Wii vs. 360 vs. PS3 chart

Old chart, but nice find :)
I just can't believe sony's "Dual Shock" has no rumble anymore, what do we call it now? the "Dual" ?

It's not their fault they dont have rumble since they got sued by some company, saying they coppied them. I guess thats what they get for trying to copy nintendo with motion sensing. But yeah they should call it something else if they dont want a ton of bashing.

DragonM3D said:
It's not their fault they dont have rumble since they got sued by some company, saying they coppied them. I guess thats what they get for trying to copy nintendo with motion sensing. But yeah they should call it something else if they dont want a ton of bashing.
they got sued by Nintendo for that. thats why they cant have rumble

DragonM3D said:
they got sued by Nintendo for that. thats why they cant have rumble. it was a 91 milllion dollar lawsuit.

Ahhh... You see, when I read an article on it, it didn't say who filed the lawsuit. Makes a lot more sense now ^_^

GO NINTENDO!

DragonM3D said:
Sony and Microsoft both got sued by the same company, Immersion, for using it's rumble feature without paying the company for it, but Microsoft settled and that's why the Xbox 360 has rumble, while Sony is still fighting Immersion and this is the reason the PS3 controller won't have rumble.

It's funny, Sony tried to convince people that rumble and motion sensetivity could not be in one controller, but it's actually quite possible as we can see with the Wiimote/nunchuk. Immersion is now doing a survey to see if customers want rumble in the PS3's controllers to pressure Sony into using their rumble technology to make the gamers happy and really so they can make money.:D

Go here to read the story.

Kakashi said:
Old chart, but nice find :)
I just can't believe sony's "Dual Shock" has no rumble anymore, what do we call it now? the "Dual" ?

Well they used to call their old PS1 pad the Dual Analogue (before they included rumble), so it could be the Dual Analogue 2.

Has anyone else found it funny how Sony seem to copy everything from Nintendo? Just look at the history:

Super Nintendo, first home console to have 3D graphics, a couple of years later Sony steals this idea.

Nintendo created the first analogue stick in a home console with the N64 (and I say the "First" because although the arcade-style sticks for the Super Nintendo arcade-shaped controllers could be considered "Analogue" they technically are not as these joysticks still operate with as on/off states, unlike the pressure-sensitive 64 controller) and a couple of years later the Playstation releases the "Dual Analogue"... plagarism just a little?

The Rumble Pak for the N64: Plagarised by Sony as the "Dual Shock" controller well after the Rumble Paks release.

And finally, all of our favourites...
MOTION SENSITIVITY! Nintendo announces their Next/New Gen console will be a full 3D Motion Sensing controller, then at the next E3 in 2006 Sony announces their controller will feature motion sensitivity too... Plagarism?

I wouldnt be surprised if Sony do it again with something. What I find funny tho is how limited their motion sensing capabilities will be, for instance how exactly are you supposed to swing that controller like a sword or aim it like a gun with both hands attached to it? Stupid tools they are...

Sony is still just pissed at Nintendo for abandonning them for Phillips when they made the disc console. Sony finds out something works for Nintendo and they take the idea and say its been in progress for years.

i never knew that the ps3 will have motion sensitivity? what the hell that just a queer piece of shizen housen. i mean c'mon sony think up of your own ideas.

Mr_Stoukaph said:
they got sued by Nintendo for that. thats why they cant have rumble
they had been planning having rumble in the first way. but when "they" "somehowe" suddenly wanned to have sensor inside! but to have that they would have to put the rumbling away

thats the fact

Back