Who is going to buy SSBB and why?

Yes I'm definitely getting it, as will most people on this forum be doing so as well.

I am buying it for three reasons:

First and foremost, it's an excellent game, a prime GOTY candidate and an instant classic. Its characters ooze history and charisma and this is an essential title if you have a Wii.

Secondly, I believe companies should be rewarded for putting out polished, high-quality titles like SSBB. Nintendo is notorious for this. They are, without a doubt, the best gaming house the world has ever seen up until now. Think of a Nintendo-made game that deserved to be in the 'two-for-one' or 'bargain-bin'. Can't think of too many, can you?

Thirdly, the multiplayer and online capability gives Brawl almost infinite replay value and nearly endless possibilities. Tournaments with substantial prizes are already happening but more importantly, it's games like Brawl that bring friends and family together to share in the enjoyment, which to me is important in the gaming arena.

And yes, I've played the Japanese game extensively, so it's not just hype or fanboyism that's making me say this.

Brawl truly is an intricately chiseled piece of software magic. If it were a sculpture, the eyes of Michelangelo's 'David' would glow green with envy, and in fact, that same shade of green probably adorns the eyes of the developers and executives over at Sony and Microsoft. :)

Last edited:
stok3d said:
Brawl truly is an intricately chiseled piece of software magic. If it were a sculpture, the eyes of Michelangelo's 'David' would glow green with envy, and in fact, that same shade of green probably adorns the eyes of the developers and executives over at Sony and Microsoft. :)

So very true.

who ISN'T getting brawl, and why the hell NOT?

pointless thread.

Dan Skater isn't getting brawl, he made a thread about why he isn't.

Something about using the money to buy himself a laptop adapter or something like that.

I have never played a smash bros. game before. I just feel that as I don't have anyone to play with me here as the people I play Wii sports with won't be at all willing to play SSBB; I will be stuck with the single player game and the online. I also feel that I will feel as with mario strikers charged online I sucked so bad due to having no experience with Strikers that It was not fun at all; I was so glad it was a rental and not $50 that turns into $24 @ gamestop trade in. " I am going to kick ass online and I am so good at Melee that I am going to beat everyone!" is all I hear so Gee I can already see how much fun its going to be losing every match. I know its easy for people to say on the boards " You will like it. It's the best! Give it a try!" Well I will give it a try by renting it and then if I love it I will buy it. If not then I lose nothing. I think that is the beauty of rentals piece of mind of your purchases. When this happens maybe we will all Play online together?!! Or Not.

Last edited:
Come on really whose not going to get this game it's the greatest.Even people without wii's are getting it that's how you know it's great.They know of it's greatness and must have even if they can't play it.

Back