Wii looks Terrible

go read the reviews on the t.v. everyone says the same thing... it only looks good when spoon fed top of the line HD signal... beyond that they all complained

Like he said he runs the 360 through HDMI cables... try using composite and see what happens heck i bet componet looks worse too...

Ok, to help damofr.....I have the same make as you but not the same model. I just looked at Wii Sports and I have the 'jaggies' but I can see the screen fine. It isn't blurry and I can see the pins. Your problem must be in the settings somewhere. Check your settings again to make sure you don't have some kind of conflict between your TV and the Wii.

The Wii supports anti-aliasing but hardly any games use it because of the "cost". It reduces the polygon fill-rate (due to having to internally render the image at a larger resolution than it will be shown, then subsampling it) and the quality of the z-buffer (16-bit instead of 24-bit).

damofr said:
hi all, iv just signed up today so sorry if this has been covered numerous times.

i have a SAMSUNG LE40M87BDX LCD tv and looks awesome with the xbox 360. thats with a hdmi cable so i know i cant expect the same with the wii but.
i got a wii for xmas and it just looks terrible. on wii sports the miis and like the bowling pins are just really jagged and the anti liasing thing jsut doesnt appear to do anything.

so i went out and bought the component cables, plugged them in and it has made no differance at all and im very dissapointed cos i love the wii.

i have put it on the edtv 480p and tried all the other settings and diffenrt settings on my tv and just dont know what to do. my tv is 40inch and when bowling it takes the whole screen up and you cant even see the pins down the lane, its just a mass of blur.
mario party 8 is the same.

please help. thanks
Unlucky man. When I got my HDTV a few days ago, it made my Wii look like my xbox 360 and my xbox 360 look like real life :yesnod:

sremick said:
You said you had your Wii hooked up to your TV with no cables, plain and simple. Someone who makes up their own spelling and can't communicate a simple idea clearly should be wary of accusing others of lacking brain cells.
what the hell is your problem, p**s off

Post some images or a video. Beauty is in the eye of beholder so if you got used to a higher -res. graphic, of course that wii sports looks bad. However, it is more likely that your HDTV setup has to be altered a bit. Download Metroid Prime - The corruption demo from VC, or better yet buy some decent games. Wii sports game(s) are only there to demonstrate playability of the wii not to fascinate with a kick-ass graphic.

it might just be your TV honestly, it isnt your wii. maybe tr changing screen setting to a smaller one

I have a Digimate 32" LCD HDTV and the graphics on pretty much every game have pixelled edges. Especially on Mii's, I use the Official Nintendo Component Cables too. But even if I'm using the Standard Scart Cables the graphics are still roughly the same. I just thought this was normal with the Wii on an HDTV, I thought the reason it couldn't have all objects smooth was because the console isn't powerful enough like the Xbox 360. But in some games such as "Metroid Prime 3" and "Super Mario Galaxy" (Which have nice graphics) have some really great looking objects for an HDTV.

But this fact only really bothers me a little bit, because the Wii is an awesome console with great games. And I'm mostly happy with the TV I play it on due to the fact I used to have a crappy little 19" SD TV. :p

No offence to anyone but it seems like you all go for graphics but yet you all say you dont but it is obviously true that you do i dont care about graphics i still play psone and dreamcast games and they dont have mint graphics but i dont care they have great games. games are what makes a console not the graphics

NWiiReaper said:
No offence to anyone but it seems like you all go for graphics but yet you all say you dont but it is obviously true that you do i dont care about graphics i still play psone and dreamcast games and they dont have mint graphics but i dont care they have great games. games are what makes a console not the graphics
They are not complaining about the actual graphics, they are complaining about it not looking as good as it could on their screen.

My Wii looks fantastic on mine.

HPIM1569.JPG

HPIM1562.JPG

HPIM1565.JPG

HPIM1570.JPG

HPIM1572.JPG

herte are some pics. double click on them to enlarge

damofr said:
herte are some pics. double click on them to enlarge
I see what you mean.

Have you tried lowering the contrast? Or setting it to Movie mode?

Back