Wii Impressions

shocktech

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Hello, I almost have the money to purchase a Wii, but I'm skeptical if I should follow through and buy one, or wait and buy an Xbox 360, or possibly a Playstation 3. All I want is for you ( if you own one ) to just explain any good or bad experiences with your Wii, your overall impression, and if you regret the investment or not. Thanks alot in advance, I appreciate it.

The Wii is certainly a most magical experience. A PS2/3 or Xbox/360 won't ever feel the same once you take in the Wiimote.

All I can say is that it's crazy cool.
But I'm no hardcore, play games seriously type of guy.
Though I have put in about 7 hours of Zelda in a day.... Twilight Princes... So good..

Heres the scope, I happen to own all three systems.

The Wii is a system on its own, you can really get into your games, literally. The Wiimote is fantastic and you can really work up a sweat. However, there is a graphical side to gaming and unfortunately the Wii dont hold up. Essentially its a Gamecube with a wireless controller, buts thats not a knock on the system. I love my Wii, as a matter of fact right now my girlfriend is playing Super Mario Brothers, can you believe that.

The 360 is a great system, you got HD a wireless controller and numerous add ons to bust your horsepower of HD. The game library cant be beat at the current time, but thats because it had a year on the Wii and PS3.

The PS3 is the most expensive, but you get the most bang for your buck, HiDef gameplay on Blu-Ray Discs, which hold 5 times that of a DVD, which in the long run will add to some steller games and graphics. Also you have the Blu-Ray movie player, awesome if you have a HD tv. The game supply is low now, but if Sonys past says anything it will certainly grow.

So in closing, if monies tight and your looking for some instant fun, grab a Wii. If you want a huge library and gamers behind you, grab a 360. If you want the best grafically, and all the bells and whistles grab a PS3.

The choice is ultimately yours, either way your safe.

Ozweego said:
Heres the scope, I happen to own all three systems.

The Wii is a system on its own, you can really get into your games, literally. The Wiimote is fantastic and you can really work up a sweat. However, there is a graphical side to gaming and unfortunately the Wii dont hold up. Essentially its a Gamecube with a wireless controller, buts thats not a knock on the system. I love my Wii, as a matter of fact right now my girlfriend is playing Super Mario Brothers, can you believe that.

The 360 is a great system, you got HD a wireless controller and numerous add ons to bust your horsepower of HD. The game library cant be beat at the current time, but thats because it had a year on the Wii and PS3.

The PS3 is the most expensive, but you get the most bang for your buck, HiDef gameplay on Blu-Ray Discs, which hold 5 times that of a DVD, which in the long run will add to some steller games and graphics. Also you have the Blu-Ray movie player, awesome if you have a HD tv. The game supply is low now, but if Sonys past says anything it will certainly grow.

So in closing, if monies tight and your looking for some instant fun, grab a Wii. If you want a huge library and gamers behind you, grab a 360. If you want the best grafically, and all the bells and whistles grab a PS3.

The choice is ultimately yours, either way your safe.

Well said. I happen to own All 3 also, and if you want to compare the "next-gen" consoles I say the wii is the most exciting out-of-box. And I totally agree to what Ozweego wrote.

Back