Who thinks it would be a good idea...?

lol @ the people who just said that I was posting spam, its quite ironic because it just made your posts spam :)
Also I really don't see the point in achievement points, if i'm going to finish a game, it doesn't motivate me anymore if a little popup comes and says i've done well, and the extra stuff (like kill 10,000 zombies) just adds cheapness in my opinion , anyone who really cares about their gamerscore needs to get a life.

Last edited:
Flagel said:
lol @ the people who just said that I was posting spam, its quite ironic because it just made your posts spam :)
Also I really don't see the point in achievement points, if i'm going to finish a game, it doesn't motivate me anymore if a little popup comes and says i've done well, and the extra stuff (like kill 10,000 zombies) just adds cheapness in my opinion , anyone who really cares about their gamerscore needs to get a life.

I disagree, it does motivate you, most everyone I know that owns a 360 likes the gamerscore feature and it gives them incentives to play even after they beat the game, to get side mission type things done. I don't think that it cheapens the games or wii in any way whatsoever. Its not caring about their gamerscore its just kind of a way to gauge yourself against others and how they're doing. As long as they gave you wii points for getting the achievements then I would like it, otherwise I don't think its entirely necessary.

blueovalboy7 said:
I disagree, it does motivate you, most everyone I know that owns a 360 likes the gamerscore feature and it gives them incentives to play even after they beat the game, to get side mission type things done. I don't think that it cheapens the games or wii in any way whatsoever. Its not caring about their gamerscore its just kind of a way to gauge yourself against others and how they're doing. As long as they gave you wii points for getting the achievements then I would like it, otherwise I don't think its entirely necessary.

Ok I can see what you are saying, and I understand your opinion. But I see it this way, games are meant to be fun, if you didn't want to do the side bit, then it was probably because it wasn't fun, but if there are achievement points there it doesn't make the task any less/more fun, it just means that there is more of a reward at the end. So I see it as a bit unnecessary. Also it is kind of hard to gauge yourself against other peoples gamerscores, because there are always those hardcore losers who rent games just to beat them and unlock achievement points.

However if they gave out wii points for doing stuff to buy things on the VC then that is very different and it would definitely motivate me to do the extra things.

There are two huge things that Nintendo needs to implement (quickly) if they want to continue selling wii's so well:
1. Gamerscore
2. Achievements

I'm not saying to completely copy M$, they just need something similar. Why? Because it makes people buy games. In this day and age, people have multiple consoles. In fact, many have all three. So, if there is a must-have title coming out that is on all three consoles, which will the average gamer buy it for? Xbox 360 of course! When you beat a WiiGame do you get a gratifying message that says you just earned points that are completely useless? (lol, had to say it) Regardless of how useless the points are, they are addicting.
People want to have goals. Its not just good enough to play a game to beat it anymore. Oh no. People used to play A GAME to rack up points on THAT PARTICULAR GAME. However, M$ ingeniously implemented that into the hardware whereas you can now rack up points from MULTIPLE games, rather than just that one.

...I suppose they need to master the art of online gaming before Ninty starts working on this...

Flagel said:
Ok I can see what you are saying, and I understand your opinion. But I see it this way, games are meant to be fun, if you didn't want to do the side bit, then it was probably because it wasn't fun, but if there are achievement points there it doesn't make the task any less/more fun, it just means that there is more of a reward at the end. So I see it as a bit unnecessary. Also it is kind of hard to gauge yourself against other peoples gamerscores, because there are always those hardcore losers who rent games just to beat them and unlock achievement points.

However if they gave out wii points for doing stuff to buy things on the VC then that is very different and it would definitely motivate me to do the extra things.

Yea, but on many occasions I didn't know there were "side missions" until I checked the achievement list on the game then went and did it and enjoyed it. Sure its not necessary, but I think that it would make the wii even more popular with the entire gaming community. Although popularity isn't something the wii is lacking.

I see your point with the comparison thing, sure you're going to get the hardcore gamers to have gamefly and get all the points for a game, send it back and do it again with the next game, but I'm thinking more about comparing yourself with your friends on live.

If they only would equate achievements to wii points, I would be one happy wii owner.

LevesqueIsKing said:
There are two huge things that Nintendo needs to implement (quickly) if they want to continue selling wii's so well:
1. Gamerscore
2. Achievements

I'm not saying to completely copy M$, they just need something similar. Why? Because it makes people buy games. In this day and age, people have multiple consoles. In fact, many have all three. So, if there is a must-have title coming out that is on all three consoles, which will the average gamer buy it for? Xbox 360 of course! When you beat a WiiGame do you get a gratifying message that says you just earned points that are completely useless? (lol, had to say it) Regardless of how useless the points are, they are addicting.
People want to have goals. Its not just good enough to play a game to beat it anymore. Oh no. People used to play A GAME to rack up points on THAT PARTICULAR GAME. However, M$ ingeniously implemented that into the hardware whereas you can now rack up points from MULTIPLE games, rather than just that one.

...I suppose they need to master the art of online gaming before Ninty starts working on this...

Nintendo won't do anything like that, and they will continue to see Wiis the same way it's selling now. Their strategy is different from M$ so they will never do anything remotely close to them. Since the launch of the 360 M$ has not made a profit yet (i have see the figures). And they had said that if they don't make any profit this generation, they won't be around for a next gen, so it seems like their business strategy is failing, their solution to all problem is to throw money at it and hope it solves the problem. If I were Nintendo, I would not change my strategy just for a few people, because eventually those people will stop buying games anyway.

^Alright, I have a couple different responses, because you brought up a number of issues:

(Numbers are Mine)
1. I agree that Nintendo wont change their marketing plan, however, I still think that adding those two things would help their market.
2. Really? No profit? I knew they werent making profits off of the console, but they've sold hundreds of millions of games...This surprises me.
3. You can expect M$ around for next generation, trust me.
4. I didnt mean to change Nintendo's whole strategy. I would like them to implement these two things why'll still advertising to everyone. However, the hardcore fanbase seems to be fairly dissapointed with Nintendo, and after seeing them implement these two things, I am sure some people that had viewed Wii as 'kiddy' and bought a 360 or PS3 would come around full circle. They dont have to stop selling towards 'everyone' though...

that is an awesome idea it would encourage users to actually complete games and be more satisfied, though i make myself complete all my games anyway i would enjoy spending the points

rep

Wii Points for achievements would be a brilliants idea, I do think it would give people something more to aim for and make them play the game more to improve on scores. Surely something Nintendo wants!

i love xbox360's achievment system especially online and would love for wii to have it and gamertags to show all the games youv played and how ar you have got

Back