Wii shortages over?

Phatern

WiiChat Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm just wondering if it has been any easier for any of you guys to find a Wii or if you have seen more. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and when I picked it up, there were two others, and Wal-mart said they got them in two days before that. Yesterday I went back into the same Wal-mart and they had 5 Wiis! It's not like they were hidden either, you would clearly see them in the Wii display case before you entered the electronics. Has any of this been the case with you guys?

I HEARD WAL-MART WAS STOCKING WIIS!!!

I honestly don't know. It seems like more and more people in my development are getting them. I got mine for christmas. My dad got it at Toys R Us and they only had 35 at the time.

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks

i'm trying to find one for my friend. i've checked out everywhere. they don't have it in my area. amazon sells it for like 320 or something like that.

so as far as i'm concerned it's still a rare item at this moment.

no i cant find one and i called everywhere im still looking i want one form bestbuy becasuse i got 75 dollar giftcard

toys r us is nice. they actually told me when the wii was coming. other places is just a one liner - "don't know" or "nope and i don't know".

gamefreak4 said:
I HEARD WAL-MART WAS STOCKING WIIS!!!

I honestly don't know. It seems like more and more people in my development are getting them. I got mine for christmas. My dad got it at Toys R Us and they only had 35 at the time.

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks
very true i walked in and just picked one up... they had like 9 in stock!!!!!

Well, I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, and I went to the electronics section looking for some Wii games. There was one Wii left there in the display case and probably 30 seconds later a kids dad bought it for him for passing grade 6. Five minutes later they had 3 more in the case. I left for about 20 minutes to get something to eat and then I went back to buy NFS Carbon on Wii. I looked in the display case and they were all gone :thumbsup:

The Wal-Mart here locally gets about 7-10 in every other week, so the shortage here is closing its gap quite swiftly.

The shortage is not over by far. There are a few areas around the country where the store keeps them in stock for a couple days but the allocation is then adjusted so that hot areas get more.

In California its still very hard to find one in stock without showing up on the exact day the new advertisements come out or the morning of a shipment.

Other forums have insider information about this and can help you to know exactly where to be and at what time. This is how I got my Wii :)

ha, yesterday i went into my fav gamestop to check on the bigs release date and my pokemon pre-order and i asked him about it and he says that they still get 5-10 people a weekDAY asking about them. they're still sold out and even though they receive shipments weekly, they're off the shelves in about an hour or two. its madness. hopefully by the time i can work there it will have settled down some.

At the moment, its still very hard to get a Wii,...but within the next couple of months, Ninendo have promised to manufacture more wii's so it should get easier. Be patient, trust me.

Back