Wii Bundles and Consumer Rights

csiguy4u said:
If you didn't want the bundle you shouldn't have bought it. You could have easily waited until January when the stores will be flooded with Wiis. Return the whole dang thing and let someone who really wants their Wii have it now.

hmm flooded? nah i'm still fukin searchin..........

but yeah i agree that u shud b able to return the games. Does anyone know if i can do the same thing with the gamestop bundle?

Well if anything, if I still had the unopened games, but couldn't return them to any stores, I would have sold them individually or as a lot on eBay, I'm sure you'd make your money back.

Or why not exchange them in the stores? How would they know they were purchased in a bundle?

WolfpacSnakepit said:
I was thinking of making a complaint about mcdonalds because my big mac meal comes with fries. i dont want fries. i tried to take them back but they said thats how it comes and thats what i paid for, there would be no replacement. HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?! I'm going to complain to people on the internet, then something shall be done about it!!!
That is quite a bit different. Mcdonalds will still sell you a plain big mac, without having to buy the combo.
Walmart and other retailers were taking a standalone product and forcing you to take other products with it. In other industries, this is illegal (like selling a car and then forcing you to take certain options).

GreenEnvy said:
In other industries, this is illegal (like selling a car and then forcing you to take certain options).

Actually it's not illegal to sell a car with certain options. Example: you want to buy the a limited edition Ford Mustang but with no engine; they have every right to say you can only buy it with the engine; you have every right to say "I don't want to buy from you then!".

It's the exact same thing as selling the Wii. It has limited quantities, and you have the option not to buy, or go try buying from someone else.

whoever started this thread is an idiot. if you didn't want a bundle, you didn't have to buy it. none of your rights were violated. maybe you should've thought things threw a bit before buying something you didn't want. They are completely right in not allowing you to return the games. you can't just buy something and then return part of it. i'd love to see you try doing that with anything else.

now if some place lets you return the game, congratulations. if not, shut the hell up.

callme.nasty said:
whoever started this thread is an idiot. if you didn't want a bundle, you didn't have to buy it. none of your rights were violated. maybe you should've thought things threw a bit before buying something you didn't want. They are completely right in not allowing you to return the games. you can't just buy something and then return part of it. i'd love to see you try doing that with anything else.

now if some place lets you return the game, congratulations. if not, shut the hell up.

dude, what the hell is your problem? if he wants to return the games he's allowed to by all means. I'm all for consumer rights in this corrupt, capitalistic world.

Jeez, and with that attitude you seem to be the kind of person who would be supporting microsoft or something......

csiguy4u said:
Actually it's not illegal to sell a car with certain options. Example: you want to buy the a limited edition Ford Mustang but with no engine; they have every right to say you can only buy it with the engine; you have every right to say "I don't want to buy from you then!".

It's the exact same thing as selling the Wii. It has limited quantities, and you have the option not to buy, or go try buying from someone else.

Thats not the same thing. If I go in to buy a mustang, and they tell me I have to take the floor mats and the rust guard, and not give me the option, that is the problem. If those items are OPTIONS as dictated by the manufacturer, the retailer should not be able to force you to take them.

Back