Wii graphics

Mr_Stoukaph said:
heh, i doubt they will make changes now because theyve already started prodution on the wii (not contradicting you). i think the wii will have the worst graphics of this generation. but i dont care! im getting one for TP:Dhehe
If those graphics are better than Gamecube, which Nintendo said they will be, and atleast as good as Xbox, I'll be happy.

I never realized that it would be the weakest console when it comes to graphics this time around, sort of how the PS2 was the weakest last time. However, there are cool looking games like I've mentioned before: Sly Cooper, LOZ: Wind Waker, Katamari Damacy, older games like Rez, and upcoming games like Okami (which should totally be made for Wii; if you don't know about it, go here to get the basics and here to see a video).

slycooper1.jpg

0225_zeldawindbreaker21.jpg

rez_13.jpg

katamari-damacy-20040719045559298.jpg

okami-20060717044401618.jpg

None of these games are photo-realistic, but that doesn't mean they have bad graphics; they're just unique/stylized.

And we've all seen Metroid Prime: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, and even the current-gen Resident Evil 4, so I'm guessing the weakest system graphically, Wii, will be able to stand on it's own when it comes to visuals.

some people call non-photo-realistic games crap because they think good graphics are how much it looks like real life. i dont know about anyone else, but im getting tired of the cel-shaded graphics like WW. i liked them at first, but now there are way too many LoZ games like it. im glad that TP will be more realistic this time.

Just found some encouraging news from UbiSoft, who said to IGN when talking about Rayman: Raving Rabbids (which they are making first for Wii and then will port it to 360 and PS3), said the following:

"We did a lot of good looking games on this generation of graphics processors," he explained to Nintendo Power. "The Wii hardware is more powerful than those, so that's good enough for us."

SOURCE

So, Wii is more powerful than PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox!!!

Here are some pics of the game (click to enlarge).
rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023147401.jpgrayman-raving-rabbids-20060518022217308.jpgrayman-raving-rabbids-20060518022219558.jpg

While those pics don't really catch my attention, the following hilarious Rayman trailers below do; watch with the sound on and enjoy...and watch again!:lol:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLa-_mwZCX0[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4xm-Q1IZ0[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Wow, that looks really good. I'm not surprised to hear that the Wii graphics will be better than last-gen since it has been a few years. But these are really good graphics. aloing with the new Red Steel graphics.

uhh. no. the wii doesnt have better gfx than the 360. thats not opinion, its fact. however it has pretty good graphics (almost as good as 360 but not quite). on a SDTV you probably wont tell a diffrence between wii and 360 but on a HDTV you will see a huge diffrence (the wii has no HDTV support while the 360 has all its games in HD)

Ya, I was just gonna say that. And also, if you dont think that the gamecube was capable of great graphics just go and look at resident evil 4. They far surpassed what most people believed possible on the console. I will be happy with the wii as long at it can do what it did with resident evil 4! And obviously it will, with specs of more than double the gamecubes. We just have to wait and see what the developers make of it.

One thing that saddens me though is the lack of support for advanced shaders :(

NateTheGreat said:
Better than PS2's graphics, are you kidding? Gamecube has better graphics than PS2 and looking at Super Mario Galaxy, it's graphics may be better than the Xbox and, in some cases, close to the Xbox 360's graphics.

I'm not sure about the PS3's graphics because so much of it's videos are not true gameplay, but I don't think they're that much better than the 360's.

*EDIT* It also depends on what you think good graphics are. Do you want realistic graphics like Hal-life 2 has or cool cel-shaded graphics like LOZ: WW and Sly Cooper? Both styles have their good points, in my opinion.

Gamecube does NOT have better realistic graphics tahn PS2, cell shaded maybey but im not so sure. from what ive seen from mario galaxy those graphics arent REALLY close to the 360 graphics, nintendo isnt known for graphics its known for gameplay and in my opinion gamplay is WAAAY more important.

mikybee93 said:
Gamecube does NOT have better realistic graphics tahn PS2, cell shaded maybey but im not so sure. from what ive seen from mario galaxy those graphics arent REALLY close to the 360 graphics, nintendo isnt known for graphics its known for gameplay and in my opinion gamplay is WAAAY more important.
Gamecube doesnt have better realistic graphics than the PS2? RE:4 anyone?

Back