wii vs. 360 JUST READ IT

chogs89

Wii searcher
Jan 2, 2007
Jersey
well originally i was going to get a 360 for christmas but than i decided i wanted a wii but my parents couldnt get me one so i got an ipod with the idea that i would just buy one after christmas and so far for the past two weeks I have been looking for a wii and obviously it hasn't paid off yet otherwise i would never have started this thread. i am now beginning to have some doubts about all of this effort i am putting into trying to get a wii and how i could just go get a 360 with no effort at all. so i was wondering what are the main pros and cons of wii vs 360 so give me everything you guys got.

I think your too rich owning an Ipod and now looking for a Wii. Kids are too rich these days. I was still playing on my Atari 2600 and 800 in the 90s.

Thats my 50 cent.

timthepig said:
I think your too rich owning an Ipod and now looking for a Wii. Kids are too rich these days. I was still playing on my Atari 2600 and 800 in the 90s.

Thats my 50 cent.

um well to let you no i work at dunkin donuts from 6 till closing everyday after school so that is how i am going to afford this buddy

Yeah. iPod got Christmas is a good gift. If it's your money for the Wii then ok but C'mon..

Anyways thats not the point...

Pros of Wii

- Totally different gameplay - A new experience

Cons

- None
- Internet isn't up yet maybe thats a con (Online Gaming that is)

And 360

-Everything is up as it's been out
-It's had more time to develop games etc
-Online play

Get both xD

well i wanted a wii so bad and manage to get 1 on the 22nd of dec but the first 5mins wasnt happy with it (my family maid me play wii sports when i was waiting to play zelda) and after playing wii sports i was hooked, zelda is the best game ive ever played and the wiimote/nunchuck add loads more to it. get a wii its worth the money. plus these people who are selling there wii to get 360, a least give the wii a year to get lots of amazing games out..... i want a 360 but i wasnt that pleased when i played it but thats just me.

Pros of wii:
Unique gameplay
fun games
zelda :p

Cons:
No online play(yet)
Smash bros isnt out :p
Not as powerful graphically

Pros of xbox:
Excellent graphics
online play
Multimedia
Been out for awhile so they have stuff down
gears of war

Cons:
Same kind of gameplay
Nothing really new besides graphics

Personally I would get both, my dad has a 360 and I have a wii, and they are both a blast.

I like the wii but i wish i got the 360 actually mainly becuase i've been playing online games for last few years and the wii aint got none and it aint got any of the online games i like to play planned, FPS and MMORPG but the 360 already has both and have the best of both to come.

Its up too you man, Im still trying to find a Wii...I dont have a 360 played it tho, and its quite fun. Wii tho, has free online, classic games, and Mario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have a job so I just buy basically w/e I feel like getting, so some kids aren't rich, they just have jobs.

If you are impatient and looking for a Wii and you start thinking about getting a 360, you must not really want a Wii that bad. I've been so patient about getting my Wii that its worth it all in the end. You should stick with the Wii in my opinion. But, thats just me.

I have the older xbox and have played the 360 regularly, the graphics are good as stated but for an all round play id go with the wii. I bought one for my son and stay on it as much as he does. Keep in mind that the wii plays all gamecube games without any adjustments. The 360 will only play a select older xbox games. The wii is still to new to compare it to the 360 online play, its coming for sure but if u wanna play online now...the 360 is what u want, im sure in a few months ppl will be playing online with the wii. But its all up to you. Look at it this way, we all here are only a drop in the bucket, if the wii wasnt as good as its stated, you could find one all over the place. So far they still are very very very scarce. Hope you choose the one you like, its not about the console, its about what you will be happy with !!

I have both systems.

Pros - Wii
Gets your a$$ of the couch.
Puts the FUN in gaming
Most games, you don't have to be an engineer to play. there FUN
Most ppl that don't enjoy games, will play the Wii. (say you wanna play with your G/F, and she wont play games, well she wont let you play after she starts on bowling.....well that was my problem)

Pros - 360
More mature games. Rainbow Six, Gears of War, Saints Row.
ONLINE PLAY - in all if you love online gaming, this takes the cake, even over the PS3.
Enjoy the Graphics? 720p-1080i

Conclusion: If you like/love online gaming, i suggest the 360. You wanna play games by your self that are fun or with others, get a Wii with Rayman and have fun trowing a cow in the air or trowing super bunnie. lol :D

i prefer the wii first because one of my favorite series is in there,zelda.
it actually change way games are played.
it has one of the best developers in the world(nintendo)
does not have halo,but has metroid prime 3.
does not have gears of war but has zelda twilight princes.
you can actually play all gamecube library,not some games like the 360.
you can browse the internet.
you have the virtual console wich expands the library of games each monday.
you can play videos,mp3's too.
does not have 720p,1080i(yet) but 480p is not that bad for now.(a quick upgrade can do it(regular xbox could output 1080i,so wii can too.
does not have a hard drive(for now) but have 512mb flash memory,and a sd card slot.

fully wi fi compatible.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back