Wii owners are babies!!

I believe the idea of the Wii is to unite all ages together. So that we can play together in FAMILY, with FRIENDS. And not like some selfish, anti-social person who only sees his game on the scrren and nothing else.
I have seen and had the first 8 bit computer (Spectrum,MSX,C64,...), then the 16 bit ones,.... until the Wii. And most of the games are playing alone, the multiplayer option game around much later.

I believe the Wii has made it to a great family-console. Where the most important thing is having fun. Like the old days where we all gathered round a boardgame (surely all the 30+ under us remember those days, right).

M$ has it completely wrong. They are just jalous, nothing more.....
and nothing less.

I've had my Wii for over a month now and I love the thing! I've been browsing this forum since my second day of ownership..... the wonders of google.... I have finally registered just to reply to this thread. I am 37 and I have strayed from nintendo since the old SNES console, have had the TELSAR (thats the old table tennis)ATARI ,NES, SNES, SEGA,SEGA GENISIS,SEGA CD,PLAYSTATION, PLAYSTATION 2... and now Wii. I can honestly say gameplay on the Wii has brought a level of joy in gameplay that I don't think I have ever experienced with any other console. My initial purchase was a console, Zelda, Elebits, and Sponge Bob.
Elebits and SpongeBob where intended to be for my twin 6 year old "kidies". Well something crazy happened! I picked up the wiimote and started in with Elebits with my kids..... before long (great daddy that I am) I was pushing my kids aside and hogging the Wii. So.... who is to say what games are "KIDDIE" and what games are not... certain elements and style of gameplay attract different people for different reasons. Your cup of tea may be ***** slapping a shop keeper for protection money or it may be searching under every rock and shrub for some spare rupee's so you can get some more lamp oil....(boy that stuff gets used up quick). The nutshell of what i'm trying to say is ... screw what these people are saying.... there are just lashing out because they failed to do what Nintendo is doing. Bring gaming to a larger demographic... and bring the whole family into it. Game night at my place has been nearly entirely replaced by Wii night. Well enough of my rant and thank you all for some great info I've gotten from this site!

The irony is that the only people who are likely to care about this are immature kids about the age of 14. And I'm pretty sure that was the aim of the comment, to stigmatize the Wii for 14 year old kids, and persuade them into buying a 360. For the record I am 30 and own a Wii, my first ever console. I have played PC games for the last 15 years and before that played games on an Amiga and before that Spectrum 48K. I hate playing FPS games on a regular controller (I will probably hate playing them on the wiimote to) and so never was really interested in games like Halo etc.

That article is bull ****, I am 14 and I think I've grown out of the stupid X-Box 360 and PS3, not the Wii....

Well im 16, and I love the Wii. I mean, sure, you can't say it's the greatest console all around, because no console is the greatest all around. But the Wii just is way more fun then any real game, it puts you in the game, sure the graphics aren't that great, but who gives a **** if the games are fun right? People worry too much about media, screw that, bring gaming back to being fun, thats where the console war's gonna really show who wins.

Back