Wii Online FAQ

therepwii said:
Hello!!! Help!!

make sure after u resync it to see if the pointer is on the screen. if that does work then try to get the best alkaline batteries u can. thats sure to work.

Natalice said:
:wtf: i dont get this whole 'wii chat' thing i have read everything and still nothing

wat u mean u dont get the whole 'wii chat' thing? this is a place to learn more about the wii: like wii online gaming release and the best wii games. i mean wats not to get?

TheWhiteWii said:
whens the relece date for online play

if u go search for the release date of the first online game (blazing angels) for wii then youll get a pretty good idea of when online play comese. around the middle to end of march. possibly in the beginning of march if blazing angels cocmes out sooner than the 24th.

Conneting with my TV

I have an american Wii and I am trying to play it in England. My tv has NTSC playback but it will not find the Wii. Any suggestions?

kavanagh said:
I have an american Wii and I am trying to play it in England. My tv has NTSC playback but it will not find the Wii. Any suggestions?

do u mean the picture of the wii menu wont show up? if thats the case then make sure u have it all hooked up right to the tv. the wii was made for jus about every tv.

kavanagh said:
My Tv won't show anything, just says 'No signal'.

ive never heard of that happening but have u tried troobleshooting?

wiiplaytogether1 said:
Can I play with random people?
Do I have to use friend codes everytime I play?

wii online play IS GONNA HAVE lobbys. i say this b/c 1. u wont have to kepp re-entering a new friend code for each online game. and 2. every 1 online game will have the same friend code. so for a game that can fit 100 people online like everquest or socom, once u put in the game, u will begin wit 100 people logged onto that one game. for instance in blazing angels (1st online game for wii in america- 16 players online in 1 game) once u log into ur username then u will have a max of 16 players for that game. so to answer ur question simply no u dont need to re-enter a friend code for a wii game unless that game can connect to the DS.

Rangerkeeper3 said:
how do i get the wii internet hook up

go to wii settings. click internet. connection 1. search for an access point. click on the one u want preferably the one with the open lock. test connection. ur online.

minismok said:
wii online play IS GONNA HAVE lobbys. i say this b/c 1. u wont have to kepp re-entering a new friend code for each online game. and 2. every 1 online game will have the same friend code. so for a game that can fit 100 people online like everquest or socom, once u put in the game, u will begin wit 100 people logged onto that one game. for instance in blazing angels (1st online game for wii in america- 16 players online in 1 game) once u log into ur username then u will have a max of 16 players for that game. so to answer ur question simply no u dont need to re-enter a friend code for a wii game unless that game can connect to the DS.
Thanks a lot!:thumbsup:

I was just nervous because the EGM:eek:ut: magazine was bashing on wii online play

i want to get my wii online so i was thinking about buying the Wi-Fi usb adapte however i read somewhere that it isnt compatible with AOL which is what i have. Anyone know if this is true or not? Would apreciate it :p

Back