wii deserve better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wii is an all around better gaming system than the PS3 or the 360. Therefore, it's hard for the games to live up to the system.

this thread went from mildly interesting reading to ridiculous fanboyism many pages ago, give it a rest girls

...what i have created?

AoWFraggit said:
ps3 and 360 aren't exactly next-gen consoles...they're both just last-gen consoles with an hd player shoved up their asses.

ROFL, so true....

T3kNi9e said:
zeon we can go back and forth but I wont believe how "powerful" it is until an actual game is made. And so far nothing is special about the ps3 games. They're just like the 360 games.

As for the Wii, I think 2008 will be better, but it wont be better than 2008 for PS3. Because as much as 3rd party devs will see how much Wii has sold, they will also see how good casual games and mini games are doing. Its americas fault for buying such trash. So if you love it, good for you, if you dont, you have no one to blame but yourself because you bought the console, so live with it and be happy instead of whining.

Uncharted is a game which will prove my understanding of "power" in a game, though you are right ps3 and 360 )at the momment)stand head to tow to each other though 08 has just started

As for the ps3 and devs comment im not gonna go on you with that one, devs lose money when a game isnt sold, wii is selling good though i dont belive the games are, if a dev were to move to wii then they should brace themselves to make a good game (not some crappy rayman or the unfortunate RE:UC)

now as i have stated that i have made a thread about this in the other forum (the better one in my oppinion) people have a real instinctinct about the "blue-ray" that you posted (you should fix that) and many people have replyed most of which gave good answers.

Yea I saw it, some of them you can tell are true ps3 fanboys. They had nothing to say but point out "Blue-ray" being mispelled, as if I actually cared about spelling it right. I mean this isnt a midterm after all.

Though some made some real good posts, which I do believe the PS3 has yet to reach its potential, but in all reality I think only exclusive games are going to be better and im guessing it wont be by that much, just details.

the only thing keeping Blue-ray afloat anyways is the fanboys... without the ps3 they would probably have to go bust on blueray as well... not that eaither blueray or HDdvd are doing well at all.... Dvd and Cd's are almost out dated media sources now... we could have used it 4 or 5 years ago
But once they start popin out the 32gig and bigger memory cards "which they already have" any form of Disk will be obsolete... sure maybe they can cram a 100 or more gigs on a disk but a small scratch still ruins it. and with DVR so popular now it will just become a small computer hooked to your t.v. big hard drives to store with, and memory cards to transport your movies and shows around... much smaller and reuseable and you wont have to store all the huge cases in comparison to a small SD card...

Last edited:
stumac1985 said:
this thread went from mildly interesting reading to ridiculous fanboyism many pages ago, give it a rest girls
Yes I think it's about time this thread was closed. I'll PM Syntax.

Now heres what i cant see. Peoples main attraction to buying a 360 or PS3 are these:

- Great Graphics
- Good Online Mode
- Very Powerful

Now, Heres what a decent PC will get you:

- AMAZING Graphics
- Power beyond any console to date
- Online modes are 10x easier, faster and better overall

Not to mention the PC gets a hell fo alot of games. All the games worth buying on the 360 are avalible for the PC, not to mention alot of amazing PC exclusives. As for great PS3 games, show me one.

So why buy a PS3 or a 360? When you could have something even better for not much more? Sure, it IS a bit more money, but in the words of T3kNi9e:

"You get what you pay for."

The above all applies to that quote from T3k. The Below does not:

The Wii: £180/$250 - expecting a price cut this year maybe?

But what do you get?

- Graphics that are MORE than worthy of next gen. As Metroid Prime 3 and SMG have proved. Not to mention even these arent pushing the Wii to its limits.

- Gameplay that you CANNOT GET on any other system. Makes games feel alot more realistic than any graphical zombie i see on RE5 for the 360. I want to play a game, not watch a movie.

- Online, that admittedly isnt up to par. But Nintendo is de to change this all. Theres a whole bunch of games coming this year that have online play. Not to mention Wiiware, downloadable content, etc.

Not to mention, the Wii boasts an internet browser that the PS3 cant match (becuase of the wii remote) and the 360, doesnt even have.

So yes your right T3k, you DO get what you pay for. And thats exactly why the Wii will win this console war.

NOTE:
Im no fanboy, trust me. I think the 360 is great. But the Wii is in a world of its own. Same goes to the PS3, which i dont like as much, but will probably outlive the 360. Just for those who thought i was :D

also you could (theoretically? maybe?) plug in a usb keyboard/mouse to the wii too.. so you got a very cheap pc.. with a google account you can then use the online word processor :D

Would be nice if it's possible.. anyone happen to try? :p

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
Yea I saw it, some of them you can tell are true ps3 fanboys. They had nothing to say but point out "Blue-ray" being mispelled, as if I actually cared about spelling it right. I mean this isnt a midterm after all.

Though some made some real good posts, which I do believe the PS3 has yet to reach its potential, but in all reality I think only exclusive games are going to be better and im guessing it wont be by that much, just details.

lol yea i forgot to post no fanboism in my post

yea some of them did make good points (ignore the others, the "blue-ray"ones)

obviously and exclusive will always prevail over a multi, thats cause its utilized for one console and can take full prvilege over that console, look at uncharted and how well that turned out, R&C was truly amazing (alot of things going on at once)

T3kNi9e said:
Wiimoto, you truly are a fanboy. How could you say the future of PS3 is Final Fantasy. They have tons more games coming out. and you obviously dont know anything about the 360 because they have a shitload of different types of games just like the PS3. The only difference is 360 is very low on casual games and japanese games, which personally is great about the 360 because im not some 10 year old and I sure as hell dont like MOST japanese games.
Lol I was making a joke, if your gonna label me with "fanboy" then go ahead. I know theres alot of good games for ps3 coming up, but they've been pretty disssapointing to some sony fans. I think that the xbox 360 has alot of great franchises, but games like Bioshock are running out, ideas are hard to come by, and when new ideas arise, they won't be as fresh and exciting. You don't see Super Microsoft Brothers Brawl coming out anytime soon... And I'm sorry I insulted your precious ps3, I'll try not to insult you in the future...

ps3 and 360 aren't exactly next-gen consoles...they're both just last-gen consoles with an hd player shoved up their asses

:yesnod: OMG. that is the most honest to god truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesnod: well stated.

also you can add.... "bigger and bulky-er, expensive, limited controls, and altogether less FUN!!!!!!!"

Warrior said:
Now heres what i cant see. Peoples main attraction to buying a 360 or PS3 are these:

- Great Graphics
- Good Online Mode
- Very Powerful

Now, Heres what a decent PC will get you:

- AMAZING Graphics
- Power beyond any console to date
- Online modes are 10x easier, faster and better overall

Not to mention the PC gets a hell fo alot of games. All the games worth buying on the 360 are avalible for the PC, not to mention alot of amazing PC exclusives. As for great PS3 games, show me one.

So why buy a PS3 or a 360? When you could have something even better for not much more? Sure, it IS a bit more money.

Very true. All around mainly, yet consoles still offer something a PC doesn't. Now I mainly do all of my gaming on my PC but a few issues I've come across are that

1. Lack of mobility. Now I have a laptop but I prefer my desktop. I play with about 3 other guys and we can't all setup in my room. It's difficult to get us all connected in a comfortable room. People will come across an issue with connecting up anymore than 2 pcs because of a lack of ethernet cables wired to one location. This can easily be fixed with a switch or hub. I'd personnally suggest a hub to get all 4 people connected to the internet or to simply do a LAN connection. Even so, it's a lot of work and a lot of hardware with audio, mouse and keyboard, monitor, computer, and any other gaming equipment someone might need.

2. Another issue is that people can't all play on one system. I have to setup 4 pcs with all of the necessary equipment and what not. Get everyone connected and then there's the troubleshooting of random issues.

PC's are the way of the future. Our consoles are almost as advanced as a PC is.

Also, most of the people that chose Wii most likely were very appreciative of the $250 price tag. Many are without knowledge of what specifications are needed for certain games or what exactly they should look for to put in the PC. People can probably build a really decent PC for only $500-$600. But if your unsure about what to get and you buy a whole package a desktop normally runs at about $1,000. I wouldn't suggest a laptop, that throws you into a whole new ballpark of prices. Ranging from $2,000 to $6,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back