wii deserve better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T3kNi9e said:
zeon: I would admit and say I was wrong. But those were playstation 3 developers saying that. Im pretty sure saying anything bad at all will truly screw them up. My source was from a major developer who was being interviewed and was asked about the difference between 360 and PS3 and the power of them. He straight out talked about the technical reasons why PS3 isnt as powerful as people claim and 360 was just as powerful despite PS3 having cell. I can't tell you exactly what he said because this was like 3 months ago. Nor can I give a link because im not the one who found it, someone posted it on the xbox forums. I just know its either from Gamespot/Game Informer/IGN. But even with that said, I always thought PS3 would get better in the future in terms of graphics but I just dont think it will be that big of a difference.

As for intalling it on the hard drive, I can't tell ya. Since I leave it on my brothers room so that he doesn't just sit around when im not using it. And I havent really experiemented with anything yet. But I imagine installing a game from Blue-ray on your hard drive will end up taking up alot of space. Though theoretically it should lower the loading times.

I made a thread about this in ps3forums and well i got pretty good answers to answer this unkindly answer of yours and this is what i got

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?p=2334245&posted=1#post2334245

"You can't compare the CPU of 360 with the cell, because they are different architectures. Sony always has its own kind of processors (see Ps2) and they are not like processors used in PC's. 360 has a 3 core system(PC now has dual or quad core) and the ps3 has 1 main core and 7 supporting Processors. This is why untalented Developers are complaining about how difficult it is to develop for PS3 - it's different.
The GPU of the 360 is stronger than the RSX, but Cell is also able to render and do other graphical stuff, so again, it's a different approach. Sony already had two super-successful consoles - they know what they do (sometimes it may not seem so, but it is so)

In the end it's about games and the Ps3 is only out for one year and already has games like Uncharted and R&C ToD, so there are amazing things to come..."

Not all 360 SKU's have standard hard disk drives. These were the older Core and the new Arcade ones. Therefore no developer can give the option to have data from the disk installed on a hard drive because it would be a feature that many 360 owners wouldn't be able to have from the box, although they would have "paid" for it inside the game price. So we have no data caching on 360.
On the other hand EVERY single PS3 has a minimum hard disk drive, so many developers have implemented the install data on hard drive option (in some cases it is mandatory), so it is the PS3 that has the ability to load faster due to some of the data already on the hard drive.

go to the thread for more posts and more of a insider look to why your in a trail of wrong

though their were some mixed answers, i searched up most of the answers they gave and gave you thegood ones the rest were bassicly the same though these can be understood better

though some do commit to you (in some kind of inevitable way) that ps3 and 360 are at the the same power at the momment

again refer to the 30-50% post i did

Last edited:
I say before you jump on the Nintendo Bandwagon and say how well it is doing in terms of sales etc,

Wait until 2008 when Sony will gain momentum with games like MGS4, FF13, Gran turismo, Tekken, GTA 4

All these are console shifters also what you have to think about in 2 -3 years time when developers are at ease with the tools provided by the playstation and the cell when these developers begin to utilize maximum potential from then this console.

Then i'm sorry but the Nintendo wii is going to look damm average in terms of graphics and physics probived by the console.

Sony are not stupid they will turn it around in 2008 after all Playstation is a household name look how well the PS2 has done,

Not to be a Sony Fanboy I am actually a avid Nintendo fan but I can't see the Nintendo wii lasting another 3- 4 years with the current specifications,

ally_uk said:
I say before you jump on the Nintendo Bandwagon and say how well it is doing in terms of sales etc,

Wait until 2008 when Sony will gain momentum with games like MGS4, FF13, Gran turismo, Tekken, GTA 4

All these are console shifters also what you have to think about in 2 -3 years time when developers are at ease with the tools provided by the playstation and the cell when these developers begin to utilize maximum potential from then this console.

Then i'm sorry but the Nintendo wii is going to look damm average in terms of graphics and physics probived by the console.

Sony are not stupid they will turn it around in 2008 after all Playstation is a household name look how well the PS2 has done,

Not to be a Sony Fanboy I am actually a avid Nintendo fan but I can't see the Nintendo wii lasting another 3- 4 years with the current specifications,

What the hell? I'm tired of people saying that. Do you get a system because you like it? Or because you think it'll do good in the market? Of course your friends influence your opinion but if you get one just because its doing well, thats just stupid. I mean it's nice to see your console do well but thats no reason to not buy something. Who really cares who buys the wii, or how "good its doing", this thread is about dissapointments and your talking about marketing value.

Also your wrong, the ps3 is gay, have you ever seen anyone less then 15 playing a ps3? It fails because it doesn't appeal to regular gamers, its only worth it if your a hardcore gamer. It doesn't matter how cheap they go, they killed the ps3 from the start. The wii might not win but it has succeeded in its goal, and thats more then the ps3 did.

I must say, everyone is posting two or three paragraphs per post. Well here's opinion on the matter.

One, the Wii is upgraded. The features are far more advanced. It's capabilities, concerning graphics, are better then we believe them to be. This is based on what I've seen in Nintendo's latest hit Super Mario Galaxy. Although cartoony, it was indeed spectacular. If Third Party game producers could manage to tap into the system technology we would obviously see some improvement.

Facing the facts, the weakest game on the 360, concerning graphics, is still better than any Wii game out now. People, listen to yourselves, honestly, graphics are very important! I DO NOT spend $400 on a wii (ebay) if it provides the same options and technologies as the gamecube. We don't spend $400 or $600 on the Ps3 and Xbox 360 for the same stuff. We do it for the better graphics. That is all we do it for. Those that don't seem to care, well you do more than you realize and you truely should get a life because that's all it's about.

Plus, we all know that most games released are pretty fun. Most companies put effort into gameplay. Most games are fun. Bad graphics degrade a game. Soul Edge in the Soul Caliber: Legends looked like a big blob in the guys hand WTF? I was very dissapointed. Whether the game was good are not mattered less and less to me as I began to realize Soul caliber: Legends had worse graphics than most games on the cube (along with horrid controls).

If i am concerned about graphics then why did I buy a wii as my only console? Becasue I am the first to admit the graphics are only as good as the Gamecube at present. I bought it for the control system, the added playability etc. So tell me, why would I care for the 360 or ps3 graphics if my main concern was the playability?

ally_uk said:

well perhaps your right perhaps the ps3 will sell millions more consoles for GTA nd MGS but its still gunna be behind the wii and the 360. cause yea ps3 has their games cuming out but so does the wii and 360.
And the Wii might not last another 4 yrs because we'll probaly see an advanced version of the wii or at least have a start at one

Great comments so far, but like someone said, just give it time, I think as a society we want everything super fast now, and we have not patience. I have had a ps3 and a 360, and I must say they didn't get much play. Yeah the graphics are good, but it's not all about the graphics. And honestly when I buy a game system, I buy it to play games, not watch movies and balance my checkbook. And besides the wii has internet the 360 doesn't. I believe as time goes on the Wii is going to get great games, that no one else will have, Nintendo isn't going anywhere, I do believe Ps3 will lead the pack because of all the third party releases, but the Wii isn't going away

People, if the graphics mattered, why do people still enjoy titles like original zelda, the first mario game on the virtual console. There are many factors that make a game great. Some of them include gameplay, music, storyline,yes graphics and many other things. How would it feel if u were playing resident evil and suddenely, the music changes to polka music. weird right? those all factors must be incorporated well into a game to make it good. thats why games like ocarina of time, super mario galaxy are praised even though they have low graphical capabilities. Anyways wiis graphics are not bad. they could sure improve.

lol to many ps36 fans on here. imo the graphics are fine..i think its a shame when a game comes out on wii and you think "they could of been better" but im fine with wii graphics and just look for enjoyment in games and dont do the shiny thingy that so many people do.

yes the ps3 sales will go up but i cant see like over 10 millions people buying a ps3 at its price for a couple of games.

and if i really wanted a ps360 i would just download an emulater on my pc (thats if i wanted to)

vashivihan said:
People, if the graphics mattered, why do people still enjoy titles like original zelda, the first mario game on the virtual console. There are many factors that make a game great. Some of them include gameplay, music, storyline,yes graphics and many other things. How would it feel if u were playing resident evil and suddenely, the music changes to polka music. weird right? those all factors must be incorporated well into a game to make it good. thats why games like ocarina of time, super mario galaxy are praised even though they have low graphical capabilities. Anyways wiis graphics are not bad. they could sure improve.

Zelda, Link to the Past on SNES was absolutely amazing. Obviously bad graphics. Those graphics don't make the game any worse. My point is that I don't want Nintendo to release a game that looks like Zelda, Link to the Past on the Wii. I don't want them to release a game that looks like Super Mario Sunshine or anything on GC. I payed that $250 to upgrade my console to the next generation graphics. Luckily Nintendo infact compensated for those graphics for many extra options like the VC and Motion controls. Along with all of the channels. I am pleased with my purchased but I can not be satisfied with the Wii alone. I decided to get the Xbox 360 as well and now I have the best of both worlds. I must say, Nintendo has the best games.

jimbo said:
well you bought the wii for the wrong resons then

I think not. I don't know how long you've been around but I've been around long enough to have the assumption that I was buying something next generation. At first it was the Atari, then we Upgraded to the NES. After that we upgraded again to the SNES. Next was the N64 and after that the Gamecube. Each one had better graphics than the systems previous. Now that there is 5 generations of gaming consoles. From 1975 to 2001. Over 26 years and with each release we saw a more advanced system. I didn't do much research before buying the Wii, I simply got it because I have always bought from Nintendo, with Atari being the exception. Although I wasn't around in the days of Atari it was that far off. i did infact play it when I was young.

T3kNi9e said:
Wiimoto, I dont think thats what he meant, and its not what I mean either. We're talking about actual games. Whats the difference between RE4 and LoZ:TP on Wii and Gamecube? Controls, thats it.

those two games is what people like to call ports. they consist of basically the same story and mainly the same gameplay with some minor changes.

and for everyone else that say grpahics matter, you people sound really stupid. in what way does graphics make a game more fun to play. if you pay money just for graphics that is just said. if you like a game on a system then ge the system, if you just like the graphics dont get it because of that.

also who cares if every other system has better graphics than the wii. does it really cut off the gameplay, i think not. some of you believe that you need a strong processor to get long games. but in no way is that true. a length of a game all depends on its disc memory. the proccessor controls the framrate. if you want to see lots of explosion then go with a high powered proccessor. but the wii's proccessor is not push over. it is quite capable of showing some very nice prefromances. the wii proccessor is capable of 60 frames per second.

Who says the Wii is not a next gen system? Next gen doesn't mean better graphics. As has been explained, it's the all-around experience. That's part of why the dreamcast, 3DO, etc. bombed. The other systems just had better games. For example, look at the graphics of the grand theft auto games. The graphics aren't as good as on other games that came out along side them, but they sacrifice graphics for an amazingly huge game. I've heard a lot of complaints of campaigns being way to short on HD games on xbox and ps3. Mario Galaxy is huge.

My only gripe with my wii is the lack of HD. Not for movies or better graphics, but for capacity. This, in my opinion, is the reason games like GTA4 will not come to the wii. In the past, this series has used every bit of disk space they could muster out of the old ps2 and xbox disks. Why would they not do the same with an HD disk? [actually, now that I think about it, xBox 360 games are not on HD disks, are they?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back