Why????

ps3 man, take it easy. you just touched on a very sensitive subject for us nintendo fans. i've stated it in my first post, that there are some points that you've argued that i won't argue against. i am a true respector of differences of opinions between people, so i'm not gonna try and convince you to switch over to nintendo. but if you ever get the chance to, give nintendo another shot (especially with this wii console) and try and recognize the beauty of the games they put out. maybe then, you'll be able to relate to what we're saying. but hey, kudos for having the balls to come on this forum!

I approve this thread - this is a way more informative thread compared to the other threads that have been spammed around here.

And its nice to see people write long responses with informative sources etc as it shows that the quality of the thread improves over time. Credits to PS3man and Squall7.

Games...hmm...the only games I think are actually good are...hmm...jak and daxter...Ratchet and Clank......Gran Turismo...nope, none more.

Sasuke747 - there's the other game you've missed mentioning here - Katamari Darcy.

Im coming to the conclusion that sony really do need to start using their own brains...if they actually have any.
I remember Nintendo's comment, to Sony's copying of the motion sensor, was: Imitation is the best form of flattery...

There are heaps of people I know who have a PS2 and usually they are die hard sports or car racing fans who revel in having the latest gran tourismo / NFA / etc games that are constantly published by third party developers.

On another matter -
I heard of nintendogs when it was out for the DS and my first reaction to it was similar to the initial reaction I had for the Wii. Nintendogs?? Who thought that game up. Isn't it similar to tamagotchi?!? Over time I began to realise that the game was totally different to other games. I haven't played it yet because I haven't got a DS and no-one I know who has one doesn't have nintendogs...

Thought I'd like to mention the similar reactions I have with the two different aspects of innovative video gaming. The Wii being the console... and Nintendogs being a DS game.

PS3man said:
Hello everyone,

I am concerned as to why anyone would like to purchase this Wii console. I used to love Nintendo, but they have dissapointed bad. Fan boys aside, how can you trust them. I have had every Nintendo console made. I used to love my NES, SNES, and the N64 was okay. Gameboy advance wasn't bad either. But I went and got a Gamecube. I had a couple games and bought a couple more. I have also owned a Xbox and PS2. Now here is what I am getting at... I take my sorry tired self up to the store and I go look for games or a liesurely walk through Wal-mart or something. I am disgusted to find a couple multi console games that I would never play and the 4 games I already own.

Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.

My issue is they don't make any games. I think I could go to programming school and make a game in the time these guys descide they want to make a confined Mario game that doesn't look much better then the 64 version, or take 3 years to make a shallow Mario Kart game with a mirrored mode. How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.

I expect that Nintendo will depend more on their old games, and whether or not they expect you to pay for their old content and if you have to pay for the service to connect to that old content, I don't know. But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system. Wait Capcom is smart and descided it would make different versions of Resident Evil to help Nintendo out. Bleh.

What I did with my PS2 was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!
What I did with my XBox was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!

You know what I did with my Gamecube? I hid it behind the TV and it is collecting dust because noone wanted it.

I buy consoles to play video games, not to look at the console and look at my worthless trade-in games because they been valued for three years because Nintendo sold 2 million copies of it, because it was the only game to come out that everyone bought that year.

Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it. Watch they will make one and start making the next, and it won't be out until the next Nintendo console.
get the wii then. why pay 100's of £'s more for things other than that.

zelda is gonna be a great game. thats why they take their time making it.

i0n said:
This thread started off well, and it pleased me with the level of maturity and intelligent discussion that came as a result of a possible flame baiting subject.

Lets not have this spiral into console bashing, lets keep this a well informed and mature thread please :)
ban his ass

Squall7 said:
So what you're basically saying is that because they still use a system of polygons and texture mappings, that they're on the same level? What about the SNES compared to the NES? Heck, what about the PlayStation compared to the PS2? If you really want, I can show you exactly where some of the improvements are and the effects it has on the general outlook.

So you mean more detailed? Ye, if you bothered to look closely, you'd be able to tell (better on actual footage rather than pics) that the Gamecube has got significantly more polygons to it. Look at Smash Bros versus Melee.

You mean like FMV rendered? Nope. Ye mean like animated picture? Ye, that's the way Resident Evil has worked throughout the main series (up until Resident Evil 4). look at the lighting effects though. What about the character animations? How about the fact that the cutscenes (not to be confused with FMVs) are a hell of a lot better? (not that far off proper FMV standards). Heck, the pre-rendering was done on Final Fantasy VII and VIII. I can tell by your lack of knowledge of Resident Evil Zero that you HAVEN'T played every "worthy" game on the Gamecube.

Put the blame where it's due then - on the retailers, not on Nintendo. They make extremely good quality games. All developers take their time to make really good games, and that's the reason why many games gets delayed. Look at PS2 games in comparison. They're sometimes multi-format, and some of the graphics look bad (along with ever-present bugs and glitches). Look at Summoner for example. Heck, look at Primal.

With the way the PS3 is being dealt with atm, there's not much worry about the Wii failing.

Like you're gonna beat a game (and an other games) within two months, unlocking everything. I'd love to see someone try and unlock EVERYTHING in Smash Bros Melee within two months. Seriously, all event matches/Characters/levels and trophies. Geez, sounds as plausable as Santa!

If you don't want them, why buy them? You've said yourself that you rent games before buying.

I know there are more games on the PS2/PSX, but the fact of the matter is that half to most of those games don't interest me (and a lot of other people) in the slightest. Let's face it, Sony aren't known for their innovative titles. They're known for their amount of titles. Nintendo? They're known for quality. I get more desire to go back to Nintendo games than I do Sony games.

And yet there's not a wonderful amount of GOOD games out there for the PS2. I get wanting a good amount of games. What I don't get is you coming to a Nintendo forums claiming that Nintendo isn't producing enough "Quality" games. Look at the PS3 line up. The so called "must haves" are Metal Gear 4, Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. Now look at Nintendo's range - Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wii sports, Disaster Day of Crisis, Red Steel, Wario Ware and the list goes on. The point is, is that PS2 has many games. But it's reliant on a few "system Sellers". Gamecube at least had quite a range of titles, especially from first parties.

Oh, so Nintendo don't produce High content but PS2 titles do? I'd love to know which titles you're refering to!

Ha. Like Nintendo would read this bit and say "We'll show him!". (Heck, I'll give it a try) I'd love for Sony to prove me wrong that they aren't just out to rob me of my money and infiltrate Blu-ray into my home. *waits for a minute before a tumbleweed rolls past*.

Not really considering most people don't have enough money to go constantly spending it on the newest game as soon as it comes out. I love playing games, but I also have to eat! :prrr:

EDIT:

Spoken like the stereotypical American. What have the "commies" done to you personally? As bad as religion...

Source. Parents certainly will love the Wii, because even they can play it and they'll have control of what the kiddies can and cannot play.
u da man squall7!

PS3man said:
Hello everyone,

I am concerned as to why anyone would like to purchase this Wii console. I used to love Nintendo, but they have dissapointed bad. Fan boys aside, how can you trust them. I have had every Nintendo console made. I used to love my NES, SNES, and the N64 was okay. Gameboy advance wasn't bad either. But I went and got a Gamecube. I had a couple games and bought a couple more. I have also owned a Xbox and PS2. Now here is what I am getting at... I take my sorry tired self up to the store and I go look for games or a liesurely walk through Wal-mart or something. I am disgusted to find a couple multi console games that I would never play and the 4 games I already own.

Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.

My issue is they don't make any games. I think I could go to programming school and make a game in the time these guys descide they want to make a confined Mario game that doesn't look much better then the 64 version, or take 3 years to make a shallow Mario Kart game with a mirrored mode. How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.

I expect that Nintendo will depend more on their old games, and whether or not they expect you to pay for their old content and if you have to pay for the service to connect to that old content, I don't know. But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system. Wait Capcom is smart and descided it would make different versions of Resident Evil to help Nintendo out. Bleh.

What I did with my PS2 was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!
What I did with my XBox was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!

You know what I did with my Gamecube? I hid it behind the TV and it is collecting dust because noone wanted it.

I buy consoles to play video games, not to look at the console and look at my worthless trade-in games because they been valued for three years because Nintendo sold 2 million copies of it, because it was the only game to come out that everyone bought that year.

Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it. Watch they will make one and start making the next, and it won't be out until the next Nintendo console.
Dont know if anyonelse said this but ill take that gamecube if you dont want it :smilewinkgrin:

hey

I am far from reading every post (still on the first page).

I prefered GameCube games, and thought it had enough of them for me. I really liked Wave Race: Blue Storm, Resident Evil 1, Metroid Prime and Zelda Wind Waker. But yea, just these games made it worth while for me ^_^.

I must admit, the jump from N64 to GC wasn't nearly as exciting as the jump from SNES to N64. The N64 would have to be one of my favourite systems, and I thought its games were far better than those on other systems, but that's me. It was the great jump from 2D to 3D, which completly changed gameplay!!! I liken this to the jump from GameCube to Wii, which I think too will completly change gameplay!!! ^_^.

I myself never really liked the games on the PS2, well more so the XBox. I didn't play many as they never really took my interest. I would think PS2 has better games than XBox, I think games for these systems seemed like a chore to play or something. Personally, I thought Halo was very boring, and I don't understand why so many liked it? so to GTA.

Well we have had both a Playstation and Playstation 2 (for short periods of time), thanks to my bro. I thought the Arcade Mode of the original Grand Tourismo rocked, and so to did Resident Evil 2 on PS1, but nothing comes to mind for PS2.

Finally, I think Nintendo would be the only games company I would trust to make a great game ^_^.

BTW, I would only recommend someone to buy the console which has the games they are most interested in, and find most exciting. I don't think it's nice to try and trick someone into buying something they don't really want. I don't think you can ever say one system is better than other, cause it all depends on the player.

edit
Ohh, you wanna see great graphics for the GameCube? then checkout... IGN: Top Ten Best Looking GameCube Games ^_^.

cyas

Last edited:
Poor Guy

I'm looking forward to the Nintendo Wii. I have a PS2 collecting dust. Other than that, I primarily play the occasional MMO online. I was a big gamer in my youth but quit after the SNES. The PS2 was a half-hearted attempt to enjoy gaming again.

I've never understood why fans at sites (mmo sites, console sites, etc.) are so defensive and angry at comments like these. I suppose you are looking for the next big rush of enjoyment. You want so badly for something to be everything the seller says it will be. You're bored with today's offerings and dream about tomorrow.

I've seen this a million times. Primarily MMO sites. Companies promise the moon and then people walk away frustrated. The same people that so passionately defended the game before release, are the angry and bitter ones walking away one month after release. You want to believe the advertising campaign. You want the moon.

I personally believe that the Nintendo Wii has made a statement. I've been playing games long enough to have been bored for a long time now. There's been no innovation. There's been no change.

Although virtual reality was examined . . . it hasn't progressed as rapidly as people thought or imagined in the 1980's (on a consumer level). This is a step in that direction. A step away from sedentary gaming towards active gaming. It's only a small step, but it's a start.

So to PS3man: walk softly, you're treading on these peoples' dreams.

To the passionate fans here angrily and bitterly dissecting the poor guy's every word and semantic detail, let the future make your arguement instead of being so . . . aggressive.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,

JD

Last edited:
Back