Wii VC Hacked

FearTheWii said:
PS3 games soon gonna be 100$. thats y nobodys gettin it. PS3 SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wii games in Australia already cost $99 and one that i saw cost $110

Zelda Twilight Princess cost me $99 at EB Games yesterday and the shopping around I did, didnt find any cheaper..

-- Jim.

jamesjw said:
Wii games in Australia already cost $99 and one that i saw cost $110

Zelda Twilight Princess cost me $99 at EB Games yesterday and the shopping around I did, didnt find any cheaper..

-- Jim.

Is that 99$ in USD coin???

gibsonrocker800 said:
i think that the prices are a tiny bit too high, but if you think about it... its worth it. because once you buy a game, you pretty much have it forever. for those of us who own working NES, SNES, N64, etc... we might think that we dont need to buy the games for VC, but these systems can just stop working any minute, like my NES. luckily my N64 is still working nicely, but im still gonna get Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time (when it comes out).

I can agree with - if you want to have the game on your wii you should pay for it. If you already own the game then you can play it anyway on its original system. There is also a company that made a replacement for the NES/SNES that does indeed work and accepts both cartridges as well. Ever heard of a convenience store? VC is kind of a convenience store in a way if you own the title but want the ability to play it from your wii then you may buy it and do so---if not then play it where it was originally meant to be played. If your that against them charging the price they chose for the games then simply voice your opinion by NOT purchasing them. If no one buys they will lower the prices.

I'm not saying dont voice your opinions here BUT the best statement you can make is by boycotting the service. If you buy one then you are showing them that the prices are ok. It is your choice to make the purchase not theirs.

I own all the titles I want for the n64, snes and have the original equipment to play them and I still do but I DO like the convenience of playing them on my Wii so I'll gladly buy the ones that I want.

As for the poster who stated its always profit---bandwidth does cost money---as well as storage space, backups of hard drives and not to mention the cost of maintaining the servers that host the files. Nintendo DOES have to spend lots of money to support its Virtual Console service---just because the games are already made doesnt mean they dont pay employees to complete tasks for the service as well as the servers and bandwidth used.

I agree with acphydro...more than paying $5 for a title made in 1986...you are paying for bandwidth and storage being used in 2006+ I guess the convenience store analogy fits, for the most part. it's just like iTunes, I'm willing to pay $2 for a show I could have watched for free (minus the cable service fee) on TV, simply because it's a convenience for me. I do however feel that an adjustment should be made at a later time on the price of some of the stuff on VC.

Sp00ks said:
I agree with acphydro...more than paying $5 for a title made in 1986...you are paying for bandwidth and storage being used in 2006+ I guess the convenience store analogy fits, for the most part. it's just like iTunes, I'm willing to pay $2 for a show I could have watched for free (minus the cable service fee) on TV, simply because it's a convenience for me. I do however feel that an adjustment should be made at a later time on the price of some of the stuff on VC.

We dont actually KNOW how their VC service works. I mean how much work goes into making the games actually work on the Wii? I could agree that if you own the original title you SHOULD be able to just give them a serial # or etc to download the game free of charge but that would just be a bonus. I bought the Wii almost exclusively for VC knowing that it would/could cost me upto $10/game. I dont know what I would do if some of my old carts or systems stopped functioning. I do have emulators and roms for the titles I own but nothing beats just turning on the console and picking the game and having it load right up with no problems at all.

If I need a gallon of milk I can go to a local store and pay $3.29 for it or I can go into the grocery store and get it for $2.09. Sometimes I go to the local store to get it. Nintendo knows that if you want it you will pay their price and since they have so many great games people will pay it. My parents paid $80 for Goldeneye when it first came out to get me it for my birthday. I was in love and if it were on VC I would buy it in a heartbeat for $10. To me the game is worth the money to be able to play it on my Wii for one and not to mention my Wii should outlast my n64.

You could also think of it this way. When games first come out they are around $50 right? What happens when they sell so many? They become platinum, players choice or greatest hits or whatever you want to call them. And you can pick them up for much cheaper than their original price.

This also applies to VC. You could think of the VC games as players choice games---granted not all people will agree with all games being that great. Case in point --- I bought Zelda Ocarina of Time for roughly $70 and eventually traded it for Majora's Mask then I wanted to play it again so I bought OOT for a mere $20 brand new as a players choice title. So say you own Goldeneye for n64 is it not worth the $10 it will cost on VC so that you can continue playing it even when your cartridge stops working or your system? Nothing lasts forever and I'll gladly pay a few bucks to keep some titles available to play.

I know I haven't fully [analogized] all aspects but these are most important at least to me and I bet a lot of people would agree with my analogies with VC. I realize that there will be flaws in any analogy because an analogy isnt a true comparison or a direct specific comparison but as I sit here and ponder this post I'm sure I'll think of many more analytical situations that either make more sense or none at all. But the bottom line is you dont have to pay the prices unless you want to and to some people it comes down to emotions and morals. I for one have no problems paying upto $10 for some titles I had awesome experiences with as a child and I'm sure I'll buy some I never got a chance to play.

I own tons of SNES and n64 games and will glady buy most of them on VC to play. It could be the beer talking but I for one am sure that if I deem a title overpriced I will not give them the money for it and that if I enjoy a game as much as I did back when I'll gladly pay to have the privilege to play it again on my Wii by choice.

Hey everyone, guess what. I'm willing to bet that by giving away VC games for free, Nintendo would be losing money. I don't mean losing profit, I mean they would be losing money. If they had a hundred dollars, they would probably end up with 50. You get what Im saying?

And please don't call me a moron. Do any of you know what a good server or two is worth? I didn't think so. I frequent another forum where they pay almost 700 dollars a month for dedicated server space. That's alot of money, even if you are someone like Nintendo. So why don't we keep supplying them with the funds that they need to provide us a service. If you don't agree then you obviously have no sense of logic.

We love Nintendo right. Well if we make them lose money, Nintendo stops existing. What are ya gonna do then huh? Go play your PlayStation 3. There, that oughta scare ya!

Actually, I must appologize. I didn't finish reading this topic and seems that some of you have very similar arguments to my own. To those people, I am sorry, but to everyone else, I am not.

Last edited:
DarkDepths said:
Hey everyone, guess what. I'm willing to bet that by giving away VC games for free, Nintendo would be losing money. I don't mean losing profit, I mean they would be losing money. If they had a hundred dollars, they would probably end up with 50. You get what Im saying?

And please don't call me a moron. Do any of you know what a good server or two is worth? I didn't think so. I frequent another forum where they pay almost 700 dollars a month for dedicated server space. That's alot of money, even if you are someone like Nintendo. So why don't we keep supplying them with the funds that they need to provide us a service. If you don't agree then you obviously have no sense of logic.

We love Nintendo right. Well if we make them lose money, Nintendo stops existing. What are ya gonna do then huh? Go play your PlayStation 3. There, that oughta scare ya!

Actually, I must appologize. I didn't finish reading this topic and seems that some of you have very similar arguments to my own. To those people, I am sorry, but to everyone else, I am not.

You bring up a very good point and I agree. Besides, if Nintendo sees that people are abusing the downloads rather than purchasing the VC games, Nintendo will probably invest less money in the VC library which will result in .... NO MORE GOOD GAMES.

Hopefully the majority of people reading this thread will share your logic.

fiveryanfrenzy said:
nintendo is a business providing us with a way to get and play these games, the price really isn't that bad for the hours you get out of it, why not just be honest and appreciate what they have done for us all these years?:confused:

it's their business that they've created and set up, you can't simply come up with some argument to justify stealing or 'hacking' to get free games, what right do you have to do what you want with something that doesn't belong to you? pay for the right to play and be happy that they have supplied us with such entertainment and that they keep on doing so.:thumbsup:

There's no true justification to it.
It's just the fact that.
Why pay? When I can get it for free?
It's a philosophy of this day and age.
Has been for a long time.

FearTheWii said:
PS3 games soon gonna be 100$. thats y nobodys gettin it. PS3 SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for double posting but.
I realize that this is a Wii Forum and that most of us have Wiis.
I have one too.
And nothing against the PS3 or the Xbox.
I really have nothing against either system on which one's better or not.
It's just I can't stand when someone goes " LOL OMFG TEH PS3 IS TEH U R A HAX0R LOL WII ROX0RS N00B."
It's just uncalled for.
Both systems have their ups and downs.
I like the Wii more but seriously. WTF.

Seibar said:
like i said, the data on the sd card doesnt = free game.

f zero was not cracked, someone simply uploaded their file. which technically does 'work dl'n to the sd', you cant play the game.

i went to digg.com, read all the torrent posts.

maybe next week.

if the ID the the wii recognizes can be hacked from a PC, then the channel can be copied from SD to Wii... jsut try copying a channel from your wii to an sd, delete the channel on your wii, then load it back from the sd... it will work. so all that has to be done it to figure out how to manipulate the ID code within the VC-rom channel from a pc, off the sd card.

its only a matter of time before a program is made where the average user can do this from their home.

its the same thing that came about with all other platforms, cds, dvd, etc. rules are made to be broken.

blueradio said:
There's no true justification to it.
It's just the fact that.
Why pay? When I can get it for free?
It's a philosophy of this day and age.
Has been for a long time.

Nice philosophy. Why pay for food, transportation, movies, or music when you can take it without paying? Stealing is awesome.

im curious

i will continue to try to hack the vc games along with the wii in anyway i can... for one reason, im curious.

i do it with almost everything i own (within reason)

for the record, i payed for 7 vc games now... and after i find a way to get them for free, i will continue to pay for them.

i respect nintendo, and i support companys that i respect

Back