Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Impressions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by shocktech, Jan 2, 2007.

1. shocktech

shocktech WiiChat Member

Hello, I almost have the money to purchase a Wii, but I'm skeptical if I should follow through and buy one, or wait and buy an Xbox 360, or possibly a Playstation 3. All I want is for you ( if you own one ) to just explain any good or bad experiences with your Wii, your overall impression, and if you regret the investment or not. Thanks alot in advance, I appreciate it.

2. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The Wii is certainly a most magical experience. A PS2/3 or Xbox/360 won't ever feel the same once you take in the Wiimote.

All I can say is that it's crazy cool.
    But I'm no hardcore, play games seriously type of guy.
    Though I have put in about 7 hours of Zelda in a day.... Twilight Princes... So good..

3. Ozweego

Ozweego WiiChat Member

Heres the scope, I happen to own all three systems.

The Wii is a system on its own, you can really get into your games, literally. The Wiimote is fantastic and you can really work up a sweat. However, there is a graphical side to gaming and unfortunately the Wii dont hold up. Essentially its a Gamecube with a wireless controller, buts thats not a knock on the system. I love my Wii, as a matter of fact right now my girlfriend is playing Super Mario Brothers, can you believe that.

The 360 is a great system, you got HD a wireless controller and numerous add ons to bust your horsepower of HD. The game library cant be beat at the current time, but thats because it had a year on the Wii and PS3.

The PS3 is the most expensive, but you get the most bang for your buck, HiDef gameplay on Blu-Ray Discs, which hold 5 times that of a DVD, which in the long run will add to some steller games and graphics. Also you have the Blu-Ray movie player, awesome if you have a HD tv. The game supply is low now, but if Sonys past says anything it will certainly grow.

So in closing, if monies tight and your looking for some instant fun, grab a Wii. If you want a huge library and gamers behind you, grab a 360. If you want the best grafically, and all the bells and whistles grab a PS3.

The choice is ultimately yours, either way your safe.

4. LilWiiWii

LilWiiWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8012-6169-7562-1411
    8012-6169-7562-1411
    Well said. I happen to own All 3 also, and if you want to compare the "next-gen" consoles I say the wii is the most exciting out-of-box. And I totally agree to what Ozweego wrote.