WHITE PS3 How cheap can a PS3 get! (But still a rip off...just look)

f1982

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2007
Although it seems amazing that the PS3 is now available for £299 with features removed that most people wont actually notice have gone, just look at what the same machine is available for in Japan...

white_playstation_1.jpg

The new white version of the console is available for the knock down sum of 39,980 yen, which converts to about £170. Yep, and we thought our £299 PS3 was "affordable." How can they do this? Firstly, are they so desperate to sell them they'll let them go for the price of a wii, and secondly, why do the japs get such a HUGE price reduction, when we dont.

Yet another time the UK inparticular gets screwed compared to the rest of the world.

Heres a link....
http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=101&id=543

oh this is just racist...no brown consoles

feel sorry for the asians :yikes:

sorry if that sounded racist..didnt meant to be

but it wont really, because in Japan there wii is like £105

its all to do with what people pay for there taxes and wht there average income is.

Uk wii = £179.99
Usa wii = £125
Japan Wii = £105

Uk Ps3 = £300-£425
Usa Ps3 = originall it was £300 when ours was £425
Japan Ps3 = dont know originally but now £170

also:

UK prices include VAT

US prices do not include sales tax

UK / EU have to pay import duty as well

I bet Sony doesn't get more profit per unit, but your governments will.

daviduk200 said:
but it wont really, because in Japan there wii is like £105

its all to do with what people pay for there taxes and wht there average income is.

Uk wii = £179.99
Usa wii = £125
Japan Wii = £105

Uk Ps3 = £300-£425
Usa Ps3 = originall it was £300 when ours was £425
Japan Ps3 = dont know originally but now £170

Exactly! Now maybe there would be a little extra tax to pay for somethings, but the Japanese pay almost half what we pay. That means they are basically skrewing us for what they think they can get away with, which is what annoys me. We should all start only buying imported Japanese stock for everything and see how they like it!

umm....... can anyone translate that into us dollars please??

my older bro is wanting a ps3 for christmas....... and ill admit it, i do too even though i have a Wii already. i jus want to play "Heavenly Sword" "Call of Duty 4" and also borrow some games from my cousin cause he has a ps3 already

Hmm.. makes it look a little more attractive I guess.

And big price drop.. woah.

Still wouldn't buy it though.

I'll wait a little longer before I grab my hands on one.

I can actually sense another price drop soon -.-.

one thing i dont understand is, PS3 is non regional, so why dont we just buy it from the cheapest place lol

Wait, wait, wait, wait... Does this mean they just made a 5th version of the console?

PS3 20,40,60,80gb and now the white PS3! Holy Sh!t. Serious?

sagema said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait... Does this mean they just made a 5th version of the console?

PS3 20,40,60,80gb and now the white PS3! Holy Sh!t. Serious?

the ps3 is like a PC. There is one version with different setups. That is all.

OP: The reason for the PRICE drops is because the technology is becoming more common. Like any new piece of tech, it starts off pricey but as it floods the market, as the companies optimize their orders, and the system gains popularity, the PS3 is able to be cheaper.

Sony is actually putting more and more resources into their gaming division, which is noticeable. Add to the fact that many of their projects are finishing up development, they are preparing for a hot 2008.

This should all be common sense.

daviduk200 said:
one thing i dont understand is, PS3 is non regional, so why dont we just buy it from the cheapest place lol

WOW WOW WOW...HOLD ON A SECOND!

Can someone confirm this?
Are PS3s really region free? Surely not.
If they are, wont the language of the Jap models be in Japanese of could this be changed?

Back