Who thinks it would be a good idea...?

Marc

SuperWii
Mar 8, 2007
York
Wii Online Code
4103-3191-5795-3127
...if Nintendo introduced a similar points system like the XBox 360's Gamerscore where you get points for progressing in games.

I like the idea personally, just a shame its already on the 360!!!

Although, I never knew what gamerscore was till this thread. I have talked about Nintendo having some sort of points system like that. Why can't they give us some points for buying Nintendo games.

We get the points when we buy games, but so far they've being pretty useless havn't they!

Yeah, woo! :lol:

I agree, I think it would be pretty sweet. Essentially when I play 360 games my main goals are to get the achievements and build up my gamerscore. I just don't think that it would be feasible, sure they could probably do it, but it would take too much time, too much money, and Nintendo has a full plate as it is so, yea.

No please no..turned many of my friends into complete geeks.
Hell my school on Fridays turned into post your gamerscore day.

Posting in an awful thread.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

I think its a good idea. I think the wii should be a bit more like the 360, with better online like the xbox. You can pick your who's team you are on. Stuff like that. The wii is meant to be a next-gen console, but compared to the xbox 360 and ps3 it seems not as impressive. Yes, i agree its fun but the online functions need to be a lot better to catch up with the 360 and ps3. Most games should also be equiped with online like other games consoles.

I think the best idea would be to use this gamerscore system to supply you with Wii points. It could take a while to earn a substantial number of points, but maybe earn a point for every hour of online play, and earn 5 points for every 50 points spent in the shop channel.

A system like this would encourage online play and more interest in their system. While Nintendo would lose some money from giving free points, 1) They may sell more systems because of this extra incentive or 2) They could increase the price of the VC or WiiWare games by a fraction of an amount to cover it.

eH9116 said:
I think the best idea would be to use this gamerscore system to supply you with Wii points. It could take a while to earn a substantial number of points, but maybe earn a point for every hour of online play, and earn 5 points for every 50 points spent in the shop channel.

A system like this would encourage online play and more interest in their system. While Nintendo would lose some money from giving free points, 1) They may sell more systems because of this extra incentive or 2) They could increase the price of the VC or WiiWare games by a fraction of an amount to cover it.

That sounds like a damn good idea to me. I would like being able to earn wii points versus having to purchase them, and I agree it would spark more interest into the wii and wii online. I can only hope.

I'd love to see this, I haven't got a 360 but I've been considering it for a while and this is one of the factors that makes me want one.

You're actually getting something for doing things and getting far on games.. it's a great idea.

i think it would be pretty sweet. although all my friends have xbox's and they say it becomes addictive that it turns into a chore to get points. even if they dont enjoy the game they try to get the points

Back