wii costs nintendo $158

csiguy4u said:
Actually they are selling the ps3 less than it actually costs; so there is no profit for Sony.

thank you for sayn that, i was gonna but i just heard it from some guy in line for wiis at target, we were talkin about profit and he said sony loses money everytime they sell a console lol, in that case i might buy a ps3

scubasteve said:
thank you for sayn that, i was gonna but i just heard it from some guy in line for wiis at target, we were talkin about profit and he said sony loses money everytime they sell a console lol, in that case i might buy a ps3

Everyone made, not everyone sold. So obviously they would hurt more if people didn't buy them at all.

Hah! It's funny that you think Nintendo's ripping you off since they might be making ~$100 profit per unit.

Ask me what the markup is on one of the homes my company builds. It's really close to 100%, and I'll guarantee you they're making more than $100 off of each one.

vagrant said:
Everyone made, not everyone sold. So obviously they would hurt more if people didn't buy them at all.

Well, they haven't lost any money until they sell a unit... if they still have it, they still have something of value that they've *not neccessarily* committed a price to.

For instance, I've got a shotgun that I'm trying to sell... it hasn't sold yet, but I know I could sell it if I dropped the price on it.

If I lowered the price I'd be taking a loss, but as long as I have it, I got what I paid for.

Last edited:
ShadowElliot said:
I think the wii sports come payed with it.
200$ for the wii
$50 for the wii sports

i doubt that...i think they thought to themselves $200 for the console and ehh $50 for the nunchuck and wiimote, and hell lets toss this in for free.I doubt they were charging us $50 dollars for it or they would have given us the option of buying the wii and controllers alone.

yea i know the controllers are included, but don't they just add it to the price and cut off a few dollars? or is it basicly free and u just pay for the console.

BlenderWizard said:
3rd time, 4th time, blah, blah, blah... That's why I said he was upset (in reference to the OP) because they might be making ~$100 profit.

"Might" being the qualifier here. As in maybe, not neccessarily, etc., etc.

Because it would be much too difficult to look at the post on the top of the page.

And no, that was a bad analogy. Because sony has already invested the money into them. So the money on each one is lost. How can you say they haven't lost anything until they are sold? Do they have some alternative option to make more than $600 on the parts or something?

lol vagrant has a point there, they didn't go out and by one single object for their own personal use thusly getting value out of it, as was thought with the shotgun analogy, and also they have made it already. they have spent the money it costs to get the parts and make it, if they sell it they will lose money if they don't they will lose money those are the options.

Back