When do you think you'll be able to buy the NYKO Wii remote bar

The Wii bar doesn't actually talk to the Wii, it just get's power from it and is used to locate the bottom of the screen. While the cord is long enough for you, I would like to locate my Wii in my AV Closet which is not that close. Having a cordless solution for the bar would allow me to not deal with the extra wire. The Wii itself connects to my video processor which is located in the closet and when I go to play the Wii I move the bar to the front of the tv and I have to drape the cable on the floor since it's too short for now.

lol... do you KNOW how many signals are in the air? if wireless signals cause cancer we'd all be dead. Think radio waves, internet connections, satellites, cell phones.

I would like the portability

I would buy the extra sensor bar because I could keep that one in my case for portability without having to reroute the wire everytime I want to take it with me.

CoreyNJ said:
The Wii bar doesn't actually talk to the Wii, it just get's power from it and is used to locate the bottom of the screen. While the cord is long enough for you, I would like to locate my Wii in my AV Closet which is not that close. Having a cordless solution for the bar would allow me to not deal with the extra wire. The Wii itself connects to my video processor which is located in the closet and when I go to play the Wii I move the bar to the front of the tv and I have to drape the cable on the floor since it's too short for now.
Put your Wii next to the TV like everyone else. :yesnod:

The AV box thing. Well, I learned a long time ago. Keep it simple. I used to have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, a modded PS1, N64, and my computer running through my TV with the surround sound setup from the computer routed all throughout the room. It was cool until I had to plug in something else, or unplug something to take it to a friend's house. Oh and be careful, a friend of mine had his Wii near his TV not on it, and somebody got caught on a cord, and broke his Wii. PUT IT BY THE TV.:nono:

El Jefe said:
Put your Wii next to the TV like everyone else. :yesnod:

The AV box thing. Well, I learned a long time ago. Keep it simple. I used to have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, a modded PS1, N64, and my computer running through my TV with the surround sound setup from the computer routed all throughout the room. It was cool until I had to plug in something else, or unplug something to take it to a friend's house. Oh and be careful, a friend of mine had his Wii near his TV not on it, and somebody got caught on a cord, and broke his Wii. PUT IT BY THE TV.:nono:

Some people have front projection setups that have long cable pathways that wouldn't allow for A wii or any other hardware to be placed close to the screen. Projectors are getting cheaper and cheaper, and soon you'll be able to buy a front projection setup for less than the cost of a 50" plasma(you can do this now if you're creative).

To answer the OPs question, Nyko hasn't given a date for the sensor bar, but it will probably be within a few months.

man_of_cube said:
Some people have front projection setups that have long cable pathways that wouldn't allow for A wii or any other hardware to be placed close to the screen. Projectors are getting cheaper and cheaper, and soon you'll be able to buy a front projection setup for less than the cost of a 50" plasma(you can do this now if you're creative).

To answer the OPs question, Nyko hasn't given a date for the sensor bar, but it will probably be within a few months.

So Nyko's actually working on this idea? Wow. What a world. And projectors are cool and all, but as I said in another post, the Wii is built for 21"-52" TVs any bigger or smaller, and any further or closer away from the screen and it's not going to work as it was intended. I can't even lay on my bed and play a game cause it's too far from the sensor bar.

Sure it was only designed for 21"-52", but it wouldn't be very difficult to work around the out of box limitations. The Wii is great, but the one-size-fits-all sensor bar clearly doesn't fit all sizes, and this is where the third parties take the extra slack.

Hey, i just thought of something, if all the sensor bar needs the Wii for is power, then why don't you just make a battery pack for it?
Just make a battery pack to plug the sensor bar into.
Then VOILA!
Portable sensor bar.
Did that make sence? I'd do it myself but i don't really care about the wires.

Back