why do people say ppl are born gay????

Brand Nubian

WiiChat Member
Jan 24, 2007
Houston,TX
i want to start a flame free topic im curious to know why ppl believe this i thought when babies worn born they were influenced by there surroundings

they way i see it is this. when you started having "feelings" about other people, did you choose to like the opposite gender? (no im not gay and i am a christian)

I don't remember choosing to be straight, just came to me. I guess that's the same way it happens with the gays, you kind of don't realise when it's happening.

I remember girls being interesting to me way before I started puberty.

Last edited:
yea for me i just started liking girls. i dont think i even knew what a gay person was at the time

I myself am not gay neither do I hate people who are gay.......
hmmmm...I dont know
a lot of gay people also say that God made them that way...
Its just something they can say so they dont have to feel bad about their surroundings......I dont know maybe......why dont you ask a gay person youself.

I think most *ahem* homosexuals simply say that God made them that way out of spite for Christians.

people say that homosexuality comes from your DNA. that its heritary and that if someone in your family is indeed gay, then you have potential to be "next in line" if you will.

i personally dont believe in that theory at all however ill give you 2 instances. my friends dianna and ariana. ariana was adopted and her parents split up when she was going through puberty. her mother became a lesbian and her father was dating various women. because of this she had bisexual tendencies but still dated men. she is still flip flopping between her 2 sexual identities.

now dianna on the other hand her parents are both married. her moms sister or diannas aunt is a lesbian and has a "life partner" or "special friend' as her mom likes to call it. dianna feels that she doesnt want to upset her parents in comming out because she fell inlove with her best friend tamara (the only girl she ever loved) and has never had a solid boyfriend and shes 23 years old.

those are "questionable heritary" possibilities.

i however agree with mitch that you have feelings for whoever you fall inlove with. weither its men or women its whatever people find beauty in. i obviously prefer men and i have no homosexuality in my family (atleast not that im aware of and if there was there is nothing to be ashamed of)

A person is born homosexual. I did the research for my Sociology class. Scientists viewed 2 fruit flies attempting to mate. The only odd part was that the 2 fruit flys were females.

Also in a seperate study, human brain waves were studied as participants were smelling female urine (estrogen based) and male semen (testosterone based). Brain waves showed that some males showed an active sexual region when the semen was smelled, and vica versa for females.

Some say birth order has some influence on it. If you are the youngest of many male siblings then by time you are born , the mother has much lower levels of testosterone in the womb. The later you are, the lest testosterone you get, the lest testosterone a male has, the more likely they are to be gay. There is no correlation seen with women and birth order however.

Some say it's surroundings. "The exotic becomes erotic" they say say. If a young boy were to be constantly surrounded by woman at a very young age, and continue that trend through puberty and adolescence, then they will more than likely see their female friends as friends, and not lovers. This would confuse the young mind to thinking that a male should be his romantic partner. A good example of this in a different context, though not exactly the same, is how some American men are more attracted to Asian, Black, or Latina women. Women of another race are exotic, they are something exciting. Thus we are attracted to them.

And some people say it's just a flat out chemical imbalance in the brain.

Why does it have to be either nature or nurture exclusively? Maybe it's a combination of genes and upbringing, i.e. some people are genetically more likely to be homosexual/bisexual, but it can be influenced during childhood.

I don't really see why it matters. Do we really need to figure this our? It's not by any means something that needs to be cured, or cause any people any harm so let it be.

Back