Wii Bundles and Consumer Rights

We believed giving [players] the system itself, with both Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls, and a software package of five different games for $250, could convince them to take a chance," says Dolecki. "If we had to charge [these players] hundreds of dollars more than that for the system alone, our chances were much less promising." ---Anka Dolecki, public relations director at Nintendo of America talking about the wii's place in the market compared with 360 and ps3.

So from nintendo's point of view - forced bundles are detremental to their business strategy.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
If you want a wii as soon as possible you shouldn't HAVE to buy a bundle...

Well you should, or you can wait till there is a greater supply. You want it early you play by the retailers rules. Unless you are blessed and can it at retail, like I was.

I was able to get mine for exactly $249.99

if you preorder a game , do they add a controller to it? do they force you to buy another game with it?

No mostly if ever no, because usually they actually include stuff for free. and they sometimes have two versions, one with or one without. Why can't they do the same with game systems?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
We believed giving [players] the system itself, with both Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls, and a software package of five different games for $250, could convince them to take a chance," says Dolecki. "If we had to charge [these players] hundreds of dollars more than that for the system alone, our chances were much less promising." ---Anka Dolecki, public relations director at Nintendo of America talking about the wii's place in the market compared with 360 and ps3.

So from nintendo's point of view - forced bundles are detremental to their business strategy.

....wow did you even read that correctly? "and a software package of five different games for $250, could convince them to take a chance."

Actually they are saying bundles are good way to entice new players.

And the "If we had to charge hundreds of dollars more for the system alone, our chances were much less promising."

This has nothing to do with bundles, they are just saying if they had the wii cost as much as the xbox360 or ps3 they wouldn't be able to reach as many people.

Ahh but as a whole it could be argued that , the point is they made a bundle at a reasonable price, while wal mart is making bundles and upping the price. so the bundle idea is not bad, its the hike up in price for the bundle that is messing things up.

savoirvivre said:
Ahh but as a whole it could be argued that , the point is they made a bundle at a reasonable price, while wal mart is making bundles and upping the price. so the bundle idea is not bad, its the hike up in price for the bundle that is messing things up.

The cost of the bundle is basically the same price, just a little cheaper.

Have you tried taking the individual games to retail stores and getting store credit? Most places will take back items (if unopened and in original packaging, of course, and if they carry it) and give you back a gift card. Go exchange it for a game that you want, or something else.

Try WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys 'R Us, all of them. Someone will do it.

tonyr1988 said:
Have you tried taking the individual games to retail stores and getting store credit? Most places will take back items (if unopened and in original packaging, of course, and if they carry it) and give you back a gift card. Go exchange it for a game that you want, or something else.

Try WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys 'R Us, all of them. Someone will do it.

All of those places require receipts. I really don't see how you couldn't return them in store though, seeing as how the items should be listed individually on the receipt.

I work at an electronic retail store, and we don't require receipts on items that are in the original packaging that we carry in stock - we just return for store credit. I'm sure other places do, too.

tonyr1988 said:
I work at an electronic retail store, and we don't require receipts on items that are in the original packaging that we carry in stock - we just return for store credit. I'm sure other places do, too.

Well I know for a fact that bestbuy, wal-mart, and target around here require a receipt.

Especially for online orders.

Yeah, a lot (most) do require a receipt, but if you could find even one store that would exchange it for another title without a receipt, that'd be enough. Do Gamespot, EB Games, etc. require receipts?

You'd figure, especially after Christmas, a lot of people would get duplicate gifts and lose the receipts...

tonyr1988 said:
Yeah, a lot (most) do require a receipt, but if you could find even one store that would exchange it for another title without a receipt, that'd be enough. Do Gamespot, EB Games, etc. require receipts?

You'd figure, especially after Christmas, a lot of people would get duplicate gifts and lose the receipts...

I believe eb games does also.

And most place nowadays around christmas will ask if you need a "gift receipt"

tonyr1988 said:
lol - are you and me the only ones active on this forum? I keep going back between threads and seeing new replies by you...

lol It seems like it. All I have to do during the days is browse the web. Being a network admin most of my work is done from home or I get paged to come in.

I was thinking of making a complaint about mcdonalds because my big mac meal comes with fries. i dont want fries. i tried to take them back but they said thats how it comes and thats what i paid for, there would be no replacement. HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?! I'm going to complain to people on the internet, then something shall be done about it!!!

Back