Wii VC Hacked

StepOnfrog said:
Sorry. You rant on about an 'Extreme' analogy, yet in this post you are essentially defending your 'analogy' (tends to be more of a direct statement of you you belief, rather than analogy) with yet another statement...

Pfft!

You never finsished round 1 or 2, how can you be ready for round 3.? We're still waiting for a decent enough explaination to your blarb about stealing and rape, especially now that ...

... has given a more worded definition to your essential rant. :ciappa: All you replied to this was that you had previously posted...

... but, then returning to the original subject of this current post...

...seems your argument is starting to run round in circles....

:frown2:

I can easily understand your need to crack the encryption on VC games... But, I really do shake my head <shakes head & frowns> at your sweeping statement RE: stealing & rape, especially when you try to disguise it as an analogy. <still not happy at your children stealing food = raping - rant>

Right, I'm off to my own forum to moan my 'nads off about this... <back shortly>

:D

Of course I'll defend my own posts---thats common sense. The major point you failed to see of the [extreme analogy] is a crime is a crime in theory. That is not a belief that is fact. People can analyze and generate ideas all day long and these threads can go on forever and ever. You claim a [decent] explanation is needed or you are waiting to hear one, yet what is decent to you may not be decent enough to others. If you still can't understand what has been written above, then I don't think you will be able to fully understand what exactly we are talking about here which is why it is starting to sound like you are getting confused.

Round 2 ended with most of your post. Round 3 started near the end when you began getting confused about the subject. "...seems your argument is starting to run round in circles...." If it helps---think of it as more of a post to show you what can happen when an extreme comparison is made and is true theoretically. It will upset a few people and they will need a long time to think about it and will post arguments that have no merit to it. Stealing is stealing it doesnt matter what you take, if you have taken it then you have taken it. My post clearly stated that the punishment should be the same for the crimes of the same type.

You rape someone you get 5 years, you steal something you get 5 years. Which brings us to another point---there are always flaws in any argument EVEN if you can provide PROOF, because someone will always be able to get around your argument with something of their own.

So I suggest to re-read the last paragraph in the post about [rape] that I made and pay close attention the closing statement. Don't take it as a specific situation, re-read it until you understand how the same basic principle applies to theft.

That being said, I don't have a need to crack encryption for Virtual Console as I will purchase the software I intend to use. Any other method not endorsed by Nintendo for their software would be obtained in an illegal way, whether it be stealing, rape, etc. The software isn't overpriced in the first place, which tells us that anyone wanting to play for free is a rapist by your understanding of my post. We are talking theoretically here. That should shed some light on the subject for you :D

edit: it is possible that calling it an analogy should have been avoided --- as it could be considered a theoretical analogy or anything other than a true 1:1 analogy.

Last edited:
"theoretical", "analogy", two words that should be not be used in describing your direct comparison of theft to rape.

Describe what nintendo has been deprived of by copying their software? I wouldn't have bothered to go down this path but now you've said it I'm intrigued.

I spout definitions because it's really quite hard to understand what you're talking about when you're using your own special superset of english, it'd be nice if you used the accepted norms ;-)

You can preach that piracy is as bad as stealing till you're blue in the face, I don't mind, that's your opinion and while I don't totally agree with you I certainly understand it.
However it does irk me when people try to say that piracy IS stealing, it's clearly not.
And as for the rape post.. well I just had to respond to that insanity.

Right,

Firstly, you will do wise not to imply me to be thick, unintelligent, stupid, or anything else again! Certainly, if you need to show your transparency... then who would I be to stop you, eh?

Secondly, thanks for urging me to re-read the whole of this thread right from the very begining, and to pay particular attention to your posts. It makes great reading, especially when you make a post, then reply to the following reply with such a long waffle about all and sundry. Implying that you are soooo full of knowledge really doesn't make you look any more intelligent, or important (even with lengthy sentences full of ripe language that tend to lack here and there as though you've forgotten to keep the act up, or something), or both depending on how you view yourself.

And, view yourself you do, don't you!? (Yes, this is a question within a statement. I'm allowed, cos I ain't talking cr*p)

Seriously, I'm laughing my 'nads off..!

I really was going to point everything out to everyone about your posts and how you write, how you should write, why and how you have reached the point of implying me with a lack of intelligence, but considering members are being kicked for much less, I won't waste my time on you... But be assured, if you wan't to continue implying negative things about me...

Anyway, after re-reading, as you suggested, I still come to the same conclusions plus more. I hadn't realised that *something* about you, but now that I have, I can see your posts in the light they're not intended to be viewed with. And, it's very typical the way you post and repost, for you are very similar to a few *subjects* that I know.

And, no. I'm not being cryptic just to make myself sound as though I know something (things) about you, and hide the possibility that I don't know jack about you at all. I'm being ethical for your sake, and in the same breath (or keys) implying that others should perhaps take the opportunity to re-read the whole of this thread (as you suggest I). The penny dropped for me when I came across a thread that stated exactly the same as the general feelings I've been picking up from your postings... I knew then that it wasn't me just being thick, or dense, or just not reading your posts as you initially intended.

My question after your next post may very well begin with 'Do you feel...', or 'Tell me of your feelings regarding...'

-------------------------------------
So, now back to the post...

I'm gonna stop here, not for your sake, but because I'm seriously bored with you.. I keep intending to write something (in fact, I've written loads, and then erased it because I would likely be kicked from this forum), and then I think to myself 'why bother...?' I know exactly how, and why you write the way you do, I have no need to back myself up.

But, as for the theft = rape [Extreme] analogy, can you really not see that YOU CANNOT STEAL SEX. Rape is the act itself - forceful unagreed sex (to put it bluntly). You state Stealing is equal to Rape, uh? How and why you asked.... Oh, how I laughed... I can guarantee others did too, after being disgusted.

Yes, I can reply to your last post in full, and very well, too. I just cannot be bothered with you. Showing your light and intention by implying me with a lack of intelligence... pffft!

Round 1, 2 & 3... pffft!

Classing Rape and Theft together because you get the same 5 year sentence... pffft!

Thinking you're only writing to me with that 'looking down your nose at me' kiind of tone, when in principal you're doing exactly the same to a LOT of poeple... pffff!

Re-arranging your statement in that you have no NEED to hack a VC game, when in fact you had originally stated that you were going to keep hacking *a VC game* until you cracked it.... pffft!

May I suggest you actually take a spoon of your own medicine and go back to re-read your own posts and replies?

Pfffft!

fiveryanfrenzy said:
nintendo is a business providing us with a way to get and play these games, the price really isn't that bad for the hours you get out of it, why not just be honest and appreciate what they have done for us all these years?:confused:

it's their business that they've created and set up, you can't simply come up with some argument to justify stealing or 'hacking' to get free games, what right do you have to do what you want with something that doesn't belong to you? pay for the right to play and be happy that they have supplied us with such entertainment and that they keep on doing so.:thumbsup:

That's nice, except that Nintendo needs to realize that not many people are going to buy a whole bunch of their games (unless they're uber WoW nerds who play video games all day) because ROMs are available for free for your computer. I would pay $5 for N64 games, $2 for SNES games, and $1 for NES games. $10 for one N64 game is not worth the classic feeling of sitting in front of the television holding a classic controller.

The VC Games can be downloaded anywhere!
Honestly almost all the roms out there carry these games.
If you can get them for free on your PC why not your Wii?

blueradio said:
The VC Games can be downloaded anywhere!
Honestly almost all the roms out there carry these games.
If you can get them for free on your PC why not your Wii?

Probably because that method isn't exactly legal :)

-- Jim.

Sucks that I have to download the original Zelda for each of my consoles...but hey, its only $15...not bad I guess...

Seeing how I own/Owned Most of these game I dont see why we should not be getting them for Free. I really think 100 Wii pionts should come with any Wii accessories and games that would be cool seeing how I need to go and get 3 more Classic Contollers, 3 More Nunchucks and 2 more Wii remotes and Im going to get Wii Play this month so thats 900 Wiipionts I would be getting it would be nice seeing how I want to get Mario Kart when it comes out.

JerrodDRagon:

It's because you paid for a version for a different console, to make it work on the wii they've had to spend developer man hours to get it working, so I don't begrudge them that even if the price is a little high.
You're paying for the convenience of playing it on the wii, you're not paying for the game.

Canumbler said:
JerrodDRagon:

It's because you paid for a version for a different console, to make it work on the wii they've had to spend developer man hours to get it working, so I don't begrudge them that even if the price is a little high.
You're paying for the convenience of playing it on the wii, you're not paying for the game.

It's obviously not that hard seeing that there are emulators and ROMs for free.

kissoff182:

You just proved you are not a programmer...
Those emulators have gotten to the point they are over a DECADE of volunteer hobbyists working in their spare time, if you were to convert that to man-hours it would be a significant cost.
As well as this, those emulators run on standardised PC hardware/OS, and therefore half of the stuff is already written (Operating systems do a LOT of work), whereas the wii is proprietary software and hardware and therefore the virtual console is a hell of a lot bigger than any emulator you've ever seen.
Oh, and chuck in the VC is emulating multiple platforms, so multiply by three.

As well as that, they are hosting the VC downloads etc and provide support for them via updates.
I do think the games are overpriced, but your impression of how much effort is put into VC is just insanely simplistic.

Canumbler said:
kissoff182:

You just proved you are not a programmer...

lolololololol

On the contrary, I like being a rarity: a comp sci major with a vagina. =) I only know C++, but I'll be learning more very soon.

Last edited:
acphydro said:
Now this is an EXTREME analogy or take on the subject.

If you are going to steal software, digital content, movies, music, or anything you may as well be committing rape. WHAT you say? HOW?

Well in the US prostitution is illegal, but that doesnt mean you can just STEAL tacos.[to not offend anyone we'll call it taco] That is considered rape right? The person is not willing and you forcefully take it anyway. That is stealing and rape---rape is stealing. Now wait...what did I steal---oh yes--- secretions.

Nintendo isnt willing to give you their software for free, so in essence you are raping them if you steal. Pretty much if you steal anything you may as well have committed rape and I strongly agree that people doing so should undergo the same type of punishment.

A lot of people will call BS on this because its not the EXACT same situation but the analogy is proper and what I have said are in fact STATEMENTS that are true beyond doubt. It's not the exact situation as I stated earlier however most of us should be intelligent enough to comprehend what it is I am saying and that is: Prostitutes generally cost a lot of money, but that doesnt mean that taking the taco makes it an alright way to express your opinion about it the same rules apply to software believe it or not!!!

That was fu<king stupid

SamuS said:
That was fu<king stupid

Most of its point exactly. You can go on and on about things on most of these forums. When you end up where you started you realize that its pointless to keep trying to make people understand.

StepOnfrog said:
Right,

Firstly, you will do wise not to imply me to be thick, unintelligent, stupid, or anything else again! Certainly, if you need to show your transparency... then who would I be to stop you, eh?

Secondly, thanks for urging me to re-read the whole of this thread right from the very begining, and to pay particular attention to your posts. It makes great reading, especially when you make a post, then reply to the following reply with such a long waffle about all and sundry. Implying that you are soooo full of knowledge really doesn't make you look any more intelligent, or important (even with lengthy sentences full of ripe language that tend to lack here and there as though you've forgotten to keep the act up, or something), or both depending on how you view yourself.

And, view yourself you do, don't you!? (Yes, this is a question within a statement. I'm allowed, cos I ain't talking cr*p)

Seriously, I'm laughing my 'nads off..!

I really was going to point everything out to everyone about your posts and how you write, how you should write, why and how you have reached the point of implying me with a lack of intelligence, but considering members are being kicked for much less, I won't waste my time on you... But be assured, if you wan't to continue implying negative things about me...

Anyway, after re-reading, as you suggested, I still come to the same conclusions plus more. I hadn't realised that *something* about you, but now that I have, I can see your posts in the light they're not intended to be viewed with. And, it's very typical the way you post and repost, for you are very similar to a few *subjects* that I know.

And, no. I'm not being cryptic just to make myself sound as though I know something (things) about you, and hide the possibility that I don't know jack about you at all. I'm being ethical for your sake, and in the same breath (or keys) implying that others should perhaps take the opportunity to re-read the whole of this thread (as you suggest I). The penny dropped for me when I came across a thread that stated exactly the same as the general feelings I've been picking up from your postings... I knew then that it wasn't me just being thick, or dense, or just not reading your posts as you initially intended.

My question after your next post may very well begin with 'Do you feel...', or 'Tell me of your feelings regarding...'

-------------------------------------
So, now back to the post...

I'm gonna stop here, not for your sake, but because I'm seriously bored with you.. I keep intending to write something (in fact, I've written loads, and then erased it because I would likely be kicked from this forum), and then I think to myself 'why bother...?' I know exactly how, and why you write the way you do, I have no need to back myself up.

But, as for the theft = rape [Extreme] analogy, can you really not see that YOU CANNOT STEAL SEX. Rape is the act itself - forceful unagreed sex (to put it bluntly). You state Stealing is equal to Rape, uh? How and why you asked.... Oh, how I laughed... I can guarantee others did too, after being disgusted.

Yes, I can reply to your last post in full, and very well, too. I just cannot be bothered with you. Showing your light and intention by implying me with a lack of intelligence... pffft!

Round 1, 2 & 3... pffft!

Classing Rape and Theft together because you get the same 5 year sentence... pffft!

Thinking you're only writing to me with that 'looking down your nose at me' kiind of tone, when in principal you're doing exactly the same to a LOT of poeple... pffff!

Re-arranging your statement in that you have no NEED to hack a VC game, when in fact you had originally stated that you were going to keep hacking *a VC game* until you cracked it.... pffft!

May I suggest you actually take a spoon of your own medicine and go back to re-read your own posts and replies?

Pfffft!

I'm not implying anything, after reading your post it appeared as if the subject confused you and I was merely trying to shed some light on the subject for you. If you weren't confused, then sorry.

"Implying that you are soooo full of knowledge really doesn't make you look any more intelligent, or important (even with lengthy sentences full of ripe language that tend to lack here and there as though you've forgotten to keep the act up, or something)"

I could hereby propose the same statement to you or about you regarding your posts.

"I won't waste my time on you... But be assured, if you wan't to continue implying negative things about me..."

They always say opposites attract dont they? Perhaps this is why you feel this way and continue to ramble on. I'm not trying to imply negative things about you, thats just how you are taking them. That's a downfall of a computer based forum. You can't see the face of the one doing the talking and as such you can misinterpret many things about what is being said, because in this world many people talk with emotion and with the lack of being able to see that emotion things can become confusing for some. If I think you are [stupid], [unintelligent], a [moron] then I will say so without trying to imply it. There isn't anything you could ever do about it anyway.

"I know exactly how, and why you write the way you do, I have no need to back myself up."

That my friend is good. Maybe by now you have realized that I am overly sarcastic in general.

"But, as for the theft = rape [Extreme] analogy, can you really not see that YOU CANNOT STEAL SEX. Rape is the act itself - forceful unagreed sex (to put it bluntly). You state Stealing is equal to Rape, uh? How and why you asked.... Oh, how I laughed... I can guarantee others did too, after being disgusted."

I laughed probably as hard as you did when I was writing it. But could you consider the possibility that if you rape someone that you ARE stealing something from them? You seem intelligent enough to come up with arguments, so how hard is it for you to see that you may or may not be stealing something from someone if you rape them? This is obviously a touchy subject for you and 1-2 others so I'll leave it at that.

"Re-arranging your statement in that you have no NEED to hack a VC game, when in fact you had originally stated that you were going to keep hacking *a VC game* until you cracked it.... pffft!"

I never stated that I was going to keep hacking a VC game until I cracked it.

Just as you don't know me I don't know you, but from reading your posts I can gather that you tend to take matters too personal at least from the forum's point of view. Maybe you are trying to imply false threats as well now, I really don't know nor do I really care but its what it looks like. Anyhow I can be one to admit things. I can understand your view on the rape post, its not my fault that you can't comprehend my side of the post or what was supposed to be gathered from it, although I've already told you. I, too am starting to feel as if this is wasting time, at least with you. Because if you really can't comprehend what is being said there is no need to go on about it. This isn't implying anything you have proven this to be true at least from your own point of view. :thumbsup:

Back