Wii ?

MaxTO

I have to go Wii
Aug 26, 2007
Does anyone know how Nintendo came up with the name Wii for there system ? Dont get me wrong I think the name , the look , and the logo looks cool enough but I find myself wondering how they decided on Wii ? I wonder what was the runner up name for the system ?

i remember reading its because it doesnt have to change in any language, it resembles everyone univerally, WII can all play and have fun. has something to do with old and young being able to play it easily.

That makes me think ,,, Wii is also a lot of fun to say . Go on , try saying it three times fast and tell me you dont feel better :)
Hmmm unless you are the CEO to eather Playstation or Xbox :( If thats the case try saying it once a few times and slowly work your way up to the 3 .

:lol: still its a weird name, not saying i dont like it its just an intersesting choice. better than naming it "revolution" though

Yeah because it's not revolutionary. The criticism chain would be astronomically long.

yeah they came up with the name wii cause it is easy to say

and the i's are supposed to represent two people standing beside each other
..and two wiimotes

try spelling the name

'double you' 'double i

Maybe because its very small(Wee). And maybe since its like a party system they thought of "We" as in we play together? Lol. I would love to find the official answer to this question!

The official answer is what Ness said...Wii, as in we, as in everybody, can play. Because that's what Nintendo's aim was, for anyone of any age to play it.

Back