Wii Worries About Space Needed

Dec 4, 2006
Northern Ireland - Co. Down
Wii Online Code
8263-8201-5467-9061
Okay my room is about 3.5 metres wide with my bed on one side and the tv on the other. Im worried i wont have the space for a few games like Wii Bowling.

Also my TV is pretty high [about half a metre from sitting] Will this affect the wii remote?

I have about 5 feet if Room to play my Wii in my room all you need is like 2-3 feet. On your settings set your Sensor Bar to "Above the TV"

it will be tough to play games like tennis and golf in a small room, that's for sure.

If you set the sensor bar high, then im sure it wont be a problem. I dont have much space either, especially seen as the bed is in the middle of the room, taking up a lot of room. Luckily its on wheels, so ill push it to the corner when friends come round, and we have four people flinging their arms around...

you'd be surprised at the small amount of movement that you actually need to play any game, a slight flick of the wrist will do most of the time, you can play them all sitting down if you learn how to do it

fiveryanfrenzy said:
you'd be surprised at the small amount of movement that you actually need to play any game, a slight flick of the wrist will do most of the time, you can play them all sitting down if you learn how to do it

yeah but that's not much fun now is it. Why not just use a regular remote if you're just gunna flick!

space "needed" is one thing, where space "used" is another.

you can play boxing sitting down, but you can also play boxing and knock down just about everything around you (including other people). it all depends on your style, temper, etc.

ive found i need to move stuff when i play against someone in boxing. baseball and tennis sometimes gets messy too. bowling is fine since its one person up at a time though.

I have my wii in my dorm room and although there isn't a huge amount of space, I find that it's still easy to play the games. If you can stand up, stretch your arms out, and do a 360 without hitting anything I think you should be good.

im will be playing in a rather small area possible 2 metres long and 1.5 metre wide (baring in mind thats the size of the area i have to move around in) and ive tested out the basic tennis movement bowling movment etc and it seems to be fine maybe a bit crampt.

edit - infact i can JUST about do 360 movement with my arms out without touching any thing.

Last edited:
i don't have much room to play my wii either but i'm not complaining.
i can play my wii in front of a TV with no problems.
it's all about configuration/settings of the sensor bar.
proper placement is key too.

meh I have that problem. My bedroom has about 1.6 m space parallel to the tv screen and 3metres to the back wall. Not enough room for multiplayer.

I'm getting the Wii on wed nite/thurs morning and already have gotten into an arguement with my parents about buying it and setting it up at home. Apparently they think its just an old console with motion sensor as a gimmick, given that they've seen me play N64 and GC.

I explained it to my mum how it works and she did have a fleeting smile on her face showing she was kind of interested in how it works.

I have enough space in my bedroom and can wheel the tv out to a bigger room if multiplayer is required.

Does anyone have that problem of conventional thought with their parents. How about someone who's parents didn't want the Wii at all and gave in when they tried it out???

Back