why does everyone try to act black and use the word *****???

i have a theory about this

why do black people mind if a white person calls them a ***** and there not trying to be offensive but to say wats up bro or something

but they don't mind if another black person says it ??

con77 said:
i have a theory about this

why do black people mind if a white person calls them a ***** and there not trying to be offensive but to say wats up bro or something

but they don't mind if another black person says it ??
Because if a white person says it, it's like an offense because it ties in with our not so ancient history of racism; but, if a black person says it it's like a compliment.

Honestly, I don't know why this is a huge deal. I think the reasons above are correct though.

aiight son! dis popo works up in da NYC kiiiid.

shiiit i be dealin wit da crackas and niggas every day yo! that shiiiit is mad ignant!

seriously, its the way it is. blame it on oppression.....

ETA- there is a difference between "niggah" and "n*gger"

i have plenty of black friends that i respect dearly and call them "niggah" and they think im a "honky white b*tch" and we all laugh till we cry. know your audiance before screaming "YO WHAT UP MUH NIGGAH!"

learn to be politically correct (or stop watching eminem rap videos)

Oh wow...I'm just not gonna even say anything on this. I am black and have strong feelings on this but its the Internet therefore I might take it too seriously.

all i know is i hate when white people act black. its just annoying because they usually dont do a good job lol. now the whole N word thing i think is stupid all around. its a racial slur that, among the black community, has been turned into something positive (in a way). i think all racial slurs are bad no matter who says them (except for hokey. i have no idea how that came to be a racial slur for whites lol)

kiraownsurmom said:
wow...i looked up negro an it means an ignorant group of blacks so how does every1 get all brotherly sayin "wassup *****?" an get a friendly reply?

neggro doesnt mean ignorant anymore in todays society.

if you knew anything about african studies, youd notice that the trend of racial slurs directed towards their community are now used amongest themselves.

it helps them deal with bad times back in the day.

like i said, it is what it is. unfortunitly the wrong people adapt to that sort of behavior and think its now socially acceptable to call themselves a "niggah" its stupid.

they dont even know where it comes from......

todays SAT word is "Etymology" :frown2:

kiraownsurmom said:
well,eminem is a world renound well respected wigger so he doesnt count...da honky

Eminem is a white trash moron.....i wont even start with his moronic behavior

As a black guy I don't really think you can act black. People say I act white, but it's just who I really am.

I think if you're being true to yourself there's nothing wrong with acting a certain way, except if you're using a powerful word like the "n" word you should make sure everyone is ok with it first.

Well i have black friends and i respect them and their culture. i have friends from ll over the world. im not a racist guy, i can honestly say that. all of my friends will tell you that i never say racist things.

As for people acting black, they should be loving their own culture enough to stand by it. if i started acting black, id feel i let my country down, for not respecting it enough to follow its histroical values.

The word "******" was used to insult the black slaves, which is why i never use it. although i listen to music where its used.

Me? im just a Kebab makin' Turk tryna make it in an Americans world :)

I think it's like how somtimes friends can throw insults at each other, but not really mean them. Like Loose Cannon said, you should know your audience, or you could end up seriously offending someone.

En4Neo said:
As a black guy I don't really think you can act black. People say I act white, but it's just who I really am.

I think if you're being true to yourself there's nothing wrong with acting a certain way, except if you're using a powerful word like the "n" word you should make sure everyone is ok with it first.

that relates to what kira was trying to say with the whole "niggah meaning ignorant"

quite frankly, because your black it doesnt mean you are uneducated, stupid, a thug, petty, wtvr the case may be.

im the NYPD, to discriminate against the black community (and there are alot of blacks up in NYC) makes us even more ignorant than they "appear"

my best friends aunt used to work for rocawear and said that the white guys who come in there are much more "thuggish" with a criminal record than the black guys who shopped there.

i believe that to every extent. white kids (those in their late teens- early 20s) think thats black people act. what they see in rap videos is how they should act.

i advise watching "boyz N the hood" probably one of my all time favorite films....also "do the right thing"

just like notorious BIG said "if you dont know now you know niggah"

:nonod:

Back