Wii vs. 360 vs. PS3 chart

Here it says how Nintendo could be sued for Wii's Rumble feature. Immersion was the one who sued Sony and now they could go after Nintendo.

MetroidZ said:
for f***s sake. more bulls***

I don't think it will happen cuz Nintendo isn't dumb like Sony to copy from another company.

in terms of specs, the best ones are the ps3 and xbox 360 but in terms of gameplay and fun, wii 10, ps3 3, xbox 2!

rite im gonna be honest with u guys, those stats dont mean a thing to me, ciuld some1 sum up the main difference betwwen the power of ps3 and 360 and how good the wii graphics will be maxed out?

sorry guys but it would reli help me out

cheers :)

hey

Huh? I don't think they were sued by Nintendo? but rather some other not well known group who have some sort of patent for Controller Rumble. Hmm, I might try and dig up some info on it for yas.

I think they're now also trying to sue both Nintendo and Microsoft.

@Wii Beleive: Well remember that alot of the power behind both the X360 and PS3 will be used to add support for HD Displays. I think for games to make use of HD Displays, the games will mainly require much larger Textures, and to be run at a Higher Resolution. Indirectly, for things to look balanced, I think you would also need Higher Detailed Models, with Larger Amounts of Polygons and Skeletons, with more Advanced Animation Systems. This all eats their power up in no time, and only those with fancy/expensive HD Displays will see the full benefits. Well the games will look far better even on Normal Displays.

Graphically the Nintendo Wii can't really compete with the X360 or PS3. But the games will still look great, and most importantly I think will be more fun. Remember that I think the Nintendo Wii's hardware design is quite simular to the GameCube's, so I think developers should already know how to push it to its limits, and produce very nice visuals from the get go :).

Looking at the hardware specs, the Nintendo Wii looks simular to the original XBox. Although this may be misleading, as the Nintendo Wii may just have far greater performance than the original Xbox. It's hard to know as the original Xbox had a x86 based CPU, and the Nintendo Wii has a PowerPC based CPU. There are probly a heap of others things that may seperate them also. But even if the Nintendo Wii does turn out to have simular graphical performance to the original Xbox, I think generally games will look better than those on the Xbox. As I think for most games the original Xbox may not have been pushed to its limits, as alot of games were developed for multiple platforms (PS2 and/or GC), so the graphics may have been degraded to cater for them. Well I guess this would be a different story for Xbox exclusive titles.

Finally, I don't have the slightest worry about the graphical capabilities of the Nintendo Wii. I am quite sure it has enough power to supply convincing graphics, and most importantly it will help direct focus onto gameplay. Personally, I would prefer many great unique games, rather than ordinary games with great graphics ;), and I think the Nintendo Wii is far more capable to provide this. Hmm, speaking of which... I think for me, gaming has been going down hill since the end of the N64 days.

I wanted to add something... I think the most important thing you can do is just wait and see/play each system for yourself :). I myself think the Nintendo Wii has a great "WOW factor", as it seems to take a greater leap towards something different. I think it's more like the jump from the SNES to the N64, rather than the N64 to the GC :D.

cyas

Last edited:
The reason why nintendo hasn't been sued is because the immersion patent is for "two offset motors" (i.e Duel shock), nintendo's previous consoles have only used one. Nintendo's rumble pack patent (1999) precedes Immersions patent (2000). Depending on the rumble technology in the wii, it seems immersion may have no case against nintendo.

Back