WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Elementary Watson.
Two of three Zelda forms are from the "toon" games. Both are staples, and Zelda needs a form (Despite the fishy tales being told).

That it's not that crazy to have two or more newcomers for a series, so the two most important characters from Donkey Kong could be added at the same time.
I don't think we are going to get that many additions in this game.
Here is where I heard it: Kwing

Stupid. Sorry, but that's a bad excuse. We have three overall wearers, we've had Pikachu and Pichu, we've had two Mario incarnations, and three Links, I don't think three apes would be that crazy. PLEASE ​someone say the same.
It is something that might attract minor criticism. But not the bulk of my argument. I think, if we are going to get a new DK character it would be K. Rool. The series is lacking a lot of support despite being one of the main Nintendo franchises and Krool would be a fresh new character and not a Diddy clone or another hairy ape/monkey.

They did that because pretty much everything about Wario was incorporated from WarioWare in Brawl. Not because the visuals need to be more diverse.
True, but they did acknowledge his main design, but I believe the reason they chose to base him off of the WarioWare series is because they needed Mario diversity.

Last edited:
It is something that might attract minor criticism. But not the bulk of my argument. I think, if we are going to get a new DK character it would be K. Rool. The series is lacking a lot of support despite being one of the main Nintendo franchises and Krool would be a fresh new character and not a Diddy clone or another hairy ape/monkey.

True, but they did acknowledge his main design, but I believe the reason they chose to base him off of the WarioWare series is because they needed Mario diversity.

So, your main argument against Dixie is that she's a monkey? Alright.

And no, it wasn't for Mario diversity, because Sakurai almost chose to add Wario instead of Doc for a Mario clone in SSBM. So. No.

I can't make you change your vote, but there's really just as much (if not more) going for Dixie than K. Rool, and there's absolutely no reason they can't both be added, which is why I vote:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

So, your main argument against Dixie is that she's a monkey? Alright.
Nah, DK series needs a villain. And because I think she will be a clone. Krool is more fresh then Dixie.

And no, it wasn't for Mario diversity, because Sakurai almost chose to add Wario instead of Doc for a Mario clone in SSBM. So. No.
Source?
Plus if it is true that just helps my point. Although I think the Wario Dash would have been much better then and just as diverse as the bike. /ProjectMadvertizing

I can't make you change your vote, but there's really just as much (if not more) going for Dixie than K. Rool, and there's absolutely no reason they can't both be added, which is why I vote:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
I don't think there is going to be much room for new characters as stated already. Liked source in above post.

As I said...
Not sure if they will add anyone new from Donkey Kong, but...
Donkey Kong: he will obviously be in
Diddy Kong: almost positive
Dixie and Candy: might have a chance
King K. Rool: not positive, but if the makers of the new ssb are looking for more characters...they will probably add him

Nah, DK series needs a villain. And because I think she will be a clone. Krool is more fresh then Dixie.

"I voted for Toon Zelda" Really, have you ever played as Dixie Kong in a DCK game? She doesn't play like Dixie. And since when has being a clone made her someone less likely? Only never.

Source?
Plus if it is true that just helps my point. Although I think the Wario Dash would have been much better then and just as diverse as the bike. /ProjectMadvertizing

No, it doesn't. Your point was that they were trying to diversify the Mario roster via asthetic changes, and I showed you he was going to be added in 2001, which was prior to him being a Biker. There goes that argument. http://www.smashboards.com/threads/new-smash-bros-for-wiiu.304894/page-2675#post-14462546

I don't think there is going to be much room for new characters as stated already. Liked source in above post.

Kwing isn't a valid source. Sakurai is. He is the only valid source. And Sakurai has never stated that there won't be many characters added. If Sakurai had it his way we could have potentially had seven more characters in Brawl (At least four of them being derived from already existing characters I might add)

You really have no argument, you're grasping at straws to simply validate your stance. Your argument is she would be a clone (Which doesn't make her less likely), that we won't be getting many characters (Which is fine, that's your opinion, but stop trying to make it a fact), and that K Rool is a better choice (When they could both easily be in the game).

@Ninja

Are those your votes? Or?

Doesn't K. Rool have issues gettin' into Smash 'cause of copyright 'n such because of Microsoft's acquisition of Rare? I recall that bein' a very frequent point made back in the days of the "the One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect" thread's activity.

That aside, I'm very confident we'll see another DK character get in. K. Rool would definitely be a great choice considerin' worthy DK villains are few and far between far as I know. Fan demand is there as well. If these copyright issues ain't an actual thing, my vote's definitely for 'em.

However, my knowledge of Donkey Kong lore 'n characters is few and far between. I sure as **** know Dixie wouldn't just be some clone'a Diddy, but I don't know enough t' give the character a vote as of now. Enlighten me, yeah?

Do we need to go over this?

Remember Ghirahim traveling to the past to revive Demise? Technically, his future and past self should exist there at the same time. The past version of Ghirahim is never encountered.

This is also what could very well be considered a timeline split. Timeline splits are confusing, so I'm not going to go into it too much. OoT did something similar with the whole Master Sword "seven years" thing.

Bloody time-related shenanigans... :lol: Either way, if Ghirahim ever returns my heart will be overflowing with rainbows.

Toon Zelda literally does nothing in her appearences besides getting captured.

nope.avi

/ProjectMadvertizing

yesz.jpeg

Doesn't K. Rool have issues gettin' into Smash 'cause of copyright 'n such because of Microsoft's acquisition of Rare? I recall that bein' a very frequent point made back in the days of the "the One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect" thread's activity.

Nah, anything implemented into a Nintendo franchise via Rare is owned by Nintendo. Sort of like the exact opposite of what happened with the Super Mario RPG characters. (Anything not already Nintendo property is now SE's property, like Geno) King K. Rool, Dixie, Diddy, Krystal, ect. All Nintendo.
However, my knowledge of Donkey Kong lore 'n characters is few and far between. I sure as **** know Dixie wouldn't just be some clone'a Diddy, but I don't know enough t' give the character a vote as of now. Enlighten me, yeah?

Dixie uses her hair to copter about in the DK franchise. I made this B-Moveset for her a while back, to give you a bit of an idea how she could play I'll post it.

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

While it is true (Unlike Diddy) all Dixie has to work with is her DKC stuff, it doesn't really hinder her. Sakurai improvises of the moveset type stuff anyhow. Dixie is pretty much the forth most important (viable) character from the DK franchise. She's sort of like the third most important Kong. She's a female protagonist, just like Samus. And she's helped take down King K. Rool in the DKC series more times than Donkey Kong himself. (Considering Donkey Kong was only in ONE of the three DKC games as a playable character, not including DKCR)

"I voted for Toon Zelda" Really, have you ever played as Dixie Kong in a DCK game? She doesn't play like Dixie. And since when has being a clone made her someone less likely? Only never.
I guess you proved that Dixie is diverse enough moveset wise (nice moveset btw). But if anyone is going to be added, I would much rather have Krool added then Dixie. Why not both? hmmmmmmmmm...... I guess it could be possible, but I don't think it's likely.

You should really check out The Moveset Thread. I think you would like it. And if you want, I can add your movesets to it if you want.

No, it doesn't. Your point was that they were trying to diversify the Mario roster via aesthetic changes, and I showed you he was going to be added in 2001, which was prior to him being a Biker. There goes that argument. http://www.smashboards.com/threads/new-smash-bros-for-wiiu.304894/page-2675#post-14462546
Still don't know what your prattling on about. If the source is true then Wario was not added because of Mario relatedness and to make him more diverse they used the WarioWare series instead of everything else. Which also includes being aesthetically different from the Mario characters. Wario's moves and abilities even without WarioWare are a far cry from any other Mario character. He was not added in Melee because he lacked series diversity and aesthetic diversity.

Kwing isn't a valid source. Sakurai is. He is the only valid source. And Sakurai has never stated that there won't be many characters added. If Sakurai had it his way we could have potentially had seven more characters in Brawl (At least four of them being derived from already existing characters I might add)
A video game reporter and investigator said that Sakurai said it, not him. So, I don't know what your talking about.

Agreed. Sakurai said he doesn't want t' add very many characters. One of the DK crew, Kong or villain, definitely deserves one'a these few slots though. That much I agree on.

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

A good B-moveset indeed, but I was askin' along the lines of why as a character in the franchise she would get in over anyone else. I've played a few games with 'er playable (namely DK 64 that I can remember) and certainly know she has moveset potential. If Olimar's moveset can be considered good enough, then certainly any character that can; as MR put it; jump 'n walk, could receive a feasible moveset for Smash.

Any arguments t' sway my vote in K. Rool's favor are also welcome.

I believe it was Tiny Kong that was in Donkey Kong 64.
Tiny Kong is Dixie Kong's sister.

The only argument I have for K. Rool is that he is a villain and I believe the DK seires should have a villain in Smash.

Ah, that's right... my acursed memory strikes again. Though I could'a swore I've played a 3D DK game with Dixie playable.

Anyway here is my vote

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Also in that popularity pole, add Professor Layton and Tiki (Fire Emblem)

Last edited:
I sadly don't see Tiki getting a spot. Even though she's not a favorite of mine, I like her more then Lucina or Chrom. Playing as a dragon would be fun (not counting Charizard because anti nostalgiafag bias).

Well we aren't discussing Fire Emblem yet but Tiki happens to bridge the gap from Marth to Chrom and she is the princess of an entire staple race in Fire Emblem, and she is a female.

The only problem is the Ridley problem
Dragons are too big

Back