
Rash - Life Orb
112 Attack / 196 Speed / 200 Special Attack

-Draco Metoer
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Roost

Mix Dragonite. Only issue is that it's quite slow in general, so it's going to need a lot of help from the rest of the team. Shaymin can support with Aromatherapy in the event that it gets paralyzed, burned, etc. But ultimately it's paired with Jirachi to optimize maximum efficiency being able to retreat to it in the event that I absolutely need to.

Jirachi - Support
Careful - Light Clay
252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Sp. Defense

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-U-Turn
-Wish

Dual Screen offers much support that Dragonite will need, as it's meant to be the key to the entire team. With Dragonites bulk, Dual Screening will help it even farther, as well as Wish support.

Shaymin - Support
Bold - Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Speed

-Grass Knot
-HP [Fire]
-Armoatherapy
-Leech Seed

My cleric in a sense. HP Fire just so that I won't get walled in my random grass types like Roserade instead of Rest. Doesn't mind the Dual Screen support from Jirachi at all, and Leech Seed gives it to healing it needs, which it can get from Wish Passing with Jirachi.
Normally had Meganium in this spot, but I realized that Shaymin can do what Meganium does, but with better stats. So why not?

Tentacruel - Tank/Spinner
Careful - Shuca Berry
[Don't remember what it is, but somewhere along the lines of 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp. Defense ]
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-HP [Electric]
-Surf

Absorbs the Toxic Spikes just in case. It's overall my answer to fire types. Although Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam would be nice, I lack any other defense to Dragon types other than Weavile, and it would be advantageous to run three attacks over two (I don't count Rapid Spin). HP Electric deals with Gyarados who think they can just Dragon Dance in front of me, being promptly met with it. Rapid Spin since it's meant to be spinning Rocks away, which would otherwise hinder Dragonite/Weavile/Infernape (Assuming Infernape doesn't get KO'd early game). Shuca Berry has been such a nice item in the past, and because I'm using it, Leech Seed/Wish should help a lot.

Weavile - Sweeper
Jolly - Life Orb
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 40HP

-Ice Shard
-Taunt
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Revenge Killer/Sweeper. I lack any essential Speed, as most of my team is bulky and hard hitting. Deals with Dragon types, etc. I absolutely love using Taunt on Weavile. It stops a lot of Pokemon easily.

Overall summary:

Team focuses on bulk and a lot on a Dragonite sweep. Since I lack any Toxic / Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave, Leech Seed somewhat fills in that missing gap in a way. The use of Dual Screen is to ensure my team lasts, more particular Dragonite.

Few issues I have is leading Infernape. I can't really tell until I try it of course, but I'm skeptical on it's uses. I'm truly just considering using Tentacruel as my lead since it's worked just about every other time. and replacing LeadApe with a more Physical or Mixed set. That or dropping it for a Double Status Gallade since my team needs some status infliction of it's own.

Anyways go ahead and comment. Keep in mind I haven't used this team yet, it's all in theory. But it seems like it could work.
Also, please don't recommend something idiotic like Hyper Beam on Dragonite or whatever ._.

Last edited:
I have pokerus and i dont really see the difference in EXP/LV. up with more stats. Theyre basically the same. Help anyone?

@Wuddle: I LOVE how you're still keeping some of your old team (Tentacruel/Weavile)
The Infernape is pretty unique. Fake Out is the last thing I'm expecting. SR the second last but I gotta wonder how you'll function after your pseudo-suicide lead is gone voiding your team of fire (looks @ Dnite)
Nevermind
On Dnite's speed issue a agility pass or tailwinding Suicune could help.

@Killa- PKRS multiplies how many EVs your poke gets after killing a wild/trainers' poke.

Last edited:
@Wuddle: I LOVE how you're still keeping some of your old team (Tentacruel/Weavile)
The Infernape is pretty unique. Fake Out is the last thing I'm expecting. SR the second last but I gotta wonder how you'll function after your pseudo-suicide lead is gone voiding your team of fire (looks @ Dnite)
Nevermind
On Dnite's speed issue a agility pass or tailwinding Suicune could help.

@Killa- PKRS multiplies how many EVs your poke gets after killing a wild/trainers' poke.

What are EV's?

To be honest, I wouldn't call that Infernape unique... It's a pretty common build for a lead 'Ape, I've considered using it at multiple points in time. I havn't yet, though. None the less, Fake Out Lead 'Ape is amusing.

No comments on your team just yet, Wuddle. Soon, but not yet. [/lazy]

What are EV's?

facepalmEVs are values that raise Pokemon's stats. 510, 252; certain Pokemon give certain EVs, kill em to get em....

CK/Wuddle/Fox, take it from there please ;_;

Heres my team:

Umbreon @ Leftovers (Supporter)
Careful Nature
Synchronize

Wish
Payback
Taunt
Toxic

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs (Special Sweeper)
Timid Nature
Download

Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Blissey @ Leftovers (Special Wall)
Calm Nature
Natural Cure

Aromatherapy
Ice beam
Toxic
Softboiled

Metagross @ Occa Berry (Lead/Stealth Rocker/Physical Sweeper)
Adament Nature
Clear Body

Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Earthquake

Starmie @ Choice Specs (Special Sweeper)
Modest Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

Heracross @ Choice Band (Physical Sweeper)
Adament Nature
Guts

Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Night Slash

Asside from the odd starter Metagross this team works well.

Heres my team:

Umbreon @ Leftovers (Supporter)
Careful Nature
Synchronize

Wish
Payback
Taunt
Toxic

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs (Special Sweeper)
Timid Nature
Download

Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Blissey @ Leftovers (Special Wall)
Calm Nature
Natural Cure

Aromatherapy
Ice beam
Toxic
Softboiled

Metagross @ Occa Berry (Lead/Stealth Rocker/Physical Sweeper)
Adament Nature
Clear Body

Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Earthquake

Starmie @ Choice Specs (Special Sweeper)
Modest Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

Heracross @ Choice Band (Physical Sweeper)
Adament Nature
Guts

Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Night Slash

A fighting type would tear the first three apart. I would say a Salamence would rip it, but youve got a ot of Ice coverage, still, you dont have much Dragon resistance. Metagross is your best bet against a Salamence, but hes your lead, so he'll prolly be gone early game.

I was thinking about that. Infernape would have a ball.

I was right? [jumpsinair/] Yes! Ok, but I dont know what he should sub out. Maybe Porygon Z since he already has a couple special sweepers? Swtich it out for a physical wall/support?

Im trying too get a few more teams. So, Im considering movesets for my Pokemon. Does this seem like a good one for my Jumpluff?

Item: Focus Sash
Moves:
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Synthesis
Aerial Ace/Toxic

So, I would put them to sleep with Sleep Powder. If I misses the first time, I wouldent be in trouble cause of Focus Sash. Then I Leech Seed them. Then I use Synthesis if Jumpluff is hurt, to get her back to full health so Focus Sash will kick in. If I meet any other Grass-types wishing to spoil my plan, I put them to sleep and attack them with Aerial Ace. I know its attack isnt too good...but...its better than nothing. Toxic would maybe be a better choice, but then its screwed against those Grass/Poison types.

Err....still thinking about the others.

Back