Wii VC Hacked

wouldnt getting free vc games off this website be some kind of illegal action that if nintendo knew about they could do somthing, because i know getting ROMs off the internet is illegal unless you own that game in the first place and thats how i played Kirby and the amazing mirror free without having to replace my old one that broke. Im thinking of the worst but nintendo could bann VC game buying because of misusage. And im not sure how big vc games are but i do know that most of em are bigger than 1 MG so you would have to buy a realy good SD card too.

Canumbler said:
"theoretical", "analogy", two words that should be not be used in describing your direct comparison of theft to rape.

Describe what nintendo has been deprived of by copying their software? I wouldn't have bothered to go down this path but now you've said it I'm intrigued.

I spout definitions because it's really quite hard to understand what you're talking about when you're using your own special superset of english, it'd be nice if you used the accepted norms ;-)

You can preach that piracy is as bad as stealing till you're blue in the face, I don't mind, that's your opinion and while I don't totally agree with you I certainly understand it.
However it does irk me when people try to say that piracy IS stealing, it's clearly not.
And as for the rape post.. well I just had to respond to that insanity.

That's a part of the problem with conversation. There is no such thing as an accepted norm. Here in the US we are "free". I am free to believe, free to speak, free to express in anyway I want to. Being that I don't live in Australia I can't really know what is accepted there or not and you would do good to realize that.

First of all Nintendo has copyrights and user agreements in place that are supposed to protect their software from being altered. From your point of view and Frog's, I could easily argue my way out of stealing anything. You/We can always find a technicality or some offbeat method of getting around anything. You deprive nintendo of support for their products that you obviously enjoy. That's the only thing I really need to say about that as, that is fact. You also deprive them of their rights to control how their software is obtained. Those are broader deprivations that can be agrued of course but will always lead back to square one. Yet they are true.

Neither side has any way of proving that piracy is stealing or that it is not. That's why we are/were debating it. Maybe it "irks" those of us who thinks and believes that it is.

If piracy is not stealing, then why do companies pursue legal action against it. Wouldn't the companies themselves understand that the people [obtaining free access to their software, music or etc] weren't going to pay for it in the first place? Why do they care if emulation software and rom files exist? Surely they care for their own reasons. You must be depriving them of something or another for them to want to take action against it. Why are they trying to stop piracy if its not hurting anyone?

Try that one Frog :prrr:

jamesjw said:
Heh sorry I should have stated the currency, tis Australian Dollars (AUD) so $99 probably translates down to $75 USD

--Jim

Glad I don't live there. I was able to get a used one in mint condition with guide book for $40 CAD.

*yawn* a fallacious argument if I ever heard one, you cannot deprive someone of something they did not have in the first place.
What you are effectively saying is that you deprived them of your business, an amusing definition of stealing and one I hope doesn't catch on.

The accepted norms are written down in the dictionary for your perusal, here on the internets it's nice to try and use words that actually mean what you're trying to say as, as you've said, you can't see someone's face over the internet.
Oh and don't give me that crap about the US being more "free" with language, the english language was in constant evolution a thousand years before there WAS a US, you think Australians are restrictive with language? Have you ever even HEARD and aussie speak?!
But here we were talking about a legal concept, you'll note that lawyers do not stuff around with language because it would then be possible to interpret what they're saying in the wrong way, same deal here.

For your information, companies do not pursue legal action for piracy, as, because it's not stealing, it is not illegal.
They pursue CIVIL action against you, suing for damages.

Last edited:
kissoff182 said:
lolololololol

On the contrary, I like being a rarity: a comp sci major with a vagina. =) I only know C++, but I'll be learning more very soon.

Not actually that rare at my university, merely a minority ;-)

I'll assume you're a first year then anyway.

Ask your comp theory teacher about how complex writing virtual machine software like the VC would be.

It's effectively an entire operating system, but written to support the programs of THREE other operating systems. It's non-trivial believe me.

Canumbler said:

Ask your comp theory teacher about how complex writing virtual machine software like the VC would be.

It's effectively an entire operating system, but written to support the programs of THREE other operating systems. It's non-trivial believe me.

How many of the females at your school are CS majors AND hot, like me, though?

Jay kay, jay kay.

That are hot? Oh.. 4 or 5, out of a couple of hundred.

We tend to end up with multimedia systems people in some of our more basic programming courses too, now they have a much more even distribution.

Canumbler said:
*yawn* a fallacious argument if I ever heard one, you cannot deprive someone of something they did not have in the first place.
What you are effectively saying is that you deprived them of your business, an amusing definition of stealing and one I hope doesn't catch on.

Being that the rest of your statement is false for the most part I'll respond to this. I am extremely disappointed in you. How can you claim that Nintendo didn't have their own software in the first place? Who do you think made it?!?!?

You are implying that if my friend obtains a copy of something from a major company without permission and I obtain it from him that I am not doing anything wrong to the said company as they didn't have it. Therefore I'll have my friend copy personal information about your family digitally from your company and he'll use it for something, then I'll obtain that information from him. I've done nothing wrong though since you didn't "have it in the first place". That is just totally absurd. How can you even possibly think that Nintendo didn't have their own creations? lol

Why would I think that you didn't have your own belongings? Same applies if it were one of your [inventions that you were trying to sell]. The main source is Nintendo here no matter how you slice it lol.

Ok I'll stop there for your sake, I can't stop laughing about how insanely terrible that sounded. I just can't get over how you you would think that Nintendo never had it in the first place. That being said it still makes you an accessory to the crime.

I'd also just like to point out that stealing is illegal not sure why you'd think it wasn't. Same as piracy. For your last sentence......

Bottom line no matter how you look at it is ---if you are pirating you are stealing in some shape or form. No matter what arguments you make to justify yourself, you are in fact stealing or an accessory to the person who stole the material.

i cant do it i have try and it dosent work HELPPPPPPPP

Jesus h christ, you can't deprive them of their software by COPYING it can you?
I never said it wasn't wrong, I said it's not stealing, your reading comprehension (and your comprehension of life in general) needs some work.
Piracy is NOT illegal, you can look it up, but it is not illegal in either the US or Aus.
Nice to see you came up with a few more ridiculous and inapplicable comparisons though, keep it up, you could work for fox news someday.

Canumbler said:

I agree, whilst not an expert on the subject - Emulating any CPU with another is not trivial to do, and when your having to emulate graphics hardware (no matter now advanced) as well as sound and controller hardware.

I'd hate to have the job of doing that.

-- Jim.

Canumbler said:
Jesus h christ, you can't deprive them of their software by COPYING it can you?
I never said it wasn't wrong, I said it's not stealing, your reading comprehension (and your comprehension of life in general) needs some work.
Piracy is NOT illegal, you can look it up, but it is not illegal in either the US or Aus.
Nice to see you came up with a few more ridiculous and inapplicable comparisons though, keep it up, you could work for fox news someday.

http://www.techweb.com/encyclopedia/defineterm.jhtml?term=softwarepiracy
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx

You were implying that it is not wrong and not illegal when it clearly is. You now are starting to make absolutely no sense at all. If you copy software you are indeed depriving the company. Please read the definitions referenced to. If you like definitions so much those should keep you on your toes. Piracy is defined everywhere as being illegal, by companies and dictionaries/encyclopedias. Please provide your proof which shows piracy is not illegal.

If you fail to understand this you will only be further proving your stupidity. See when I bring in a definition or start spouting them off then it makes me right. I'll use them more often against people like you that are too dense to understand the truth.

People are going for illegal stuff to save 5-10 bucks.
Benjamin Franklin had a quote on that :thumbsup:
And boy is he right.

Seriously. Most of you here can get a job.
And that's like... 2 hours of your day? On minimum wage?

Every time you don't buy from McDonald's or Burger King, or some fast food place, you can get a NES VC game.

Oh the possibilities.

Back